Gotway ACM 820Wh - Speedyfeet Review

The Fat Unicyclist

I love that dog that's in his videos, but I worry about a paw being run over!   I also am concerned that he doesn't wear any protective gear and is "texting" while driving.  When he set the tiltback at 48 kph I thought oh oh if he gets injured number one that would be terrible.  Number two how would he run his business from the hospital?  I guess I'm a worry wart or "moaning Minnie."

7 minutes ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

I love that dog that's in his videos, but I worry about a paw being run over!   I also am concerned that he doesn't wear any protective gear and is "texting" while driving.  When he set the tiltback at 48 kph I thought oh oh if he gets injured number one that would be terrible.  Number two how would he run his business from the hospital?  I guess I'm a worry wart or "moaning Minnie."

as always, i concur

i do love his videos

i'm a DOG person and his dog is the cutest ever

NOT wearing ANY protective gear is INSANE, with the texting and cell manipulation and WHERE HE RIDES OVER ALL THOSE ROOTS, etc.

all your thoughts are mine, without a doubt.

odd about the not even 20 mile range with that 820, but the battery was new and hew as pushing it OFF-road a bit more. on the pavement and "conditioning" the battery after a few charge/discharge cycles, i imagine the range would be about 25% better.... i hope. following the same riding as his on an Inmotion V8, you'd be lucky to get 12 miles (even considering the V8's lighter weight)

I don't own an ACM so I'm not familiar with their range on a full charge, but I suppose if you're moving at higher speeds like averaging 35 kph that likely eats away at the range.  Maybe if he were going at Ninebot One E+ speed (20 KPH) he'd get a lot more distance?  Also all that off road terrain probably doesn't help mileage.

I don't know, I suspect Ian must really ride these hard all the time. I had the 680wh version of the ACM and always got over 20 miles on it, riding it between 15 and 20 mph. On my 820wh version (what Ian is testing in this video) I'm getting 30+ miles. If he's doing most of his riding at 20mph, maybe that's it. But I suspect most people ride in the 15+ mph range, so from my experience you can reliably get 30 miles. And I got 34 miles when I ran it down to the 5-10% battery level (last few miles going slow with lots of beeping).

24 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I don't know, I suspect Ian must really ride these hard all the time. I had the 680wh version of the ACM and always got over 20 miles on it, riding it between 15 and 20 mph. On my 820wh version (what Ian is testing in this video) I'm getting 30+ miles. If he's doing most of his riding at 20mph, maybe that's it. But I suspect most people ride in the 15+ mph range, so from my experience you can reliably get 30 miles. And I got 34 miles when I ran it down to the 5-10% battery level (last few miles going slow with lots of beeping).

appreciate that firsthand experience

will be anxious to see how many less miles the VSuper with the same battery gets when you are out tomorrow

looking forward to YOUR comparison comments

37 minutes ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

I don't own an ACM so I'm not familiar with their range on a full charge, but I suppose if you're moving at higher speeds like averaging 35 kph that likely eats away at the range.  Maybe if he were going at Ninebot One E+ speed (20 KPH) he'd get a lot more distance?  Also all that off road terrain probably doesn't help mileage.

i suppose you are absolutely correct

4 hours ago, Dancer said:

This is after my morning ride. I am 75 kg, no off-road riding.

ACM 820 Wh

Screenshot_2016-10-16-10-35-13-980.jpeg

thank you so much

this is very useful information for me.... and i appreciate you posting it here

it is truly amazing to me that you (at 75kg) could average 40km/h for 1 hour and still have 30%+ of battery life left

incredible

• 4 weeks later...

I can honestly say - The thrills of riding an ACM is insane. I dont wear protective gear either unless I'm doing some serious commuting. 15 miles or more to be exact. Ian looks to be an well experience rider who like myself thinks as long as were not doing any crazy stunts and is just riding within the rules of riding should be ok.

Obviously its stupid to think that way but I think its just human nature. Maybe a good hard fall will get him to wear gear.... I hope it doesn't happen but sometimes learning the hard way is the way to learn.

Just now, Tishawn Fahie said:

I can honestly say - The thrills of riding an ACM is insane. I dont wear protective gear either unless I'm doing some serious commuting. 15 miles or more to be exact. Ian looks to be an well experience rider who like myself thinks as long as were not doing any crazy stunts and is just riding within the rules of riding should be ok.

Obviously its stupid to think that way but I think its just human nature. Maybe a good hard fall will get him to wear gear.... I hope it doesn't happen but sometimes learning the hard way is the way to learn.

I know that you are aware I enjoy your videos very much... And of course you can make decisions on your own about whether or not to wear protective gear. You have your daughter to think about and I know that she wants her daddy to be around for a long time, and so I hope you will wear something more especially because you are riding around in one of the most densely populated areas of the face of the earth. The chance of you being hit by some cab, etc. it's got to be pretty high in there is no magic 15 mile number to make that more likely. I will get off my soapbox now :P

My only point is that I want you around for a long time to entertain us with your daily video blogs

10 minutes ago, Greg Spalding said:

I know that you are aware I enjoy your videos very much... And of course you can make decisions on your own about whether or not to wear protective gear. You have your daughter to think about and I know that she wants her daddy to be around for a long time, and so I hope you will wear something more especially because you are riding around in one of the most densely populated areas of the face of the earth. The chance of you being hit by some cab, etc. it's got to be pretty high in there is no magic 15 mile number to make that more likely. I will get off my soapbox now :P

My only point is that I want you around for a long time to entertain us with your daily video blogs

You are so right Greg and I didnt think about that. It's one thing when you live by yourself. Its another you have a family of your own. Trust me when I know its getting late and the ride will be long helmet/ motorcycle jacket and gloves are on. 

The only time i dont wear protective gear is if i'm in a park or have to make a quick stop under a mile to the store of some sort. But yes you bring up valid points and I agree!

28 minutes ago, Tishawn Fahie said:

You are so right Greg and I didnt think about that. It's one thing when you live by yourself. Its another you have a family of your own. Trust me when I know its getting late and the ride will be long helmet/ motorcycle jacket and gloves are on. 

The only time i dont wear protective gear is if i'm in a park or have to make a quick stop under a mile to the store of some sort. But yes you bring up valid points and I agree!

i like you

i like your family

i want you around A LONG TIME TO COME.....

please excuse the pediatrician coming out in me too often :(

8 minutes ago, Tishawn Fahie said:

Thank you for your kind words! trust me I understand!

i'm glad

during one of my motorcycle trips to the northeast i was thrilled to be able to ride through a lot of manhattan... it would be awesome to do so on an EUC one day.

Archived