Remove battery don't "affect" the warranty" in the original Mini FAQ manual

Today, i find the original MINI PROFAQ DOC

http://www.ninebot.com/Aftersales-faq.html

(translate from chinese to english with microsoft and google, sorry)

They said: 

44. Q : The battery is detachable for users? User-removable batteries will lose warranty?

A : Battery is user removable, do not affect the warranty. After you remove the battery pack, it is close to the body on the side of the battery cover has a square LED lamp, if the light is intermittent flashing green light, indicating that batteries are working properly. If the light does not shine or some other color, indicating battery failure, you need to repair / replace. Note: battery removed will expose circuits within the body, users cannot disassemble inner circuit, remove body circuit will lose warranty eligibility. Internal circuit with high voltage, and still remains a high voltage with the battery removed. Touch the internal circuit is likely to be a shock, or risk of injury.

Maybe use this document when you are in touch with your ninebot reseller for know if this is available in your country

Well, if the battery light is flashing in green: all is ok

but if your battery light don' flash or other: it's a bad day for you :)

• 4 weeks later...

no, I do not agree. upon my experience by now. permanent red led indicates empty battery, flashing red equal charging empty battery. later on led changes to green when battery charged full.

I'm not really sure but could it be they mention not to disassemble the battery? At least I can read this text in english on the battery ...

• 3 months later...

My MiniPro is 10 days old and one of the warranty stickers has already split just from daily use of my unit.  If the other one splits it's not fair to be denied warranty just because of a weak, fragile sticker splitting apart.  I wonder how strict they are about this.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/13/2017 at 11:44 AM, RooMiniPro said:

The stickers peel off easily if you heat them with a hairdryer for 3-4 minutes first. 

How to replace/swap batteries quickly for a long range ride?

It took me longer than I like, unscrewing the four bolts.

I wondered if there may be some faster way without an electric driver.

10 hours ago, Rocky Romero said:

How to replace/swap batteries quickly for a long range ride?

It took me longer than I like, unscrewing the four bolts.

I wondered if there may be some faster way without an electric driver.

You can try T-handle driver, or ratchet driver. If you were trying to use a L type Allen key then you were working in the dark ages. :)

8 hours ago, RooMiniPro said:

A small electric screw driver is the only fast way.  It is super fast too.  I do a swap over in about 3 minutes.  You can get really small palm sized electric drivers on Amazon for $30.

I saw what you had and I'll look for one to compare with alternatives.

Size, as you know, becomes important when riding.

Thanks for this.

Archived