Gotway Monster22 review

Mathias Mestermann

Not sure if we can link same post on 2 category or if I should have post here first...

But here is the review I wrote in French & English.

Ask if I missed anything before handling it better. I'll update.

Check the review

Choose language on top right of the page like usual... Italian version will come later.

P.S. Looking for somebody interested in German translation

Those shells are cool, gotway should offer them for the Msuper. As far as these "monster" euc, does anybody else worry that they would attract bad attention from law enforcement and legislators with even more restrictions.

Shell colors are actually available for MSuper3s+ as well ;)

Contact us for Switzerland and other countries. www.WheelzWorld.com

About attention on Monster, for sure... People need to be responsible with that!! But it's showing it can drive safely than people start to understand...

Everyday I see people freaking out seeing me coming, than I slow down and passe near them at like 2km/h and they feel safe...

It's all in the mind... I would go 300% faster on a freaking bicycle and they wouldn't mind... Freaking irony...

(personally yeah I drive fast... but slow every time I see people freak out... It is exacerbating for sure...)

On 22/12/2016 at 8:34 PM, Mathias Mestermann said:

Everyday I see people freaking out seeing me coming, than I slow down and passe near them at like 2km/h and they feel safe...

:thumbup:

On 22/12/2016 at 8:34 PM, Mathias Mestermann said:

It's all in the mind... I would go 300% faster on a freaking bicycle and they wouldn't mind... Freaking irony...

Using empirical data to judge risks has nothing to do with irony, it is actually perfectly rational. If we have seen many many many fast bicycles passing us without incidents, we adjusted the risk judgment respectively, despite that they are crazy fast.

25 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

"I need the fastest wheel you've got !" "No that's too fast'.

HAHA... May happen one day^^ Currently people looking for speed need more limit to feel safe at lower speed first.

Now we surely will get future models for speed sport.

41 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

crazy speed.....

Looking at your signature I know what you're getting for X-mass ;)

Speedyfeet, showed the paint job may not up to snuff, he showed flaking at the edges... But I love the frost look....

You got beebing for feedback and tilt at upper range, but you can confirm with the app... You can add a bike computer to wheel... 

On 29/12/2016 at 6:36 AM, Elizabeth Daggett said:

How to monitor the speed level for safety riding?

Imagine you were running, ask yourself whether you are sprinting already. Imagine you would jump off the wheel this very moment, for real, honestly. Safety riding is when this feels perfectly doable.

1 minute ago, Mono said:

Imagine you were running, ask yourself whether you are sprinting already. Imagine you would jump off the wheel this very moment, for real, honestly. Safety riding is when this feels perfectly doable.

or just use the app ;)

4 hours ago, Cerbera said:

or just use the app ;)

Well, it means you have to look at the app while riding, which is in itself a safety hazard. Then, the app also doesn't tell you which speed you can comfortably run off.

I've got a lower arm band holder for my phone, so it's just a downwards glance. I would argue that it is not possible or important to know what speed you can 'run off it' as there are no guarantees that the type of fall you have can be 'run off'. If it tilts you forward, and cuts out, you haven't got time to run anywhere, and the speed you happened to be going at the time is only relevant to the distance you might slide... in my experience the main factor in a successful run-off is luck.

I suppose we can surmise that if you are going faster than you can instantly run (and that's going to be like getting dropped on a moving treadmill), then you have no chance, and if going slower than that, then it's back to luck and the type of fail you've had...

18 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

If it tilts you forward, and cuts out, you haven't got time to run anywhere

I don't see why not, as long as you go slow enough. I suspect that with the right awareness, body posture and speed, it is possible to run off from any situation, even from a cut out at full acceleration or deceleration. It probably requires that the upper body remains pretty much vertical all the time.

4 minutes ago, Mono said:

I suspect that with the right awareness, body posture and speed, it is possible to run off from any situation, even from a cut out at full acceleration or deceleration.

No way, my friend - that motor cuts, and you'll be on the ground before you've realised something has gone wrong, let alone have had time to react to it.

3 hours ago, Cerbera said:

No way, my friend - that motor cuts, and you'll be on the ground before you've realised something has gone wrong, let alone have had time to react to it.

We go to the ground as fast as gravity dictates. It is exactly with the same downward acceleration that we have between two steps while running. Which means, we have roughly the time of half a step while running to catch the next step, probably a little more. That is not much time at all and if it comes as a total surprise, it will be very difficult react quickly enough. This is where the awareness part comes into play: one should not be surprised if the wheel cuts out, it should rather always be part of the anticipation what could happen.

That's fine, we agree to disagree on this one. I will let you know when I find out that I couldn't run it off.

1 hour ago, Cerbera said:

I suppose we can surmise that if you are going faster than you can instantly run (and that's going to be like getting dropped on a moving treadmill), then you have no chance, and if going slower than that, then it's back to luck and the type of fail you've had...

Dropping on a moving treadmill sounds like a good way to get an idea how fast you can instantly run, I've seen people stand on the the sides and jump on to a fast moving treadmill for interval training.  I suppose a person could gradually increase the speed each time, and get a good idea of the max speed they could run off a cutout.

Archived