KingSong KS 16S

Blunzn

10 hours ago, May said:

Well, I stated ~35 km/h... According to the app my max speed was over 36. (This means I had to lean against the tiltback). GPS was showing around 34.

By the way as far as I see the app lets you change the max speed up to 40. I just don't want to set it beyond 35. 

Set the "3 beep" setting to 35kph and the "4 beep" setting to 40kph.  That way it should beep at the max speed you don't want to go over but you won't encounter tiltback. 

I set my KS18B to 37kph at "3 beeps" and 40kph at "4 beeps".  Every now and then I'd get the tiltback.  The first time I encountered tiltback, it was sudden and not gradual. Scared the heck out of me (happened going down a gradual hill). 

Allen

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 06/03/2017 at 0:23 AM, May said:

Just received my brand new KS-16S. 1200W, 840 Wh Sanyo battery. Firmware: 1.00

Weight question solved: It is exactly 17.3 kg

Pedals are nice with good grip.

There is a bit of a problem, however... The wheel does not work right: constantly beeps (once about every two seconds), four red lights are lit and the serial number is not show on the app.

I'm a bit unhappy...

IMG_0848.JPG

IMG_0847.JPG

IMG_0845.PNG

IMG_0846.JPG

If no cerial number not showing on the app is the only problem then ya laughing. Better than having to re do the plugs like with the gotway v3

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 9:14 AM, May said:

I had some longer rides this weekend: Overall about 60 Km in two days. Again, I only have experience with one other wheel, the IPS T350/121, and in comparison the KS-16S feels very stable. I have been mainly using the play mode and compared to the T350 the KS-16S feels extremely "stiff" meaning that the pedals remain quite level even during acceleration and deceleration. I would say that the learning mode of the KS-16S is still stiffer than the "sport" mode of the T350. It takes some getting used to but then it actually gives a better riding experience.

I have tried to push the wheel a bit. I was able to go ~35 km/h sustained even against some head-wind without problem. I climbed a small but steep hill - you had to really push on your toes but it managed to climb up. I also tried to check power usage during quick acceleration: I managed to go up to ~1100 W on the live readout. It felt already pretty decent acceleration and apparently there is room for more.

The grip tape on the pedals work really good. It doesn't feel slippery at all - is actually hard to adjust your feet while standing on the wheel. There is a piece of foam on both pedals. I'm not sure what the idea is but those feel a bit strange. Also they get squashed pretty quickly. The pedals are a bit higher than on the T350. The difference is not much but it is important: The wheels don't touch the ground even during very tight turns. One more note: The pedals seem very light - almost too light (and fragile). I hope they prove to be strong enough... 

I have two small issues:

1. I had some problem with the level calibration. After the first attempt the wheel seemed to lose the level setting after usage. It turned out, however, that it was probably my fault. I checked a calibration guideline on this forum and on the second day I paid special attention to keep the wheel perfectly vertical during calibration. After this the wheel feels OK now.
  2. There is a quite significant difference in the wheel's speed meter versus GPS speed measurement. I tested it on completely straight and level road and it seems that the wheel shows 5-10% higher speed than GPS. It is not a major issue but it means that warnings and tilt-back kick in a bit earlier than they should.

Unfortunately issue #1 I mentioned about level calibration of the KS16S is still there. It seems that the level setting of the wheel is not stable :(

A week ago I set the pedals perfectly horizontal (Note that I paid special attention to keep the wheel itself perfectly vertical during calibration). Now I checked again and the pedal was almost at 3 degrees. Then I moved the wheel back and forth a bit and took the second picture (about a minute after the first one). Now the pedal was at 0.7 degrees.

By the way I started these measurements because I can also feel during riding changes in  the level and it is a really weird (bad) feeling

IMG_0881.JPG

IMG_0882.JPG

2 hours ago, May said:

Unfortunately issue #1 I mentioned about level calibration of the KS16S is still there. It seems that the level setting of the wheel is not stable :(

A week ago I set the pedals perfectly horizontal (Note that I paid special attention to keep the wheel itself perfectly vertical during calibration). Now I checked again and the pedal was almost at 3 degrees. Then I moved the wheel back and forth a bit and took the second picture (about a minute after the first one). Now the pedal was at 0.7 degrees.

By the way I started these measurements because I can also feel during riding changes in  the level and it is a really weird (bad) feeling

IMG_0881.JPG

IMG_0882.JPG

What app are using ?

i use the iPhone compass app that's included in iOS and it repeats on my KS18B with firmware v1.25. 

Allen

On March 6, 2017 at 5:45 AM, May said:

I got the KS-16S fixed today. Apparently the serial number was not set at the factory. Kingsong guys helped me to set it.

I tried the wheel and it feels very stable and powerful in comparison with my IPS 121/T350. I never tried the previous Kingsong KS-16 so I cannot compare to that.

Note that the speed unlock works

IMG_0852 (1).JPG

I just recieved my 16S too. I have the 4 LED light and beeps just like you. What number did you call for support? The only US support number listed in the app is for a guy in South Carolina that has never heard of an electric unicycle. I predict that poor guy is going to be pissed. 

6 hours ago, Trucktent said:

The only US support number listed in the app is for a guy in South Carolina that has never heard of an electric unicycle. I predict that poor guy is going to be pissed. 

Wat? :roflmao:

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 1:32 PM, abinder3 said:

What app are using ?

i use the iPhone compass app that's included in iOS and it repeats on my KS18B with firmware v1.25. 

Allen

I use iHandy Level

18 hours ago, Trucktent said:

I just recieved my 16S too. I have the 4 LED light and beeps just like you. What number did you call for support? The only US support number listed in the app is for a guy in South Carolina that has never heard of an electric unicycle. I predict that poor guy is going to be pissed. 

I contacted Kingsong directly. flora@szkingsong.com

If you have WeChat (you can download it from the App Store, it is a WhatsApp type of application) then you get response from them faster.

• 4 weeks later...
On 20/02/2017 at 10:24 AM, dalewalker said:

I haven't noticed any speed difference when the battery's low on my ks14d. Pretty sure I can do 30km/h until the point it tilts right back. Haven't been able to check via the app as my phones crap and I can't connect it to my wheel but it hasn't felt any slower at low battery

I stupidly did a firmware update and now i get this tilting back when the batterys lower and i HATE it! It should be a removable feature gor experienced riders. Its more likely to cause a crash and drain the battery quicker when it unexpectedly rocks back and forth on you when your turning a corner or even on the straight. I understand its put in place for the safety of the rider but i was more than capable of not crashing before i started getting this feature and i want it to go back yo the way it was before i did the firmware update.

Dont get me wrong, i think kingsong are the best brand on the market at the moment and probably the safest but i ride ALOT (1000km my first month with ks14d) and my battery is 420wh. I dont want to be riding at airwheel speed when i get where im going.

I just have to hope kingsong makes it so we can remove it so i can enjoy it as much as i did before the firmware update

Archived