I tested the max speed on my Gotway acm 16

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for sharing this.  I noticed in your video description that you used the "6 mosfets" version.  Do you think it would make any difference if it were the "12 mosfets" version or is it irrelevant in terms of top speed loss of power?

Just now, sbouju said:

The road was lightly descending, no ?

yes, but flat when i i had to run.

32 minutes ago, John Eucist said:

Thanks for sharing this.  I noticed in your video description that you used the "6 mosfets" version.  Do you think it would make any difference if it were the "12 mosfets" version or is it irrelevant in terms of top speed loss of power?

I have no idea. Im not that technical. :) I hope someone will  tell us as it would be interesting for me to know as well.

Well, you scared me a lot! I got me ACM 16 to ride faster but I will reconsider. Currently, I am riding at 25-30 km/h and my top speed was some 32 km/h. However, one week ago, I let my ACM to one guy (much more experienced than myself) who wanted to test the speed (he has Ninebot if I recall correctly) and he made easily 42 km/h. Not more just because the road was too short. (btw, tiltback was off)

Thank you very much for posting this. I believe everyone shall watch it, especially when one thinks, he has mastered the wheel.;)

Wish you fast recovery!

21 minutes ago, John Eucist said:

@EU GUY What has been your experience in terms of the Gotway app speedometer vs GPS speedometer for your ACM?  We all know during the MCM2 days the Gotway app had inflated speeds.  Also, which Gotway app version are you running?

Looks like the speed is more or less correct up to 25 kmh. I use a gps speedometer anyway as ive heard you guys say that the app is wrong :)

1 hour ago, Cloud said:

@EU GUY thank you forthe test, for the fantastic video and for taking the fall for the community.

how much do you weigh?

65kg. :)

7 hours ago, John Eucist said:

I noticed in your video description that you used the "6 mosfets" version.  Do you think it would make any difference if it were the "12 mosfets" version or is it irrelevant in terms of top speed loss of power?

7 hours ago, EU GUY said:

I have no idea. Im not that technical. :) I hope someone will  tell us as it would be interesting for me to know as well.

@esaj do you know the theoretical answer to this?  Or could you tag someone that you think might know? :) 

just got my ACM maybe 2 days ago.... I think I'm going to try a similar speed test. The difference being the 12 Mostfet version. Just gotta find a nice flat straight away.. And purchase some IRON Man armor! Because I'm still confused - He had tilt back set on 45km but he had the option to set it to 48km..... which leaves me to believe theres wiggle room for more power.. I believe it's the 6 mosfet board is why is why it cut out on you....

Again thank you for your bravery!

5 minutes ago, Cloud said:

Oh wow. And it cut out at 45? This is scary. I was thinking of getting the ACM, and i am 100... I guess i shouldnt go over 35 then!!!

It's possible that max speed power cutouts (unlike lack of torque) are not weight dependent.  Although I'm not certain.  Perhaps others can chime in on this.

1 minute ago, John Eucist said:

It's possible that max speed power cutouts (unlike lack of torque) are not weight dependent.  Although I'm not certain.  Perhaps others can chime in on this.

well i dont think  this was the max speed cutout.  This was actually a cut out due to lack of torque. I believe 45 is not the no load top speed for ACM. But if i was wrong, it would be very nice

1 minute ago, JoyRide said:

Not sure if this is relevant to no-load max speed but when lift my ACM when on, the WheelLog shows ca 46 km/h.

with no tiltback on, my acm spins up to 51 kmh according to the app before shutting down.

5 minutes ago, EU GUY said:

with no tiltback on, my acm spins up to 51 kmh according to the app before shutting down.

Same here and this is why it doesn't make sense. Don't get me wrong 27 mph is way to fast... But advertise speed is advertise speed..... I'm no electrician but i'm pretty certain your board version couldn't handle the load...

Hmm, well I'm glad you didn't hurt yourself to much doing that speedtest.

Why not try it with a shopping cart (or similar) so when the wheel fails you just continue riding that?

Or use rollerblades and hold the wheel with your hands?

Or use a skateboard?

Or anything else with wheels so that you don't fall?

The friction will be similar or more so you know it will be safe if you only ride the wheel later on.

Well just a thought..

Shopping cart seemed to me a good idea when trying to learn to go backwards. I tried that but still need more time to practice.:) However, I cannot imagine myself riding with shopping cart at supermarket parking lot at 45 km/h. I guess, there is even some speed limit in these places.

Re Anything else, well, the point is that the wheel must be loaded, right? So, you must stand on it. So, rollerblades and your wheel in the middle is rather not an option, right?

8 minutes ago, Xima Lhotz said:

Why not try it with a shopping cart (or similar) so when the wheel fails you just continue riding that?

Or use a skateboard?

The friction will be similar or more so you know it will be safe if you only ride the wheel later on.

Well just a thought..

I had a brain fart and thought it would be a good idea to test the speed right there and then. Just something i had to get out of my system i guess. 

11 minutes ago, EU GUY said:

I had a brain fart and thought it would be a good idea to test the speed right there and then. Just something i had to get out of my system i guess. 

Fall captured by a P3P for YouTube.  Totally worth it.  (semi-joking) :D

20 minutes ago, Xima Lhotz said:

Or use a skateboard?

Well just a thought..

I dont think using any of this is possible to both adequately test the max torque/ speed under load and still not take the fall. 

Archived