Hunka Hunka Burning Love

This is Where I am Photo Thread Like Almost Right Now Sorta

138 posts in this topic

@Hunka Hunka Burning Love that's some trippy looking playground equipment, I almost had a flashback, not that I ever took anything like that.:blink1:

Hey, you probably already said, but I just noticed the black strip at the bottom edge of the pedal, what is that and is it to prevent scuffs on turning?

Edited by steve454

@Snurre how can there be that much snow and not look cold?  I guess you get used to it:huh:  Good photo!

8 hours ago, steve454 said:

@Hunka Hunka Burning Love

Hey, you probably already said, but I just noticed the black strip at the bottom edge of the pedal, what is that and is it to prevent scuffs on turning?

That's my SuperSport carbon fibre look landing strip.  :innocent1:  It's a piece of automotive decorative trim that I attached to protect the pedals from scrapes.  Yep, it works nicely!

7 hours ago, steve454 said:

@Hunka Hunka Burning Love did you use your tip about waving your arms wildly while yelling "watch out, I can't stop this thing"?:D

That does work well, but I try to save that for special circumstances!   About the pushing of strollers over, I wouldn't recommend doing that while a baby is in the stroller :blink:  or in any other situation generally ;)   Maybe get one of those bicycle bells and attach it to a belt loop or zipper loop.  Works well!

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love

6 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Okay I will start it off... Cat tail pond

Every time I see that Flamebot I think it's one of the coolest designs ever!

flamebot.jpg

Edited by MaxLinux

16 minutes ago, MaxLinux said:

Every time I see that Flamebot I think it's one of the coolest designs ever!

flamebot.jpg

The problem is, if the batteries ever ignite, no one will even notice for the first 5 minutes...

Test ride of my recalibrated Lhotz, prior to tomorrow's historical (?) LPV workshop.

I didn't realise how far from 0° it was, and now it's even more awesome to ride! 

PSX_20161113_200728.jpg

Tomorrow!  :o  Whoa that was fast.  You NZers move swiftly!  And everything is so green!  November here is usually snowy and brown, but luckily we've hit unseasonably warm weather lately so it's still like summer!  Except for the short days.  :rolleyes:

@MaxLinux - it's funny I didn't like the look of the Flamebot when I first saw it, but it really grew on me and looks even better in person!  I had one guy say "That's beautiful!" as I rolled by.  I think he was talking about my wheel or maybe he had some weird shoe fetish.  ^_^  Hard to say.  I'm hoping the former!  The custom graphics on my wheel definitely are different and make it stand out a bit from the usual black and white ones. 

I really like the industrial, futuristic look of the Lhotz as well.  That metal handle looks sturdy and purpose built although I'd hate to hold it during colder weather... A nice rubberized or foam covering would have been a nice touch.  The LED's are subtle and that triangular warning symbol makes the wheel look like it should be used during a Zombie Apocalypse!  The pedal design is quite unique as well.

4 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Tomorrow!  :o  Whoa that was fast.  You NZers move swiftly!  And everything is so green!  

Remember that it's spring down here. 

And yes - we are definitely just getting in with it. I'll update tomorrow, hopefully with positive news. 

7 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I had one guy say "That's beautiful!" as I rolled by.  I think he was talking about my wheel or maybe he had some weird shoe fetish.  ^_^ 

Which way did you pass him? If he said it from behind, he may have been talking about something a couple of feet higher.  :blink1:

:blink:  No no it was definitely from the front.  And he was looking at the wheel.  :furious:

I sorta know how women feel like now.  :rolleyes:  Hullo?  My eyes are up here?  :unsure:

1378109_646312632065671_1234809636_n.jpg

I am dying a little inside.... :yawn:.... :sleep1: Well at least they got some new chandeliers and glittery stuff to look at....

f6479cf314.jpeg

26 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I am dying a little inside.... 

Don't worry... I'll save you...

1. Turn the volume on your phone all the way up
  2. Play this MP3
  3. Point to the person next to you

:roflmao: No one else wanting to post a ride photo up?  :yawn:

I am close to this plug....hmmm wonder what happens if it gets accidentally unplugged.... :whistling:

f77d0c9cb4.jpeg

Sorry. Only just seen this thread. Went out and took these almost stormy photos.  But as they say in surfing "you shoulda been here yesterday " because it was wall to wall sunshine.  Any hoo:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Sorry. Forgot to say, this is Catelldefels beach, or Platja Castelldefels in  Catalonian, Catalunya/Catalonia, Spain. 30 km south of Barcelona.  Lionel Messi and Ronaldo (sp?) have houses here.  The beach is pure sand, no rocks, about 100 yards wide and stretches for miles. I walked across the street to take these shots.

image.jpg

Edited by Smoother

4 hours ago, Snurre said:

A little something to shake you up and keep you awake, @Hunka Hunka Burning Love.:w00t2:

:thumbup::dribble: Not sleepy any more, but now I got a problem in my pants... Need to remain seated for a while... It's like bad memories of grade 5 all over again!  :rolleyes:

@Smoother aw man those are nice shots of the coastal area.  I'll take plus 10-12 C any day over this - 4 C weather... :(

6 minutes ago, Smoother said:

Woke me up too. I LOVE that music.?

There was music???

I must have momentarily slipped into a fugue state...