First look at KingSong 14D in world

EcoDrift

1 hour ago, trya said:

@nomad I found the answer: 79cm (compared to KS16A - 82cm)

The first review of KS14D in Russian is published already on @EcoDrift's site: https://airwheel.ru/kingsong-ks-14d-znakomstvo/ - I got the info from there.

Thanks @trya this is nice to know!

(for reference here's my v5f+ measurement, the rubber handle end is pretty thick and locks with a little forward tilt.. It's 82.5 cm at the lowest point under the handle, on top of it where you rest your palm it's 88.5 cm)

one interesting piece of info from that review: they mention that King Song also prepares one more version - KS14S - which will have 680 and 860 battery options, the body will be thicker, and it'll be heavier of course.

wow, kingsong is getting better and better qualitywise!

fuse changeable from outside, Fan on board,  speakers, leds, and that all nicely put together ...not a silicon hell like on the Gotways!

good work!

Found a spec sheet on this french shop: http://gyroroue-shop.fr/produit/kingsong-ks-14d

Maximum speed: 25 km / h - Battery life: 30 to 40km - Weight: 12.5kg - maximum slope about 30 ° - Charging time: 3.5 hours - Battery: 420Wh - Maximum Power: Rated 800W / 2400W max - voltage: AC input 80 ~ 240V, Output DC 67.2V, 2A charger - battery life: ~ 1000 cycles - tire: 14 inches - maximum load: 100kg - Bluetooth: Yes - smartphone application: Yes -Warranty: 24 months and 12 months battery - Certificates CE

The 25km/h speed and the 420wh battery stand out to me. Not a lot of wheels have 420wh batteries, right?(edit: Not that it's a bad thing)  And 25km/h seems rather slow compared to other kingsong models.

Edit2: They just uploaded a video as well: 

Kudos for more realistic range and speed specs! It sets a good example for others to follow if they want to be taken seriously.

If 25 km/h is the top tiltback free cruising speed then it's fast enough, faster is not stable on such a small diameter tire anyway. I can understand some might wish for a bit higher if tiltback starts at a lower speed.. However I think this is mainly targeting portability, great for shorter distances at 20-25 km/h with only wristguards obligatory. Of course full protection is always the recommended way to ride at any speed, but we all know it will not be the case 100% of rides... (with this wheel you're already half way to your destinations while the 30 km/h guy is still home dressing up in full protective gear)

Also great to see improvement has been made on the pads too. The older first look on this wheel (I guess a prototype) had pads that were smaller area and looked too thin and hard.

Archived