GotWay Msuper V3 1600wh specification

13 minutes ago, THG said:

Might wanna check out @Han's experience buying from this seller before buying (post here).

10 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Might wanna check out @Han's experience buying from this seller before buying (post here).

I'm not going to buy this particular EUC from eBay. I just noticed that some sellers advertise a oversea version high torque model. As I understand now, this is just a regular GotWay MSUPER V3s+.

8 minutes ago, THG said:

I'm not going to buy this particular EUC from eBay. I just noticed that some sellers advertise a oversea version high torque model. As I understand now, this is just a regular GotWay MSUPER V3s+.

It's just marketing tactics to try to pull in the heavier weight ex-China buyers.

1 hour ago, THG said:

Thank you for the answer.

The reason for the question is this eBay product.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GotWay-1600wh-Msuper-V3-oversea-version-high-torque-84V-18inch-electric-unicycle-/252798940375

Technically I suppose you could say the V3s or V3s+ is a higher torque wheel due to it being an 84 volt wheel. I can attest that the 84 volt version of the ACM is more powerful than the 67 volt version. It's faster and has more acceleration.

But there's only one version (not including the different battery configurations) of the V3s+ and only one version of the V3.

Isn't there a slightly modified msuper V3s+ for the Chinese market, with ~1640 Wh (instead of ~1600) and God knows what the tradeoff is? I remember something like this. That could theoretically explain the "overseas" (=normal, non-China) version.

Seller is just being dishonest tbh.

Edited by meepmeepmayer

Just now, meepmeepmayer said:

Isn't there a slightly modified msuper V3s+ for the Chinese market, with ~1640 Wh (instead of ~1600) and God knows what the tradeoff is? I remember something like this. That could theoretically explain the "overseas" (normal, non-China) version.

Seller is just being dishonest tbh.

If it still exists, the 1640WH MSuper3 for Asian market only was 67.7V, not 84V.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Thanks! Why did they even build this? Was it some kind of engineering test for the 84V models maybe?

It was right before the shift to all Gotway being 84V, when they doubled the WH of the MSuper3 battery first. A gradual phase out I guess.

• 2 years later...

I bought a Gotway msuper v3 and have turned off the 1st alarm (annoying) and adjusted the 2nd alarm to 30kmh i think via electro-sport.de app. Tilt back to 36kmh. I don't want to disable all the safety features. But I want to know how close to cutting out it is. How are people going faster ie 45kmh? Do you just ignore the three beeps? I read about riders talking about the 3rd alarm is that the top speed alarm? Does sound noticeably different? I get bored sometimes cruising at 35kmh if situation presents itself I would like to go a little faster. It is advertised to go nearly 50kmh.

The two or three beeps are just the speed alarms, disable them if you don't like them (but they are great warning so a tiltback doesn't catch you by surprise, so I'd always have one below tiltback speed or disable tiltback). There is a 80% power alarm which is 5/continuous beeps, that's where your power limit is, never ignore that alarm (it can't be disabled for good reason). So you can disable the speed alarms and tiltback and find out where the 80% thing is for you and your weight. That's your upper limit.

You have a 84V msuperV3? I believe the 67V ones really don't go much faster than 35kph, but the 84V go quite a bit faster. 30kph should definitely be safe on either variant unless you're really heavy.

3 hours ago, Goonman said:

I bought a Gotway msuper v3 and have turned off the 1st alarm (annoying) and adjusted the 2nd alarm to 30kmh i think via electro-sport.de app. Tilt back to 36kmh. I don't want to disable all the safety features. But I want to know how close to cutting out it is. How are people going faster ie 45kmh? Do you just ignore the three beeps? I read about riders talking about the 3rd alarm is that the top speed alarm? Does sound noticeably different? I get bored sometimes cruising at 35kmh if situation presents itself I would like to go a little faster. It is advertised to go nearly 50kmh.

Unless there's a new feature that I'm not aware of, you can't adjust the 2nd alarm speed.

I disable the first two alarms. I always reduce speed if I hear any beeping, and that's how I stay safe.

If you have a MSuper V3s(+) you should be able to go 45kmh with a full battery. Personally, I like to keep my max at ~38kmh most of the time. In America we have a saying, "Speed kills", which basically means the faster you go, the higher your likelihood of something bad happening, potentially really bad. And that's why I don't pursue to high speeds on an EUC.

Thanks for your help @Marty Backe and @meepmeepmayer. I understand the risks I'm taking. In open area with smoooooth bitumen 35kph/20ish mph feels slow and really safe and stable. I don't want to stack hard like Marty (YT fan). Maybe I will turn off the 2nd alarm and leave the tilt back on.

There should be redundancy in the warnings. Ie a flashing light and second buzzer. If the speaker stops working....then what?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Goonman said:

. Maybe I will turn off the 2nd alarm and leave the tilt back on.

Just play the first sentence of this clip.

12 hours ago, Goonman said:

No, Don't say that.  Listen to @Marty Backe and me.  Disable tilt back and rely on the 80% alarm and 3rd. speed alarm.  Tilt back can sometimes be very abrupt, causing the rider to crash (ask me how I know)  The last thing you want at 40+kph is the pedals suddenly tipping up.

Note: by "rely" I mean make sure you have a way of receiving the alarms, either aurally (difficult with wind noise) , visually (speedo app or pebble watch), or physically (vibration from Wheelog app for e.g.)  If you don't have a foolproof system to receive the alarms, then leave your tilt back on or eat dirt one day, or both :mellow:

Edited by Smoother
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Roger that. Ok. I will leave the beeps on. Tilt back has been pretty good to me so far. I find the 2nd alarm is actually fast enough anyway. And yes I should further investigate a smart watch.

Thanks.