Gotway Msuper3 1600 WH range

First discharge of the Msuper3s+. I got 88 km or 55 miles from 100 to 20%. At 20 percent it started beeping first around 25 kph on flats, 15 kph on small inclines and 8 kph on larger inclines. As I keep riding it started beeping around 12 kph on flats, which is when I called it.

I weight 160 lbs. Tire pressure was 24psi. I was riding between 25 to 35 kph for the first 70 percent, and was more cautious riding 15-20 kph from 30 to 20 percent. Temperature in New York over the last few days has ranged from 30 to 55 degrees. 

If the tire pressure was higher, I'm guessing I could edge out another 5 miles, but I'd rather  sacrifice a few miles in range for a more comfortable ride.

IMG_0097.PNG

1 hour ago, logos122 said:

First discharge of the Msuper3s+. I got 88 km or 55 miles from 100 to 20%. At 20 percent it started beeping first around 25 kph on flats, 15 kph on small inclines and 8 kph on larger inclines. As I keep riding it started beeping around 12 kph on flats, which is when I called it.

I weight 160 lbs. Tire pressure was 24psi. I was riding between 25 to 35 kph for the first 70 percent, and was more cautious riding 15-20 kph from 30 to 20 percent. Temperature in New York over the last few days has ranged from 30 to 55 degrees. 

If the tire pressure was higher, I'm guessing I could edge out another 5 miles, but I'd rather  sacrifice a few miles in range for a more comfortable ride.

IMG_0097.PNG

Thank you for relating this experience to us

Why are you riding at 24 psi?

Did you type that in error?

Maybe you meant 42 psi..... I hope so

Thank you for sharing.

That's a pretty good mileage considering I get 25 miles max from my ACM 820Wh. I would expect around 50 miles for myself which would suit me fine. I'm not sure I could manage to ride that far in a day but it would mean a good few days commuting before needing to charge.  :)

8 hours ago, Greg Spalding said:

Thank you for relating this experience to us

Why are you riding at 24 psi?

Did you type that in error?

Maybe you meant 42 psi..... I hope so

No I had it at 24psi because it's a more comfortable ride. I had my Msuper2 at the same tire pressure, and it worked fine 

I think this in line with what I should be getting on mine. I have riding 33km and I am flashing between 60% and 70% which tells me i'm right arounfg 70% maybe a little less. so this should line up with what @logos122 is getting on his. I also ride extremely hard. I'n new york your usually slowing down on most corners and at this point I usually push hard which I know is hitting the batteries hard. I always ride at final warning or just under. I'm going to start a little thread about my experience so far

No I had it at 24psi because it's a more comfortable ride. I had my Msuper2 at the same tire pressure, and it worked fine 

you will get AT LEAST 33% more (if not 50% more) range at 40 psi. in fact, i'm pretty sure you will be far safer at the high psi because of the tire shape

no offense intended but that is a very low pressure for that tire... IMHO, of course

18 minutes ago, Greg Spalding said:

you will get AT LEAST 33% more (if not 50% more) range at 40 psi. in fact, i'm pretty sure you will be far safer at the high psi because of the tire shape

no offense intended but that is a very low pressure for that tire... IMHO, of course

For this charge cycle I'll test it with a higher psi, but 24psi is what I rode my Msuper2 at for 1000 miles with no tire issues. Also, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the Msuper tires have a lower range of recommended tire pressure compared to other electric unicycles?

Just now, logos122 said:

For this charge cycle I'll test it with a higher psi, but 24psi is what I rode my Msuper2 at for 1000 miles with no tire issues. Also, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the Msuper tires have a lower range of recommended tire pressure compared to other electric unicycles?

If that is true I never heard that but I do greatly appreciate your reply and your personal experience

Obviously, with twice the PSI the rival be far more rough but I guarantee you will see a much greater range and better maneuverability on your wheel as the profile the tire reaches what the manufacturer desired with their recommended inflation PSI.

I'm anxious to see what you find out and wish you the best of luck. Others will chime in with more knowledge than me, of course

Again, thank you for replying

11 minutes ago, logos122 said:

The Msuper3 tyres are for up to 45psi.....marked on the tyre itself....take a look :-)

Yes the max 45 psi, but I was wonder what the recommended range (minimum psi) is

45 is not the maximum PSI... That is close to 60

45 is the maximum recommended PSI for riding

Perhaps that's where you were having a problem in deciding what PSI to use

38 to 45 is the only PSI that tire should ever have when you are standing on that wheel... Anything less and the tire is deformed and therefore will be very dangerous... Anything higher than 45 and you risk having a blowout going over some kind of debris.

