This is Where I am Photo Thread Like Almost Right Now Sorta

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An awesome spring Sunday in Wellington, and there I was stuck halfway up a hill with a 100% charge...

So what option was there other than to go up to the top of the hill?  

PSX_20161120_100427.jpg

-41.2, 174.88, elev.  250m.

Screenshot_2016-11-20-09-32-56.png

I also attempted some analysis while rolling - see here... 

37 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Did some analysis on the way too... Will post and link back to it IF I get back down from this high!

That's a pretty lush view!  If they could only do away with the earthquakes it would be nice!  The view sort of reminds me of St. Thomas or St. John, USVI.  Do you have a boat?

1 hour ago, Smoother said:

Everyone says New Zealand is beautiful.  And they were right.

Thanks. It does have its moments / places - And while I definitely appreciate this view (one I get to wake up to every day), there are much prettier places...

When I get time, I want to ride around some of them and post some photos for you all!

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

That's a pretty lush view!  If they could only do away with the earthquakes it would be nice!

Do you have a boat?

Remember that it's spring here - everything is in full growth mode...  Including my lawn, which is the next task at hand.  :(

As for the earthquakes...  I think they make wheeling more fun - try riding a straight line during an aftershock.  And besides, if we stop them then we'll have to revoke our "Shaky Isles" status.

And, no. I don't have a boat - I'm waiting until they invent an electric-self-balancing-mono-skI! 

6 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Experimental helicopter rotor blades!

Bingo!! You are correct aviation accident investigator! They were from my 2001 crash.  The helicopter caught fire after my emergency autorotation/ hard landing and I had to put out the flames with a fire extinguisher before the gas tanks exploded! You can see the scorched areas. The rotor inertia is so great that when the blades hit the ground they delaminated and broke apart.

On 11/21/2016 at 6:54 AM, Smoother said:

@Rehab1 you shouldn't travel in helicopters, those things are freakin dangerous; too many moving parts needed to stay airborne .  Oh, but I guess you already know that.

LOL...actually helicopters are safer than airplanes! No need for a runway or smooth surface to land, just autorotate to the ground. Any landing you can walk away from is a good landing:P The 2 experimental helicopters I built ( one was an Oshkosh Grand Champ) bit me in the butt with engine failures but the commercial Enstrom and Bell 47 never caused any issues. 

2 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

LOL...actually helicopters are safer than airplanes! No need for a runway or smooth surface to land, just autorotate to the ground. Any landing you can walk away from is a good landing:P The 2 experimental helicopters I built ( one was an Oshkosh Grand Champ) bit me in the butt with engine failures but the commercial Enstrom and Bell 47 never caused any issues. 

Yeah, I've walked away from a few "good" landings myself. ???

Just autorotate to the ground? Into the ground more like.!

Did you forget you posted the results of one of your auto rotates just a few posts above.  Quit while you're still alive man, the universe is sending you a message. 

Ahhh! You'll never quit, it's in your blood. Oskosh grand champ! Nice! pile of twisted metal? Not so much. ?

9C here today, but with the wind chill my fingers and little Hunka are frozen.  And no I can't let it go, let it goooooo.... It's just too darn cold here!  Yet for November I shouldn't complain as there still is no snow... knock on wood.  Thank you global warming?

Where I was... fingers too cold to post outside...

a105cc79ee.jpeg

Even the animals want to ride my Ninebot!

a1075d249c.jpeg

On 11/26/2016 at 5:50 PM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

9C here today, but with the wind chill my fingers and little Hunka are frozen.  And no I can't let it go, let it goooooo.... It's just too darn cold here!  Yet for November I shouldn't complain as there still is no snow... knock on wood.  Thank you global warming?

Where I was... fingers too cold to post outside...

a105cc79ee.jpeg

Even the animals want to ride my Ninebot!

a1075d249c.jpeg

Love the rabbit pose!!

On 11/30/2016 at 2:30 AM, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Spending the week (wheel-less) in Christchurch, but finishing a hard day in the office in the best way possible...

15267584_1175412915881713_3048188619973877430_n.jpg

@The Fat Unicyclist should share your fireplace with @Hunka Hunka Burning Love

3 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Indoors thinking about how to attach a snowshoe, tire chains and/or ski to my Ninebot... :cry2:

4981385632.jpeg

Damn..... Keep that snow  in Canada and stop your cold fronts from invading Michigan! Do you have a place to ride indoors? I began riding in a small 25x 20 ft room last week. Not much fun but greatly increases your balance and learning to ride real slow.

Where is a picture of your NB Flame sitting on the snow covered bench? The contrast of the Flames's vivid colors against the snow would have awesome!

39 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Indoors thinking about how to attach a snowshoe, tire chains and/or ski to my Ninebot... :cry2:

4981385632.jpeg

Perhaps you just need to go to 18"...

This is how @jrkline and myself spent Sunday morning. After three failed attempts at climbing this very steep hill, Jeff had to give this one to the mountain. It was kind of cool day, only made it to the low 70's. See, it's not always warm in Southern California :roflmao:

30 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

This is how @jrkline and myself spent Sunday morning. After three failed attempts at climbing this very steep hill, Jeff had to give this one to the mountain. It was kind of cool day, only made it to the low 70's. See, it's now always warm in Southern California :roflmao:

Where is a video of Jeff's accent up the hill?

Cool day....lol...that is excellent weather! Try 32 degrees and snowing  right now. Jealous!! :crying:

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

Where is a video of Jeff's accent up the hill?

Cool day....lol...that is excellent weather! Try 32 degrees and snowing  right now. Jealous!! :crying:

Unfortunately it didn't occur to me to pull out the phone until he was already up the hill.

I grew up in Chicago so I know winter well. I don't miss him.

Archived