This is Where I am Photo Thread Like Almost Right Now Sorta

Okay I know there's a photo thread already, but I thought a fun thread might be to post up some "right now" photos of where ever you are or recently went.  This thread isn't for older photos where you have visited way in the past, but instead it is for more for photos of where you have been in the past hour or two or day or so.  Think of it as the Not-So-Instagrammy Photo Thread.  Photos should include your ride and/or yourself.  You can stop and post up a photo of where you are right this instant if you wish.  Extra points awarded for creativity.

Okay I will start it off... Cat tail pond

79aa95ea0f.jpeg

Hanging out at the playground

79ac62c52c.jpeg

Inverted pendulum on the pendulum

79ac8a29ec.jpeg

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

from Yellow Banks Groves gift show... LARGO, FL

http://www.yellowbanks.com/citrus/

A twisty cone of orange sherbet and vanilla ice cream

From yesterday.... Yummy

Of course it doesn't count because my wheel was at home

and..... this proves the old adage:

Those of us who cannot ride... MUST CONTINUE TO EAT

Screen Shot 2016-11-11 at 3.58.42 PM.png

18 minutes ago, steve454 said:

@Hunka Hunka Burning Love that's some trippy looking playground equipment, I almost had a flashback, not that I ever took anything like that.:blink1:

Yeah it was a busy playground too!  You can't imagine how hard it was to shoo all the kids away so I could get a nice, perfect shot without all those pesky little children around.  :rolleyes:  They scare easily though so no problem.

Plus that one mom just would not get her stinky toddler out of that swing!  I had to tell her to stop hogging it.  :furious:  Geez some people!  Then they get all "I'm gonna call the police on you" and stuff.   That's when I had to go push her stroller over before she would leave.  The nerve of some people!  They think they own the whoooole playground.  

Good thing that all my bullying skills I retained from childhood still come in handy.  And Mrs. Thornsby said I would amount to nothing.  Ha!  I own the playground now, Mrs. Thornsby!   I own it!  Write that down in my report card why dontcha.  :rolleyes:

@Greg Spalding :furious:  #jealous #Iwantsome #mailmesomerightnow

@Snurre :shock2:  It's like winter there already.  #notlookingforwardtosnow #tooslipperytoride9bot

@Hunka Hunka Burning Love did you use your tip about waving your arms wildly while yelling "watch out, I can't stop this thing"?:D

Thanks for that, by the way, it's cleared some trail hogging stroller moms for me a couple of times.  I mean seriously, TWO moms with strollers side by side are oblivious for Pete's sake, yakking about whatever, come on, make a hole, working man coming through.:lol:

Actually, I just turned around and went back the other way, I wussed out because I didn't know how to get around them gracefully without alarming them.:mellow:

8 hours ago, steve454 said:

@Hunka Hunka Burning Love

Hey, you probably already said, but I just noticed the black strip at the bottom edge of the pedal, what is that and is it to prevent scuffs on turning?

That's my SuperSport carbon fibre look landing strip.  :innocent1:  It's a piece of automotive decorative trim that I attached to protect the pedals from scrapes.  Yep, it works nicely!

7 hours ago, steve454 said:

@Hunka Hunka Burning Love did you use your tip about waving your arms wildly while yelling "watch out, I can't stop this thing"?:D

That does work well, but I try to save that for special circumstances!   About the pushing of strollers over, I wouldn't recommend doing that while a baby is in the stroller :blink:  or in any other situation generally ;)   Maybe get one of those bicycle bells and attach it to a belt loop or zipper loop.  Works well!

16 minutes ago, MaxLinux said:

Every time I see that Flamebot I think it's one of the coolest designs ever!

flamebot.jpg

The problem is, if the batteries ever ignite, no one will even notice for the first 5 minutes...

Tomorrow!  :o  Whoa that was fast.  You NZers move swiftly!  And everything is so green!  November here is usually snowy and brown, but luckily we've hit unseasonably warm weather lately so it's still like summer!  Except for the short days.  :rolleyes:

@MaxLinux - it's funny I didn't like the look of the Flamebot when I first saw it, but it really grew on me and looks even better in person!  I had one guy say "That's beautiful!" as I rolled by.  I think he was talking about my wheel or maybe he had some weird shoe fetish.  ^_^  Hard to say.  I'm hoping the former!  The custom graphics on my wheel definitely are different and make it stand out a bit from the usual black and white ones. 

I really like the industrial, futuristic look of the Lhotz as well.  That metal handle looks sturdy and purpose built although I'd hate to hold it during colder weather... A nice rubberized or foam covering would have been a nice touch.  The LED's are subtle and that triangular warning symbol makes the wheel look like it should be used during a Zombie Apocalypse!  The pedal design is quite unique as well.

4 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Tomorrow!  :o  Whoa that was fast.  You NZers move swiftly!  And everything is so green!  

Remember that it's spring down here. 

And yes - we are definitely just getting in with it. I'll update tomorrow, hopefully with positive news. 

7 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I had one guy say "That's beautiful!" as I rolled by.  I think he was talking about my wheel or maybe he had some weird shoe fetish.  ^_^ 

Which way did you pass him? If he said it from behind, he may have been talking about something a couple of feet higher.  :blink1:

26 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I am dying a little inside.... 

Don't worry... I'll save you...

1. Turn the volume on your phone all the way up
  2. Play this MP3
  3. Point to the person next to you

Sorry. Only just seen this thread. Went out and took these almost stormy photos.  But as they say in surfing "you shoulda been here yesterday " because it was wall to wall sunshine.  Any hoo:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Sorry. Forgot to say, this is Catelldefels beach, or Platja Castelldefels in  Catalonian, Catalunya/Catalonia, Spain. 30 km south of Barcelona.  Lionel Messi and Ronaldo (sp?) have houses here.  The beach is pure sand, no rocks, about 100 yards wide and stretches for miles. I walked across the street to take these shots.

image.jpg

4 hours ago, Snurre said:

A little something to shake you up and keep you awake, @Hunka Hunka Burning Love.:w00t2:

:thumbup::dribble: Not sleepy any more, but now I got a problem in my pants... Need to remain seated for a while... It's like bad memories of grade 5 all over again!  :rolleyes:

@Smoother aw man those are nice shots of the coastal area.  I'll take plus 10-12 C any day over this - 4 C weather... :(

Archived