This is Where I am Photo Thread Like Almost Right Now Sorta

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

@The Fat Unicyclist should share your fireplace with @Hunka Hunka Burning Love

Damn..... Keep that snow  in Canada and stop your cold fronts from invading Michigan! Do you have a place to ride indoors? I began riding in a small 25x 20 ft room last week. Not much fun but greatly increases your balance and learning to ride real slow.

Where is a picture of your NB Flame sitting on the snow covered bench? The contrast of the Flames's vivid colors against the snow would have awesome!

Share that fire and NZ weather!  Too cold to go outside to take photo...besides precious likes it inside where it's nice and warm on her pillow.  :innocent1:  I didn't have a chance to drain the battery down to 50% for storage... oh well maybe some Chinook weather will melt everything away to get in a quick roll sometime.  I don't have any space in the house, and I don't know of any indoor places that let you ride an electric unicycle around.  It's just cold sadness here in Canada.  Cold Sadness.  :crying:

1 hour ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Watching the start of some post-earthquake demolition...

Article on it here

Jabba will not be pleased!  So when are you going to post a nice summer ride video up of New Zealand on the Lhotz?  I'm sure a lot of us would like to see some of the lush countryside and sheepland you have down there.

27 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Jabba will not be pleased!  So when are you going to post a nice summer ride video up of New Zealand on the Lhotz?  I'm sure a lot of us would like to see some of the lush countryside and sheepland you have down there.

I still need to get me that video camera... Perhaps one will turn up for Christmas? 

On 12/4/2016 at 7:39 PM, Marty Backe said:

Unfortunately it didn't occur to me to pull out the phone until he was already up the hill.

I grew up in Chicago so I know winter well. I don't miss him.

I will eventually conquer that hill and make sure to post  the video. Even the most powerful wheels have limitations.My Acm has 1360Wh of batteries feeding a 1500W motor and still got stopped.But it is one helluva wheel! Prior to this hill,I lost it on another hill where the wheel got away from me and rolled down the hillside over 300 feet thru thick brushy terrain,across a road and then down another hillside.I would have never found it had I not heard the beep of the bluetooth connecting.This thing takes a licking and keeps on ticking!

12 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

At the missus' end of year work do...

Wishing I had brought my wheel, so I could be outside rolling around! 

Is that a bad thing? 

20161216_221018.jpg

Where is this night club?

4 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Where is this night club?

Not a night club... just an event centre that had a complete fit out for the occasion... apparently oil companies are well funded. 

3 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

My El Cheapo car died :crying:so I am driving a newer one.  In the Arctic apparently.  Oh look a polar bear!  Hell has frozen over as well from the look of it.

Gosh darn it Hunka! My car died as well! First you send me your darn frigid cold weather then you jinx me with your broken car:crying:I can't take it anymore!!

inx.jpg

5 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

My El Cheapo car died :crying:so I am driving a newer one.  In the Arctic apparently.  Oh look a polar bear!  Hell has frozen over as well from the look of it.

434e62537f.jpg

6500 rpm redline,sweet!  Your tripmeter looks very symmetricalB)  Or at least the numbers are all the same:huh:

ea7b7c8e7f.png

cheating a little. This was Calpe, Spain, yesterday. About 4 times bigger than Moraira but still beautiful. Yes, those are people sunbathing. About 2 miles of lovely smooth promenade to wheel along, and lots of nice restaurants. 

eadda8f57f.png

more cheating, but I forgot about this thread, and the boards a little quiet right now obvs. This Is the ferry from Ibiza, or Majorca coming into Denia harbour on Wednesday, at the tail end of a 4 day storm. The storm was over, but the waves kept coming. The top of that concrete block is about 15feet above the water. Some waves crashed another 10 feet higher than that with a terrific boom. Just getting out there to the end of the jetty was harrowing, as every now and then a wave would crash over the sea wall onto the path. The wild jetty cats were having a bad week. I rode my wheel out there because it takes forever to walk. I got her in the video. Here she is, just visible at the bottom of the picture 

eb2e29bdfd.png

On December 16, 2016 at 3:19 PM, Rehab1 said:

Gosh darn it Hunka! My car died as well! First you send me your darn frigid cold weather then you jinx me with your broken car:crying:I can't take it anymore!!

inx.jpg

Well, on the positive side, at least you can find your car.  I think this is mine. Maybe.  That's it - I'm moving to Spain.  Who's with me?

f16e72d80a.jpeg

3 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Well, on the positive side, at least you can find your car.  I think this is mine. Maybe.  That's it - I'm moving to Spain.  Who's with me?

f16e72d80a.jpeg

That is your new car? Bummer! Top Gear might loan you their snow melter! :)

IMG_0490.JPG

8 hours ago, steve454 said:

@Smoother the south of Spain looks like a great place for a winter vacation.

Nice photos, what camera did you use?

Thanks. Funny you should ask. The one of me was taken on a Motorola Moto G4.  It's a very good phone, with a great camera. And it cost less than£130.  The other two, Were screen captures from video I was shooting as I was wheeling along or standing( in the case of the ferry pics) from an iPhone 5. I really prefer the pictures from the Moto G4, and to think, it's really a phone, with a camera function, not a camera. it's brilliant.

@Hunka Hunka Burning Love

You're in luck. If you move out here, this one is for rent I believe. At least, that's what the bikini clad babe, sunbathing near it, told me.  I can't be sure though, because she was speaking Swedish. ?

f808a3f66f.jpeg 

merry christmas

Part of Denia sea front. Last week you couldn't walk where I am for the waves crashing over the promenade. In fact there was a line of seaweed, 3 feet high protecting the beach. It all been washed away now. Hard to believe now, It looks so inviting.

0d13725cfe.png

17 hours ago, Smoother said:

Part of Denia sea front. Last week you couldn't walk where I am for the waves crashing over the promenade. In fact there was a line of seaweed, 3 feet high protecting the beach. It all been washed away now. Hard to believe now, It looks so inviting.

0d13725cfe.png

It almost makes you want to veer to the left and jump in.

4 hours ago, steve454 said:

It almost makes you want to veer to the left and jump in.

I have the exact same thought, especially when I ride past places like this, along the coast between Calpe and Moraira yesterday 

205625757f.jpeg

unfortunately, the water is fricking ice cold.? It has to be late July or August before I enjoy being in the water ?? without a wetsuit 

Archived