If you ride at 42 to 45 you will get the longest range and the longest life out of that tireI would advise you to become used to the feeling of being on the wheel at that PSI for your own health. You're very lucky to have written a 24 psi all these months and not have a problem. I think you were going to be amazed how much better any wheel would be with the recommended PSI and therefore riding on the wheel with the tire at the shape it is supposed to be during operation

3 minutes ago, logos122 said:

Yeap you guys are right. 35 to 45 psi is the recommended range according to this site

IMG_0106.PNG

I hope you go out there and give us your range your weight in your environment with the 42 to 45 PSI as soon as possible

Also please report back about how much better your wheel rides with the proper inflation and therefore the proper tire "SHAPE" on the road

Good luck

On 11/15/2016 at 8:33 AM, Greg Spalding said:

Just finished the second full charge at 40 psi. I got 93 km vs 88 km at 24 psi. Surprisingly it was only a 6 percent difference. I think I'm going to set it to 35 psi in the future, if the difference in range is so little. The ride is much more comfortable at a lower psi, on bumpy roads.

IMG_0253.PNG

31 minutes ago, logos122 said:

Just finished the second full charge at 40 psi. I got 93 km vs 88 km at 24 psi. Surprisingly it was only a 6 percent difference.

I won't surprise on that because I've tested the range at 44 psi and at 29 psi, the difference is 9%. The resistance due to tire is small compared with even the overhead of EUC, let alone air drag.

I'm a little heavier at 75kg. The lighter, the less difference in range for different tire pressure.

40 minutes ago, logos122 said:

Just finished the second full charge at 40 psi. I got 93 km vs 88 km at 24 psi. Surprisingly it was only a 6 percent difference. I think I'm going to set it to 35 psi in the future, if the difference in range is so little. The ride is much more comfortable at a lower psi, on bumpy roads.

IMG_0253.PNG

Yeah I got a little over 80km on mine and I am a lot heavier then you and was really riding at almost 40km most of the time and from a stop basically flooring it everytime. So I think its safe to say you can get about a 100km with one of these units is you go past 20%. I personally will be charging at 50% because when riding on a full charge is "like taking your first line of cocaine" #devils advocate

20 minutes ago, Donafello said:

Yeah I got a little over 80km on mine and I am a lot heavier then you and was really riding at almost 40km most of the time and from a stop basically flooring it everytime. So I think its safe to say you can get about a 100km with one of these units is you go past 20%. I personally will be charging at 50% because when riding on a full charge is "like taking your first line of cocaine" #devils advocate

Yeah a >50 % charged msuper is a best. Another reason to buy the large battery version!

6 hours ago, logos122 said:

IMG_0253.PNG

I appreciate the update

Almost impossible to believe the only 6% difference in doubling the PSI (i DO believe you, obviously... But that absolutely makes zero sense)

In fact, that could only be possible if you weighed 6 pounds.... LOL

You might want to check your pressure gauge or something... Okay, I'm off that pulpit :P

Happy for the range of this beast... Just amazing

Hope you will take us on a long journey by video... Even if you just mount one of those 360° Cameras to your helmet and I'll take Zofran or two before I start watching it :laughbounce2:

Again, thanks for the update

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2016 at 8:18 AM, logos122 said:

IMG_0253.PNG

sorry I'm asking a stupid question, is 181.055km on your meter 181 km or 181 000 km?

Thanks @logos122 for sharing!

However, to all folks, with 1600 Wh, we should get much more in term of distance right? On my ACM16 828Wh I could get something about 60 km.. So I guess 1600 should be about at least 110 km ? More over, with my riding backpack, I should be around 85 kg..

Or the MS3 PCB needs power consumption optimization ?

On 11/15/2016 at 2:41 PM, logos122 said:

Yeap you guys are right. 35 to 45 psi is the recommended range according to this site

IMG_0106.PNG

@logos122 Yes, you should keep it above 35psi. I usually inflate units to 40psi. Much easier for "New riders" to learn at 35-40psi. More advanced riders seem to ride at 40-50psi. 

Personally, I ride at 40-45psi. Ride gets pretty harsh when above 45psi.

A lower psi is more forgiving on bump and dips in the road. But if you have your air too low, you can damage your wheel. Especially if you hop up crubs and drop off curbs. 

By the way, Nice webpage reference!

Enjoy your ride! Stay safe!

9 hours ago, pchiu said:

Thanks @logos122 for sharing!

However, to all folks, with 1600 Wh, we should get much more in term of distance right? On my ACM16 828Wh I could get something about 60 km.. So I guess 1600 should be about at least 110 km ? More over, with my riding backpack, I should be around 85 kg..

Or the MS3 PCB needs power consumption optimization ?

Me and @Donafello have been getting just shy of 100 km, with pretty aggressive riding (30+ kph). If you rode it slower and in warmer temperatures, you would prob get a better range.

Archived