King Song KS-14D

John Eucist

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I learned from Thomas Hoon on Facebook. (who has ridden it)

- pedals are higher (like the V5F/D) but they are planning to lower it before release (no idea why they would lower it... I bought the Inmotion V5D and V8 because of the higher pedals)
- ride mode is harder and better at climbing inclines than previous ks14
- overheat issue resolved (compared to previous ks14)

Is the diagonal handle pretty ergonomic?  I can understand carrying on the design cues from their nice KS16 while borrowing from the InMotion V5F and Ninebot, but with a couple of simple changes it could have a top handle that is straight instead of diagonal.   I guess rolling it with the handle is fine, but carrying it might be a different story?

Thank you @John Eucist

if i was starting all over again, id go for a smaller battery lighter 14" like this one, plus get a work horse 16" with a large battery size (800wh or so) and a super large distance cruiser like msuper 1600wh. But beggars cant be choosers :( 

nice specs, good looks, and the right approach - smaller battery, lighter wheel. Now their product line makes much mire sense.

a couple of things need clarification:

1. Is there 2 speakers or 4? 2 -5w speakers ( like in ks16) are not loud enough 

2. Low battery protection at 40% ? What does this mean? Reduced max speed or alerts?

3. Some of the sound alerts might be a bit too annoying . Need to know when they kick in. I think most would agree - they dont want their wheel talking to them much :) especialy hello kingsong...or, as listed " be caution" :) 

Just now, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

Is the diagonal handle pretty ergonomic?  I can understand carrying on the design cues from their nice KS16 while borrowing from the InMotion V5F and Ninebot, but with a couple of simple changes it could have a top handle that is straight instead of diagonal.   I guess rolling it with the handle is fine, but carrying it might be a different story?

Based on my experience with KS16 the diagonal handle works great.  But on some units (I had 2) one of them kinda gets stuck when I try to pull it.  I was told this has been fixed.

6 minutes ago, John Eucist said:

What I learned from Thomas Hoon on Facebook. (who has ridden it)

- pedals are higher (like the V5F/D) but they are planning to lower it before release (no idea why they would lower it... I bought the Inmotion V5D and V8 because of the higher pedals)
- ride mode is harder and better at climbing inclines than previous ks14
- overheat issue resolved (compared to previous ks14)

Lowering the pedals? Probably not such a good thing

harder riding mode? Yess that would be great!! 

1 minute ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

The handle on ks16 is not bad...that is unless you are lefthanded....

3 minutes ago, Cloud said:

1. Is there 2 speakers or 4? 2 -5w speakers ( like in ks16) are not loud enough 

2. Low battery protection at 40% ? What does this mean? Reduced max speed or alerts?

3. Some of the sound alerts might be a bit too annoying . Need to know when they kick in. I think most would agree - they dont want their wheel talking to them much :) especialy hello kingsong...or, as listed " be caution" :) 

1. I was told 4
2. No idea
3. No idea

@tinawong say something. :P 
or maybe @Jason McNeil

Why don't you sell one of your wheels and get the new KS14 @Cloud?  There must be a market for these in NYC?

I dont want to be sued for selling them the wheel when someone breaks their neck

3 minutes ago, Cloud said:

I dont want to be sued for selling them the wheel when someone breaks their neck

Yeah that's my concern too.  I'm not sure selling them is worth the liability risk (although I have sold many in the past).  But I can't really just throw them away either.

Just now, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

Maybe have them sign a disclaimer saying as is where is buyer beware seller assumes no further responsibilities.  People must sell electric skateboards, troubled cars, sketchy motorcycles, etc?

Disclaimer can only protect to a certain extent.

cars and motorcycles is a different story - peopke know what they are. Peopke understand associated risks

1 minute ago, John Eucist said:

Yeah that's my concern too.  I'm not sure selling them is worth the liability risk (although I have sold many in the past).  But I can't really just throw them away either.

This is why i think i will be stuck with all the wheels i ever buy :) unfortunately :( 

Many people do cash only sales on sites like Kijiji / Craigslist?  Meet at x location, bring goods, exchange money, never see the other again.  I've bought Xboxes from people I don't know.  These EUCs aren't registered and have no serial number.  But I guess if you want to transfer warranty it might be traceable...

I don't see why a well written contract with informed consent wouldn't work.  I'm no lawyer, but I would think the document would be something they have to somehow fight against to get to you.  Are those private sales on the forum people who are taking a huge risk?

4 minutes ago, John Eucist said:

But then you'd be accumulating lithium TNT.  (another concern of mine)

I know right?) its like being between the rock and the hard place...maybe i could gift them to someone...

Many people do cash only sales on sites like Kijiji / Craigslist?  Meet at x location, bring goods, exchange money, never see the other again.  I've bought Xboxes from people I don't know.  These EUCs aren't registered and have no serial number.  But I guess if you want to transfer warranty it might be traceable...

I don't see why a well written contract with informed consent wouldn't work.  I'm no lawyer, but I would think the document would be something they have to somehow fight against to get to you.

Craigslist still keeps the info, and besides, noone would meet up without getting the phone number first. Especially if there is a contract involved, there will be an exchange of personal info. Contract can help but its not a guarantee. The contract will only be taken into account in court but it is not a guarantee of protection. You can still be sued and you could lose under certain circumstances... Not sure its worth the risk

So if I buy a used car or motorcycle, and I don't understand how to drive, know squat about them , and don't have it inspected first I can sue the seller if it blows up later on or crashes due to a mechanical fault?  I would think that's an uphill battle even with a good lawyer.  I don't know the States though as it's lawyerland down there.

@Rehab1 how the heck did you sell your helicopters?

31 minutes ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

So if I buy a used car or motorcycle, and I don't understand how to drive, know squat about them , and don't have it inspected first I can sue the seller if it blows up later on or crashes due to a mechanical fault?  I would think that's an uphill battle even with a good lawyer.  I don't know the States though as it's lawyerland down there.

@Rehab1 how the heck did you sell your helicopters?

In the US you can sue anyone for anything. Doesnt mean you will win the case though.

if you buy a car and crash it without having insoected it and not knowing how to drive - noone will take you seriously in court - as everyone knows what a car is and that you need to learn to drive to drive it, and its illegal to drive it without license. Euc is a different story.

there is too much heat here right now with the exploding hoverboards etc. i doubt the media and the court will be on your sude should something happen...

Width is 400mm?  Must be a wrong spec.  It looks like the body is thicker than the V5F.  But the higher power is a good thing.  Although a small improvement to existing eucs, it is good to see that 14 inch is not ignored by the market.  

4 minutes ago, hyiu00 said:

Width is 400mm?  Must be a wrong spec.  It looks like the body is thicker than the V5F.  But the higher power is a good thing.  Although a small improvement to existing eucs, it is good to see that 14 inch is not ignored by the market.  

Maybe with the pedals infolded..

Archived