RockWheel GT16

Chronic

Korea launching name: RockWheel Iron 16

Samples as arrived to obtain Korea accreditation.

Specification information

Battery full charge voltage 84V

3.7V * 20S = 74V

74V * 2.9A = 214.6Wh * 4P

Total = 858Wh Battery

Motor power: Nominal: 2000W / Peak: 3000W

dual charger port

foothold suspension

Idle speed 60 km/h

Front light 12 volt / Rear light 5 volt

Brake lamp mounting

Water guard

632Ud015be2rqy3ai2em_qwe24x.jpg

BandPhoto_2016_10_27_14_44_56.jpg

7beUd0153xywkm6xdngi_myk7u7.jpg

8i6Ud015avghm2ouwvgn_4r3qr5.jpg

9jeUd0151of56atw7qsfm_p1ott0.jpg

7beUd0158sm70b7mlfy8_af7pcn.jpg

8j4Ud0151w2yahdj1du8v_afwy4q.jpg

9jeUd0151of56atw7qsfm_p1ott0.jpg

gieUd015fv36k7qfo4mj_ltgqzv.jpg

eibUd015ej0ql2wivo1b_iptikq.jpg

03gUd0151v231b3zpdhy6_pbom38.jpg

4j8Ud0151xfu41b2fqs69_n7pmf6.jpg

61cUd015920gyj8yrf1f_11rk1.jpg

Nice pix!  :w00t2:  Did you get a chance to ride it?  What did you think of it in comparison to your V3?  Good to see people riding all properly decked out in protective gear.  A common newb mistake is to think you won't fall off an electric unicycle.

And oh, it has a slide out fender (water guard)???  :blink:  You can see it in a couple of the photos, but there looks to be very little clearance with the tire.  Could this rub against it posing a problem?  Also in one photo the case fitment appears a little off as if the pieces don't precisely fit together?  Could this be a plastic cooling warpage problem during manufacture?

The dual charging feature is convenient.  Gotway should do this with some of their larger battery units for speedier charging.  I wonder whether those shell vents next to the headlight are functional and help air cool the control board or if they are just for show.  Do you know how waterproof the GT16 is?

37 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Nice pix!  :w00t2:  Did you get a chance to ride it?  What did you think of it in comparison to your V3?  Good to see people riding all properly decked out in protective gear.  A common newb mistake is to think you won't fall off an electric unicycle.

And oh, it has a slide out fender???  :blink:

I'm not chance to ride it. The area is too far away.:crying:

We think safety is important. Also, wear protective gear.:thumbup:

I'm very pro wheeler!!:D

fgjUd015e7xxvggf4ah_leql45.jpg

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

And oh, it has a slide out fender (water guard)???  :blink:  You can see it in a couple of the photos, but there looks to be very little clearance with the tire.  Could this rub against it posing a problem?  Also in one photo the case fitment appears a little off as if the pieces don't precisely fit together?  Could this be a plastic cooling warpage problem during manufacture?

The dual charging feature is convenient.  Gotway should do this with some of their larger battery units for speedier charging.  I wonder whether those shell vents next to the headlight are functional and help air cool the control board or if they are just for show.  Do you know how waterproof the GT16 is?

This is a test sample.

It will improve the official release.

Air-cooled cooling system.

Wow that guy is riding the tiltback like a boss.  Did you see how tilted back the pedals were?  :shock2:  If this GT16 (did they change it to RW16?) performs as good as it looks I think they will have a real winner on their hands.  The shell though looks like it could be a limiting factor for those seeking the most watt hours.  The boxy MSuper designs aren't as stylistic, but they do have oodles of battery room inside...

EDIT: Well he is the boss so that kinda explains riding like a boss... ;)

Watched the video.  Riding the tilt back at high speed is as stupid as riding a Segway on a cliff top.  And did you see that m3 bounce all over the place when rider 3 came off?  Now imagine if there had been a group of kids there!   40 + pounds of machine hurtle at you shins or striking you from behind! yikes!! Yeah, I know there weren't any kids,  but we've all seen vids of people wheeling at insane speeds , inches from pedestrians and traffic.  Is it any wonder that bans are descending  like nightfall, all over the world?

