Msuper V3 Mods

WheelRunner

I had to go through a lot of standing water yesterday which prompted this quick fender mod to my Msuper V3. I found 6" square x 1/16" thick rubber sheets for sale at Home Depot (in the plumbing department) worked perfectly. I temporarily put some 4" baby protection foam strip over the tire for spacing. Then layed the 6" square rubber sheet over the tire to figure out the best placement and mark my cuts. Cut three of the points off, applied the 3M double sided tape (that comes with the baby protection foam) to mount the rubber sheet and I had my fender. Hopefully, no more back spray from the tire now.

Here's a link to the rubber sheet I used:
http://www.homedepot.com/p/PartsmasterPro-6-in-x-6-in-Rubber-Sheets-58353/203197093

msuper_v3_ - 1.jpg

msuper_v3_ - 2.jpg

msuper_v3_ - 3.jpg

10 hours ago, Greg Spalding said:

I think that came out pretty good, and certainly is very necessary

Yes, very nice mod. I wonder though, why does the customer have to provide his own fender? Why does GW think a fender is not needed?

1 hour ago, MaxLinux said:

Yes, very nice mod. I wonder though, why does the customer have to provide his own fender? Why does GW think a fender is not needed?

you are absolutely correct

just another aggravation about GotWay... great wheels with QUESTIONABLE TESTING and ODD DESIGN CHARACTERISTICS 

no one would want to ride that wheel in any kind of wetness the way it is

makes no sense

did ANYONE EVER ride one in such conditions before putting their final seal of approval on it?

i guess not :D

i tried exactly the same fender mod...but unfortunatley the rubber was "welded to hard" ...so that the 3m double tape was not strong enough and always get loose after one or even a half day :-)

On 9/29/2016 at 10:27 PM, KingSong69 said:

i tried exactly the same fender mod...but unfortunatley the rubber was "welded to hard" ...so that the 3m double tape was not strong enough and always get loose after one or even a half day :-)

I should have followed up on my original post sooner... I too noticed this problem and fixed it with a little super-glue.

The rubber was peeling off of the tape at the bottom of the "fender" on both sides. What I noticed though, is that the tape sticks to the plastic very well. So I put a drop of super-glue gel on each side of the fender (near the bottom edges) on the tape and pressed the rubber back into place. It's been several days and holding well so far. However, I may need another drop or two at a few places on the tape higher up. 

fender2 - 1 (1).jpg

Be careful though for V3 which imo has poor water proof ability than V2. 

I disassembled my unit and surprised to see that the main compartment is easy for water goes in. The good news is that the main board is coated with transparent layer which is water proof to some degree. 

Edit: there are gaps around the pedal supporting rod, and the main board is located at bottom half of the EUC while the board and the battery of V2 are all located on upper part.
P1110814s.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Luck you, we only have those salmon colored rubber (for making gaskets) at my store, not black...but I have made mud flaps out of duct tape, like you would making wallets, plus there is now oodles of color and designs duct tape to choose from... 

Archived