Ninebot Mini motor problems

So, I have been experiencing strange behaviour from my Ninebot Mini. When riding at slow speeds there is a very obvious vibrating sound from the motors, kinda like "wrr, wrr, wrr, wrr" and I can feel it vibrate. As soon as i accelerate and ride over a certain speed this vibration and sound disappears and the ride is smooth. This behaviour started about a two weeks after I bought it, but since it didn't really effect the riding I thought it was no big deal. 

But just recently I started to feel that the braking feels different. Earlier the braking felt smooth, but now it feels like the motors are struggling and they make a sound and vibrate during braking. 

What can the problem be? And is anyone else experiencing this? Do I need to replace my motors? 
My total mileage is 500 km. 

I have this sound since the begin (6 month ) " wrwrwr " too 

It vibrate too

I was worried like you 

It's from each 2 wheel-motor 

I thought it's from the bearings ? 

Well we need someone who have desassemble mini motors 

Have you oil on inside wheel face?

I experience "wr-wr-wr" sometimes but only when my mini is standing on it's own (without rider) and he start to wiggle a little, but i taught  that it is because of slightly slope ground.

I noticed change in braking also, after a 3 month riding – it became more discrete and feel little bit less firm

Thanks for the answers.
jojo33, you seem to have the same issues as me I think. I do not see any oil leakage on the inside of wheel face. I have been riding the Mini pretty aggressively, on trails in the woods, sand, lots of bumps and rocks etc. I also regularly ride it down curbs, and let a few people who weigh a lot more than the maximum allowed weight ride it for a short period of time. Maybe this has somehow damaged the motors in the long run? 

They still seem to speed up well and everything else except the weird sounds and the not so smooth braking seems fine. 

I have looked on the internet for replacement wheels with motor, but no luck. Does anyone know where I can find those? :( 

23 hours ago, Alex Markin said:

I experience "wr-wr-wr" sometimes but only when my mini is standing on it's own (without rider) and he start to wiggle a little, but i taught  that it is because of slightly slope ground.

I noticed change in braking also, after a 3 month riding – it became more discrete and feel little bit less firm

Alex, mine has done that since i bought it, but I think that is normal. When standing on it's own the Ninebot is trying to balance and is working the motors back and forth in tiny steps until it is completely still. 
If you leave it alone it will eventually balance it self and those sounds will stop. You can try to change the balance in the Ninebot app to make it lean more forward or backward. That made it better for me. 

47 minutes ago, cloudust said:

@landrosov maybe you can contact Ian from Speedyfeet for the parts.

Thank you for the tip. I emailed then now to see if they carry them. 
The only other place I have found is a Russian site, and I think it would be pretty expensive to order from there. 

http://www.ninebot.run/product-page/d7e51103-3898-7c71-8d75-ebf439f3e4af

6 hours ago, landrosov said:

Thank you for the tip. I emailed then now to see if they carry them. 
The only other place I have found is a Russian site, and I think it would be pretty expensive to order from there. 

http://www.ninebot.run/product-page/d7e51103-3898-7c71-8d75-ebf439f3e4af

Hello landrosov

well

i see ninebot run website, well, it's team xiaomi army who are now ninebot run team ;) they publish good video on youtube

Russia have a very great community ! https://vk.com/ninebot_run

my website about mini is mini-j.jimdo.com i have 111 russian visitors ;)

i dont publish link to spare parts because i'm not sure if sellers are good or not, if are honest or not...

here below

a screenshot true motor wheel price is 550 yuans 5143 russian rouble or 82 dollars or 73 euros...

here a really bif difference of price for special tire 

ninebot run price 28 euros (1800 roubles)

chinese price 8 euros (60 yuans)

prixpneu.PNG

truemotorwheel.PNG

russia 111.png

• 2 months later...

there was no real need but more or less by accident I opened one wheel to. Amazing at the end of the day! Premium parts for sure. I do not buy the big fat oil drop though...

If you ever open a tire (there may be hardly a reason to do so) and then close it again.

-Do not drop any additional oil on the unit as it already has ENOUGH. It won't get any better

-Take MUCH CARE when closing the unit again. This was not easy, even being carefully I had to reopen and close again I think twice until it really snapped with a click like sound and I finally could close the screws properly 1/100 of a millimeter  difference somehow and the wheel does not or only extremely bad.

-just closing the case ist NOT ENOUGH! The case was and has to be sealed using the proper material. Ask a pro. For the moment I had to use simple silicon. If you don't do you'll learn a lesson on the hard way next time you have to check the tire when it may leak air because of a simple hole you've got while driving the mini. just like tires may get holes... (then your motor yes makes a sound like wrwrwrwrwrwr and even may not work at all or stop suddenly, shut down by software...).

-I do not see any reason in opening the tire. At the end of the day it may give only trouble in return. But yes if the motor ever burns (weil how if the pilot is not a numb?) there is the possibility one can open the tires and change to cooper filament and ready to go again.

The motors are made to least forever. As far as I know bursless. One probably must act in a barbaric manner in order to break this unit.

I like to repeat: First class hardware, first class engineering 

;)

coming to the bone right away:

the pict presented a mini, open motor showing this amount of oil is a clear and 100% fake! anybody stating he has a mini motor leaking oil can't be taken serious at all. 

probably just wanting to get attention. I recommend to see a doctor asap for the creator of such a picture.

:):):) 

Archived