All I could really notice about that video were all the horrible bouncing / scraping noises as that poor MS3 was pushed beyond its limits and crashed. And they really sent that one flying...

I guess only time will tell how ridiculous the speeds of new wheels are going to be. Personally, if I want to go at 50 mph + I'll just take the car :)

CBR

They probably scouted out a safe straightaway for that speed test.  At least it's the company who is doing the testing rather than the customers!  If the boss is confident enough to ride the tiltback like that (and risk a cutoff), hopefully they have done something to make their wheel safer than others that drop the rider?  Maybe the tiltback is extreme enough that it is physically impossible to tilt forwards more to increase the speed?   It would have been nice to see the full race or have some views from a "chaser" EUC filming them...

I wonder how fast the GT16 was going to get that much of a lead as it must have been over 40-45 KPH I'm guessing if the MSuper experienced a faceplant?  It would be nice to get some radar trap speeds or GPS readings...

For me, I wouldn't mind a EUC that is capable of going 60 KPH, but I would never personally go that fast on one wheel without a seat belt and airbags and a crash cage!  I just like having some extra reserve speed and power available for acceleration and hills if needed.  Since our wheels need that extra oomph to keep us safe, the more the better I think. 

44.75 KPH was the highest I saw before his phone blanked out.   From the first video, it looks like "The Boss" is a pretty slim guy so I'm guessing maybe 140 pounds?  Some people don't want a 50 pound wheel to lug around so a nice, fast 16" option that can compete in terms of speed is very attractive.  If the price and build quality is good I can see this capturing a good part of the market as other 16" wheels tend to top out at about 30 KPH?  It might be a good all rounder for commutes and carrying up flights of stairs when getting off the subway.  Too bad it doesn't have a built-in trolley handle and that electric motor noise... pretty whiney!

7 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Too bad it doesn't have a built-in trolley handle and that electric motor noise... pretty whiney!

Are you telling me you DON'T want to sound like a Tie Fighter as you fly past ?

• 3 months later...
On 11/1/2016 at 3:53 AM, ydevl4b said:

foothold suspension

... You mean... seriously ? That would be just amazing. However I'm wondering if it would be tough enough to sustain against all the bumps during the life of a EUC.

1 hour ago, PriestHood said:

There will never be suspension on these wheels. Shock absorption yes. But never suspension. It will bounce you off your wheel and send you flying!

No, no, I don't need ANY help doing that, thank you very much. One more low level flight and I'll have to start wearing my underpants on the outside like all good flying super heroes, and Gonzo, of course.

2 hours ago, PriestHood said:

There will never be suspension on these wheels. Shock absorption yes. But never suspension. It will bounce you off your wheel and send you flying!

When I use the word suspension I usually mean a system that includes spring(s) and damping. I wouldn't know a better word for it, but I am happy to learn, non-native speaker here. Suspension in this sense is standard technology, invariably includes damping and usually doesn't bounce the payload off the carrier.

This really looks like a good wheel.

I'd definitely buy this one before a Gotway ACM, as it is nicer, (same/more powerful?) and cheaper!

If my IPS Xima breaks down tomorrow and has no solution (which I hope won't happen) I'd pretty sure order one of these, unless IPS suddenly releases a new one I like better.

Looking forward to see more reviews/news about the GT16!

I'm just wondering - when they say, 'Suspension', could they mean something like a side-stand as on a motorcycle?

I think I saw a video of the GT16  going round in circles in one place while leaning slightly to one side....

I also would really like some shock-absorbing mechanism on a wheel.  I think it goes for my lower back if I've been doing a lot of bumpy surfaces.

On 2017-3-1 at 0:19 AM, Blackwheel Jack said:

I also would really like some shock-absorbing mechanism on a wheel.

Pneumatic tires are pretty damn good in doing exactly that. 

I think it goes for my lower back if I've been doing a lot of bumpy surfaces.

for the time being you will have to do it with your knees and quadriceps.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived