King Song 2017 plans

trya

I fear we may be in a bit of a golden hour with EUC's.  The technology is getting better, the performance is increasing hugely and certainly in the UK, we seem to be left alone to ride although technically the powers that be would claim they are illegal if pushed for an answer.

I can see a time in the UK that use of EUC's will just receive an outright ban as we seem to be a bit backward like that with new technologies.

This could be triggered by a high profile accident, where someone is seriously injured or killed, or maybe by their sales increasing hugely. (hoverboard is a perfect example and we should all learn from that).

I wonder if one solution to help maybe a gentlemans agreement on speed between manufacturers, much like is still in place with motorcycle manufacturers.  The speed war on bikes in the 80's and 90's was intense and manufacturers recognised that they risked begin legislated against, so the top manufacturers agreed between them that they would implement a 300km/h limit on all bikes (My Hayabusa has it and i've hit it several times on track or runways).  This is still a pretty ridiculous speed to be honest but it seems to have worked and the manufacturers were left alone, they continue to make ever more powerful bikes but that speed limit of 186mph is still in place.

I hope i'm wrong and in 5 years time EUC's are more popular than cars and we have our own dedicated lanes and free public charge points! :-)

Andy.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 25.3.2017 at 6:21 PM, Rudy Sijnke said:

*Bump* still no news about new upcoming models??

Me like to know;) 

R

Not sure when you can realistically expect to buy it here. Compare the dream dates from the original post here to reality. Maybe in a month, maybe in 4, who knows.

If you're waiting for a redesigned KS18 shell, given the upcoming 18S, my (unqualified) guess is, not this year.

12 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Not sure when you can realistically expect to buy it here. Compare the dream dates from the original post here to reality. Maybe in a month, maybe in 4, who knows.

If you're waiting for a redesigned KS18 shell, given the upcoming 18S, my (unqualified) guess is, not this year.

I actually like the current design of the shell; not too wide. 

Allen

35 minutes ago, abinder3 said:

I actually like the current design of the shell; not too wide. 

Allen

thinking again about the specs of the new Ks18s with 1500wh and 40/50kmh on a 1680wh config....i am still struggling about my next wheel buy.....

If i get a chance to testdrive the Ks18s....and its more agil in idling/torque generating...i will again take this one!

still the stablest 18" drive i ever have done......

33 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

thinking again about the specs of the new Ks18s with 1500wh and 40/50kmh on a 1680wh config....i am still struggling about my next wheel buy.....

If i get a chance to testdrive the Ks18s....and its more agil in idling/torque generating...i will again take this one!

still the stablest 18" drive i ever have done......

I much prefer it's tall design instead of a shorter wider design.  Just wish they were able to put a higher power motor and larger battery capacity in the same design shell. 

An integrated trolley handle like the KS16S would be nice.

Allen

Archived