1640Wh - 67,2V / 1600Wh - 84V

I have some unrelated experience that might shed light...
I worked with a Rockwell industrial table saw years ago. It did not have enough power to consistently and productively make the rips we needed in some very, very tough treated wood and consequently we'd trip the breaker many times in a day. The saw was a 120/240 volt model and so, because we had 240 at the Hospital where the work was going on, we had the saw switched over to 240v (ac). As we all know W=V*A and I think that saw was around 12 amps.
The short conclusion is that the saw performed MUCH worse at the same task (we had miles to cut...) than it did running with 120v. So much so that we ended up using a Milwaukee 'Skill Saw' with some modifications to the shoe. With the 'skill saw' we could cut as fast as we could push the saw with NO SLOWDOWNS what so ever. With the table saw we had to advance and slow down (even stop at times to keep the breaker from tripping) constantly.
I'm not sure how relevant to this tale this is, but it seemed like doubling the volts halved the available Amps because the ability to 'do work' was clearly reduced - But this was AC...

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Roll Model said:

Amazing collection of Wheels!
If I can ask a question a little off topic...How do you pre-pair for flat tires when you make such rides?

You can put slime into the tire before the run, and you can also carry a small tool/patch kit.  If you get a CUT tire, you might be in trouble and need to call for a ride.

1 hour ago, Roll Model said:

If I can ask a question a little off topic...How do you pre-pair for flat tires when you make such rides?

We carry a small inflator with us and sometimes an emergency slime to be used after a flat tire. We plan to buy small tool/patch kits as SuperSport pointed out.

We've never come across flat tire on the run, only two instances afterwards(the leaks were very small), but good to be prepared. There are many villages though not very far apart and we often find tire fixed point there. 

I recommend installing slime before riding.  It can sometimes prevent your tire from going fully flat.

I also carry this tool kit and pump.  It's quite small, fits well into a back pack.  There might be better options, but I got this one at a good price at the time.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00R0KHB3W/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I slime many different tires, so I buy it by the Gallon.  On these off road tires in the photo below, I had a 1/4 inch stick punch through the tire.  It held enough air to get me back to camp.  When I pulled the stick, it sealed up and I was able to pump it back up.  Never had another leak on that tire.

Slime.JPG

4 minutes ago, Roll Model said:

A hand pump or..?

I have never used Slime, but it allows you to avoid road side service of your inner tube?

Yes, a small hand pump.

We've never used slime either, just in case the road side service is far away.

15 minutes ago, Roll Model said:

A hand pump or..?

I have never used Slime, but it allows you to avoid road side service of your inner tube?

There's no guarantee it will prevent your tire from going flat, but on occasion for me, it has. When you get a leak, it blows out of that leak and seals it. If you are lucky, before your tire deflates. If unlucky, you can normally inflate the tire and continue with your ride without having to patch it right away. 

On 10/3/2016 at 9:13 PM, Greg Spalding said:

absolutely...

and, 30 mph we JUST DON'T NEED

that's just too fast for any kind of sane travel... no matter what protective gears is worn

Some of us lost our sanity long ago.

28 minutes ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

You know the only post that comes up after searching for the word "Breasts" on the forum comes up with your post, and they end up not being real.  :(  So disappointing... sigh... I was hoping "Greg" was short for "Gregorina."  Where are the EUC riding supermodels???!

the only cute girl who likes nerds is PENNY from BIG BANG THEORY..... in real life, such women do NOT exist

i love this forum but maybe there are 2 female members

that sucks.... LOL

8 minutes ago, Pasi said:

So, who is Greg/Gregorina of these four persons?

I thnk its quite logical to assume that the guy in the photo is Greg. 

But my logic has been known to have holes in the past, so.....

Just going by your choice of fashion I can tell you are a fun guy at parties and in general!  ;) Either that or you want to end up someday on the back pages of "US Magazine" in the fashion police section.  The kids (and parents) must love it!  :D

Confused is a natural state for me so these photos look pretty normal if you ask me!

32 minutes ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

Just going by your choice of fashion I can tell you are a fun guy at parties and in general!  ;) Either that or you want to end up someday on the back pages of "US Magazine" in the fashion police section.  The kids (and parents) must love it!  :D

Confused is a natural state for me so these photos look pretty normal if you ask me!

i love to laugh

i love making folks laugh

i'm the luckiest guy in the world to get to take care of people's kids and watch them grow up to be amazing adults (25 years, so mar)

i'm glad those photos look NORMAL to you... my wife still doesn't agree with that... LOL

I got a news yesterday that that 84V/1600Wh version begin to sell in Chinese market(that originally targeted to oversea market only). The charger comes with the EUC is still 1.5A.

The friend of mine who bought the 84V slim version has just bought a 84V 10A charger, of which I've strongly opposed. He said the wires and the connector can be modified to suit 10A, and the 2.5A-per-cell charge current is Ok for occasional use although the temperature rise for batteries is high. Also, it is switchable between 5A/10A. However, he found out when the charger arrived it is too large and too heavy to carry.
10A-84V.jpg

34 minutes ago, zlymex said:

friend of mine who bought the 84V slim version has just bought a 84V 10A charger, of which I've strongly opposed

Crikey, that's one bad a** charger! Yeah, you're right, these high-capacity cells shouldn't be charged above 2A, it's definitely going put them under some stress.

1 hour ago, zlymex said:

I got a news yesterday that that 84V/1600Wh version begin to sell in Chinese market(that originally targeted to oversea market only). The charger comes with the EUC is still 1.5A.

The friend of mine who bought the 84V slim version has just bought a 84V 10A charger, of which I've strongly opposed. He said the wires and the connector can be modified to suit 10A, and the 2.5A-per-cell charge current is Ok for occasional use although the temperature rise for batteries is high. Also, it is switchable between 5A/10A. However, he found out when the charger arrived it is too large and too heavy to carry.

I still dont get Gotways logic is not only not increasing the charging speed but actually lowering the current.

the only possible logic I see is ok, we have 84v now, so to keep the connectors and wires exposed to the same , proven safe, power (IxV) and same temperature rise, lets lower the current............

well, if  you are worried that the connectors/ wires wont hold up, just replace them with more robust ones, how difficult can this be?

Archived