MSuper V3 Mods

SuperSport

Hi Everyone!  As the proud new owner of an 820Wh MSuper V3 (Purchased from www.Tec-Toyz.com), I wanted to start a thread dedicated to Mods to the V3.  Please add anything you've done and I'll do the same as I go along.

I'll start off with my Carbon Fiber Side Panels.  I'll also be wrapping around the headlight and switches too, but I won't have time till after this weekend.

Planned Mods:

Carbon Fiber Touches (Covering the Red Areas) - Decided to Paint Flat Black.  Much Better!

Thinning of the Side Pads.  Maybe about 1/4" thinner on each side. - (After Riding More, Decided NOT to do this)

Brighter Headlight - Done

Mud Flap - Done

Maybe some Special Effect LED's ??

Parking Stand while stopped for Coffee, etc. - Updated Bumpers!  Works great now!

Change Pedal Positions for More Support - Done!

EL Lighting - Done!

More Secretive Ideas still coming... ;)

Stay Tuned!!!!

Carbon Fiber Vinyl to replace the Blueish pads.

IMG_0161.JPG

LED Headlight Upgrade:

Mud Flap:

IMG_0146.jpg

IMG_0161.JPG

Parking Stand (Updated!): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DPH8VM4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

IMG_0733.jpg

IMG_0735.jpg

IMG_0734.jpg

IMG_2122.JPG

IMG_0543.JPG

IMG_0546.JPG

Added Electric Blue Pinstripe:

X6S-yYaJmBtVv3fWDnoj3zhFfxRwjUmtqDe45NjyejqgmP2ZN6bdn-7rfaxhnUBnPvvg3GFXuSPpgnfMJNRbS5QMamoqvFy8kFygDsIfQXm0Dm-EN4J2mmqr2844bCVUoycP77uBDIJOhXlamCP6jBN0EBXZ-yzLXFE6P9yERH3obB1gULcJHk2zor7VYVZ_FZF9B0tDQLYqP-2RxHxK95pbzYSq6DZ-tP1bpJBMJTsnqQelC94JlyzdnBpwcICyyFRpnl5UhpqEdd6B9stnfB4M3vs2xPbSEIet8OiRbiN3jozKRED3OVS7VF3nmJ_I0SUnTdmWnLP4RYl1nZ6Fi8rfwJl3_nAGKNQXIvCQuU_V3zIN86fVoyNTK1PgFpN9CH3SjXfFjcTV1zYQoZUd-iBl6BKzUpdSOSBLTGStI4sVE5pwBZ7uk6QVlh9wFqVRvBBDT3TaifHn-rE1hninoWHlIakLImWGyRNzqmy4QQO_LrMsrJF7wkdT5888OWfFwD1262o-t4xitBChFNyCfcy3teLJuCCdLkU2mowiGdSFy1U9P87YGZDow0pKdkT7rj1p0YM7FqJT_6aoVSn90Eog4_XaHPgvhDHYAP4zFzup5VEJQ77CPw=w1242-h926-no

EL_Lights.jpg

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@EU GUY - It's a great wheel.  It's the SUV of wheels.  Very comfortable and very strong, but not sporty.  Also very fast!  I haven't tested out the top speed yet either, only 18 mph so far.  I'm trying to avoid that because I don't want to get hurt.  I have not ridden it any distance yet (Only has 19 total miles on the wheel today), but I'm anxious to do so.  It's supposed to be very comfortable long distance.

I'm able to do turns about as tight as on the NineBot, just not as quickly.  I can turn around in a 1 foot circle no problem.  You just notice the weight is different, and the larger tire might play a small part in that, although, I really like the larger, fatter, tire.  I've been waiting for someone to put wide tires on these.

By my comparison, V3 has 8% more top speed than V2 high speed version, and has 15% more torque at low speed than V2 MS version.

So far, I've modified my V3/820Wh for 
 - pedal extension
 - pedal up swing 
 - cut of lower edge of the right case/shell for more comfort tire inflation, 
 - add an internal fan(5V 1W), 
 - add a precision current sensor(max 80A), 
 - add 410Wh internal batteries(32 cells of NCR18650GA, same as original)

5 hours ago, zlymex said:

By my comparison, V3 has 8% more top speed than V2 high speed version, and has 15% more torque at low speed than V2 MS version.

- pedal extension
 - pedal up swing 

Awesome!  Do you have any photos you can share?  So, did you up yours to 1640Wh with the Battery Upgrades?

