This is Where I am Photo Thread Like Almost Right Now Sorta

:blink: <quickly switches on VPN, turns on TOR browser, and closes drapes! :ph34r:>

Nice detective work!  I wish I had access to those super secret spy satellites that can zoom in on the planet.  I'd be checking out all the popular nude beaches... just for research purposes of course.  :whistling:

Yep Moraine lake.  I went again a little earlier when there was better lighting.

916325_img2848.jpg

Here's Lake Louise.

272068_img2809.jpg

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:blink: <quickly switches on VPN, turns on TOR browser, and closes drapes! :ph34r:>

Nice detective work!  I wish I had access to those super secret spy satellites that can zoom in on the planet.  I've be checking out all the popular nude beaches... just for research purposes of course.  :whistling:

Yep Moraine lake.  I went again a little earlier when there was better lighting.

916325_img2848.jpg

Here's Lake Louise.

272068_img2809.jpg

Yeah, we have access to top secret mapping imagery. Don't tell anyone.... It's called Google Maps! :ph34r:

So pretty up there. Thanks for the photos.

I saw you went to Lake Louise but do me a favor, check under your rear fender for my GPS tracker. Battery is getting low. Chuck a new one in it please. Coverage is spotty when you go through the forests. :laughbounce2:

On 7/6/2017 at 9:17 PM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Hey that's a funny coincidence.  :huh:  I saw the exact same skinny fox walking around on the side of the highway except yours looks like he's got someone's purse in his mouth.  :lol:  Where are your photos taken at?

Wow, how about that! I don't know how the more outgoing foxes travel, this photo was taken in southern Finland a week ago. ?

Ps. I think it was just a big rat.

On 7/5/2017 at 11:27 PM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Moraine Lake - guy down there wouldn't move.  :furious:  Nothing that a good sized rock lobbed at the proper angle didn't solve.  :whistling:  He's not supposed to be over the rock wall in first place so fair game I say.  :innocent1:  There's dangers that people have to accept when they step outside the boundaries. :efef927839:

583236_img2776.jpg

Some kinda lake, too tired after hiking to remember the name :efeeda4ad8:... so I'll make it up - Three Toed Axolotyl Leg Lake.  Yep that's the name.  :innocent1:

343521_img2790.jpg

Again with the tourists over the fence :rolleyes: ... needed to find a lot more rocks... :w00t2:

Is that salamander lake?  And what's the deal with salamanders?  Salamanders just look like regular pets, except the spelling is very unusual.  And they are small aquatic lizards that can be put on dry land but it shortens their life span.

On 2017-07-07 at 5:38 AM, WARPed1701D said:

Yeah, we have access to top secret mapping imagery. Don't tell anyone.... It's called Google Maps! :ph34r:

So pretty up there. Thanks for the photos.

I saw you went to Lake Louise but do me a favor, check under your rear fender for my GPS tracker. Battery is getting low. Chuck a new one in it please. Coverage is spotty when you go through the forests. :laughbounce2:

:blink: <Quickly installs SpyMeSat, drives to undisclosed location, dowses car with gasoline, sets on fire, rides Ninebot home> :ph34r:

1 hour ago, steve454 said:

Is that salamander lake?  And what's the deal with salamanders?  Salamanders just look like regular pets, except the spelling is very unusual.  And they are small aquatic lizards that can be put on dry land but it shortens their life span.

No, no, that was Peyto Lake.  Thanks for the fun fact though.  :thumbup:

Columbia Icefield Glacier

825658_img2874.jpg

Skywalk - manmade bridge that juts outs over the valley with glass floors.

754192_img2911.jpg

Was not able to throw rocks to get people out of my way.  :(

275940_img2887.jpg

Since it didn't pan out after our ride, and because it's something you have to do while passing through the USA, I'm currently lunching at a Tilted Kilt while heading back to LAX...

But no-one really wants to see photos of that, do they? 

16 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Since it didn't pan out after our ride, and because it's something you have to do while passing through the USA, I'm currently lunching at a Tilted Kilt while heading back to LAX...

Oh, no,no,no,  Yes.

1 hour ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

:blink:  Uh, was that some sort of mind boggling, rhetorical question that needs to be asked?  Really?  :cheers::clap3: Let the unbridled, unfiltered, unadulterated photo posting begin!  :w00t2:  When does the live streaming begin???

Sorry for the delay, I had to drag myself away to get to LAX, downgrade my photos, and then find some WiFi to upload them.

This first one is just to show why we should have cheerleaders at every event...

tk2.jpg

And this one is especially for everyone on the ride last Saturday...

tk1.jpg

P.S... They are so much better in real life - a little jiggle makes such a difference!

2 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Enjoy!:)

O0btFV4.jpg

Quite quick with the Photoshop there @Rehab1 - however there is a collection of (as yet) unreleased photos that make the effort totally unnecessary... But thanks for the thought. 

Not having one with me, it took some time to explain what an EUC was (and there was no opportunity for any "hands on" coaching). But once they understood it all - particularly the part about me coming halfway around the world for a ride to finish at TK, and how everyone bailed early (and @Hunka Hunka Burning Love who didn't even show up) - after that they were up for all of the photos I wanted...

@Marty Backe - next time, include this in the agenda as a finishing point, and the heat won't put off anyone!

