Inmotion v8

amadeusz

• 2 weeks later...

Wouldn't the warranty be voided if sold to another person?  I'm running into that issue with my SoloWheel Xtreme.  I would look into your wheel if there was a warranty, since I'm interested in the V8.  Still waiting on my Xtreme to get out of the shop after 3 weeks. :(

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/12/2016 at 11:51 PM, Tim Koffler said:

Wouldn't the warranty be voided if sold to another person?

Warranty is AFAIK related to the product, the vendor, and the date of purchase, but not to the buyer.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2016 at 2:51 PM, Tim Koffler said:

Wouldn't the warranty be voided if sold to another person?  I'm running into that issue with my SoloWheel Xtreme.  I would look into your wheel if there was a warranty, since I'm interested in the V8.  Still waiting on my Xtreme to get out of the shop after 3 weeks. :(

Really? Product warranty ties to product, tying to person does not make any sense. Perhaps Solowheel can confirm this. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2017 at 4:08 PM, stevenvo said:

Really? Product warranty ties to product, tying to person does not make any sense. Perhaps Solowheel can confirm this. 

Well,  I just had to pay $300 to have Solowheel replace the motherboard on mine because I wasn't the primary buyer.....Stevenvo, if you can confirm this I would love it if you'd send me documentation.

Yeah, Original purchaser only.  The first line of their warranty:

1. Warranty Inventist Inc. warrants to the original consumer purchaser of the Solowheel (“Purchaser”) that the product will be free from defects in materials and manufacture on the date of purchase and will remain serviceable for a period of one year after the date of Purchaser’s purchase, subject to the exclusions in the following paragraph.

Aren't their warranty laws in the US? In the EU they can write all they want, that doesn't change their legal responsibility for the product they have sold. And the time of warranty is by law two years :)

10 minutes ago, Mono said:

Aren't their warranty laws in the US? In the EU they can write all they want, that doesn't change their legal responsibility for the product they have sold. And the time of warranty is by law two years :)

In the US it is usually one year.  Two years seems a long time for an electrical product. Especially if it is a warranty for customer satisfaction.  In two years there is always going to be something better.

However, most of the electrical products I have, last 10-15 years.  A well engineered EUC would probably last that long, only the batteries would need to be replaced at some point before the wheel itself wore out.  And batteries are also lasting much longer.  

The more we complain, the better the product.:cry2:

1 minute ago, steve454 said:

In the US it is usually one year.  Two years seems a long time for an electrical product. Especially if it is a warranty for customer satisfaction.

Apart from dining in a restaurant, legal warranty is not exactly about customer satisfaction, but that the product meets the "obvious" expectations. That means for example that for batteries we expect them to lose capacity over time and cycles, so one cannot claim warranty when this happens. But then, for dinners in a restaurant the warranty period isn't two years either, I believe...

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/14/2017 at 2:26 PM, Tim Koffler said:

Well,  I just had to pay $300 to have Solowheel replace the motherboard on mine because I wasn't the primary buyer.....Stevenvo, if you can confirm this I would love it if you'd send me documentation.

Just checked. From what I read second hand / used goods are not covered by implied warranty in the US. Only covered in Singapore, NZ, AUS and other countries. What a shame!

Archived