6 hours ago, SuperSport said:

Awesome!  Do you have any photos you can share?  So, did you up yours to 1640Wh with the Battery Upgrades?

Photo for the first three can be found here:

Photos for the later three attached. The current sensor is LEM LTS 25-NP and the fan is measured as 40x40x10mm.

I didn't upgrade anything(case or battery pack), I just added some battery cells(2 parallel 16 series) to my V3 820Wh version making the total capacity of 1230Wh. The photo is unfinished(no welding, no wiring, no BMS) to reveal the arrangement of cells. The original color of the cells are red, I wrapped another layer of blue shrink-wrap for extra protection. I'm not recommending this because it take special care to install the cells.
Fan-CurrentSensor.jpg
add-410Wh.jpg

45 minutes ago, MaxLinux said:

What size, is it 2.5?

Hey @MaxLinux - I don't know if the 22" is different from the 18", but that is a 2.5" tyre. 

These non-holtz riders seem to think that this "wide" tyre is new and exciting... But we know that 2.5" has always been great!!!

Thanks @zlymex for the photos.  That's a bit of work you put in there.  Looks great!  With the batteries being on the lower side, I'm guessing it does not make the wheel feel unbalanced much if at all?

I love that there is so much room down there on that side.  It leaves me space to do some other mods I'd like to do.  Maybe Bluetooth Speaker, or Built In Charger, or???  I don't use speakers for music, but I do like them for GPS directions on longer trips.

PS:  Good idea on the second wrap on the cells.  Nice Preventative Measure.

So, I hate to admit this, but I already finished the Headlight Upgrade (I rushed it due to time constraints so I didn't take the time I wish I had to pick a more suitable donor light).  While it is MUCH brighter, I think I won't find an optimal light for this purpose.  Unfortunately, the light is simply too low to work perfectly as I had hoped.  It does light the road a LOT better than the original, but the angle is such that it's no where near as good as a headlamp on my helmet.  Photos and video are in First Post above.

42 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

So, I hate to admit this, but I already finished the Headlight Upgrade (I rushed it due to time constraints so I didn't take the time I wish I had to pick a more suitable donor light).  While it is MUCH brighter, I think I won't find an optimal light for this purpose.  

Did you measured the current of the new light? I measured the current of the original LED as 0.435A, much lower than my EDC torch(max 2A), but already running very hot at the metal ring. I believe there is heat dissipation is not very good for the build-in headlight.

4 hours ago, zlymex said:

Did you measured the current of the new light? I measured the current of the original LED as 0.435A, much lower than my EDC torch(max 2A), but already running very hot at the metal ring. I believe there is heat dissipation is not very good for the build-in headlight.

that doesn't sound very good.... at all

On 10/22/2016 at 6:40 AM, zlymex said:

No, did not measure it.  I'm sure it's pulling more, but I have not had a chance to ride it enough to test for heat.  When I get more time, I'll check that stuff out.

On 10/21/2016 at 8:52 AM, zlymex said:

- pedal extension
 - pedal up swing 

Have you documented your mods in a video or somewhere else online?

4 hours ago, Duf said:

Have you documented your mods in a video or somewhere else online?

No video. I cannot upload nor watch videos on youtube/vimeo. This is the place I described the most for my mods.

There are other places I describe my mods of earlier models online but in Chinese
http://www.znphc.com/bbs/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=1991&extra=page%3D1
http://www.znphc.com/bbs/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=3355&extra=page%3D1
http://www.znphc.com/bbs/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=7889&extra=page%3D1

On 2016/10/22 at 8:38 PM, SuperSport said:

Thanks @zlymex for the photos.  That's a bit of work you put in there.  Looks great!  With the batteries being on the lower side, I'm guessing it does not make the wheel feel unbalanced much if at all?

I love that there is so much room down there on that side.  It leaves me space to do some other mods I'd like to do.  Maybe Bluetooth Speaker, or Built In Charger, or???  I don't use speakers for music, but I do like them for GPS directions on longer trips.

Thanks. I don't get any unbalanced feeling when riding. The build-in charger may be difficult being the spare room is very thin.

11 hours ago, zlymex said:

The build-in charger may be difficult being the spare room is very thin.

Yeah, but I don't mind modifying the charger layout a bit to make it fit.  We'll see if I can get something to work or not.

Archived