:dribble: Tilted Kilt... :dribble:<Homer Simpson drool> ... sorry could you repeat what you said I didn't read any of it.  I was unfortunately on vacation in the wilderness so I couldn't make it!  :innocent1:  Looks like you didn't really miss out on anything considering the nice company there!  Hey is that your Microsoft Surface?  :thumbup:

1 minute ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Hey is that your Microsoft Surface?  :thumbup:

Yep. .. I'm never washing it again! 

Actually, I was playing to see how much grunt it has, so was mucking around in Photoshop, and I realised how well this picture works too...

PSX_20170712_193057.jpg

26 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Quite quick with the Photoshop there @Rehab1 - however there is a collection of (as yet) unreleased photos that make the effort totally unnecessary... But thanks for the thought. 

Not having one with me, it took some time to explain what an EUC was (and there was no opportunity for any "hands on" coaching). But once they understood it all - particularly the part about me coming halfway around the world for a ride to finish at TK, and how everyone bailed early (and @Hunka Hunka Burning Love who didn't even show up) - after that they were up for all of the photos I wanted...

@Marty Backe - next time, include this in the agenda as a finishing point, and the heat won't put off anyone!

If only there had been a Tilted Kilt nearer where we were, but there wasn't :crying: Keep in mind that I did burn up my ACM while scouting a riding location near the Titled Kilt in Chino. So you can't fault me for trying.

On ‎15‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 3:23 PM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Rats... hit low power mode, now stuck at a bus stop waiting for a ride home.  :furious:  She does still go at limp speed... soooooOooooo slowly!693519_img2943.jpg

I gotta do me a @smallexis battery stash mod... these hills are killing my range!

I know your pain!

You should do what I did... Go to LA and check out your upgrade options. They have a great hosting  programme there!

On 15.7.2017 at 5:23 AM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Rats... hit low power mode, now stuck at a bus stop waiting for a ride home.  :furious:  She does still go at limp speed... soooooOooooo slowly!

I gotta do me a @smallexis battery stash mod... these hills are killing my range!

No matter how nice it looks, it's a Ninebot. How can you live with such little battery? (and speed?):P I did one loooong ride with my 1300Wh ACM and concluded that's not nearly enough.

@Hunka Hunka Burning Love                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          It looked like you were on low battery in this previous photo.  I had a feeling you were about to run out of battery.:P  The black side pads look good, you plastidipped them, right?895373_img2916.jpg

Actually those are stock side pads!  With the special edition they came in that colour.  I think Speedyfeet also sells them in black.  They hide scuff marks well,  not that I have any.  :whistling:

I definitely need to sign up for the SoCalEUC club meet and test ride program!   Meep it's not the size of your battery that matters, it's what you do with it!  B)  Jonathan Tolhurst would likely agree.

Unfortunately for now this Ninebot battery isn't cutting it!  I was considering getting a spare pack,  but they are about $265 USD.  It wouldn't help the 20 kph speed limit either.  :cry2:  20 kph is safe but a slow safe!   I checked the distance to BestBuy, and it was only 8.5 km so I figured well perfect!  I do 16 km all the time!  Sadly I did not factor in that it was 8.5 km mostly downhill so the uphill might have killed me.  I can do one way either way with no trouble.   No round trips for me.  :crying:

The Ninebot is just so cool looking. When I try to pick a different wheel all I see are black, matte black, and black.  The GT16 looks cool, but there's too much exposed wheel plus that sad rear fender is like a cheap after-thought.  Maybe KS16S is calling my name...

42 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Actually those are stock side pads!  With the special edition they came in that colour.  I think Speedyfeet also sells them in black.  They hide scuff marks well,  not that I have any.  :whistling:

I definitely need to sign up for the SoCalEUC club meet and test ride program!   Meep it's not the size of your battery that matters, it's what you do with it!  B)  Jonathan Tolhurst would likely agree.

Unfortunately for now this Ninebot battery isn't cutting it!  I was considering getting a spare pack,  but they are about $265 USD.  It wouldn't help the 20 kph speed limit either.  :cry2:  20 kph is safe but a slow safe!   I checked the distance to BestBuy, and it was only 8.5 km so I figured well perfect!  I do 16 km all the time!  Sadly I did not factor in that it was 8.5 km mostly downhill so the uphill might have killed me.  I can do one way either way with no trouble.   No round trips for me.  :crying:

The Ninebot is just so cool looking. When I try to pick a different wheel all I see are black, matte black, and black.  The GT16 looks cool, but there's too much exposed wheel plus that sad rear fender is like a cheap after-thought.  Maybe KS16S is calling my name...

If the paint is that important you can get whatever wheel you buy painted. The shells can be removed or the wheel masked. Don't let the paint stop you.

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

If the paint is that important you can get whatever wheel you buy painted.

A painted wheel looks good until you ride. If the primary color isn't the same as the underlying plastic it makes minor scrapes and bumps stand out all the more. Even just leaning it against a stone or concrete wall leaves marks. My first generic wheel was a really pretty blue with white plastic below it and it looks like a victim from the Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

On 7/14/2017 at 11:23 PM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Rats... hit low power mode, now stuck at a bus stop waiting for a ride home.  :furious:  She does still go at limp speed... soooooOooooo slowly!693519_img2943.jpg

Poor wheel is loosing it's Flame!lNmQu7f.jpg

Archived