Today, scheduled to meet with the director of King Song, Live Stream

EcoDrift

At 20-00 pm Moscow time, we plan to start the live broadcast of the director Kingsong (Mr Leo) plant, which visited our company. 

You can ask any question and we'll ask him to live.

A link to the broadcast will add later.
Thank you all for participating.

2 hours ago, EcoDrift said:

Better, if you ask here :))

1. Christian

2. ~1 + something year

3. KS16 840Wh

4. No, but i have one now ;)

5. Do they work in removing the PWM noise (the ~8kHz sound)? I like my Kingsong and for sure will upgrade to newer&better models as they come - but _not_ to a wheel that causes tinnitus (at least for me) like all the KS/GW wheels. Other manufacturers seem able to handle this issue...

5.1) Why are the new KS18 cooling vents right above the control-board, sucking in air & probably water directly onto it? 
5.2) Why does the KS mobile App not include the 'location' permission during installation?
5.3) When are we going to see a decent quality mobile App? 
5.4) When will the light setting save bug be fixed on the KS16? 
5.5) When can finally see an end of the 'Hello King Song' Aux prompt?

Will there be a way to prevent firmware upgrades? Safely switch/button through software?

Will there be a way to upgrade or downgrade firmware versions through downloaded .bin files that King Song posts?

This will allow users to slowly control when and how they upgrade their versions, so that they can prevent a Ninebot "shut-down" issue.

A lot of users wait a few weeks after a firmware version is released because they want to let other people first test it out and see how it went. If it went well, they would upgrade, if not, they would wait. Sometimes what happens is that if lets say version 1.01 is released and a user waits, 2-3 weeks, when the user feels confident that they want to upgrade to version 1.01, version 1.02 might be released. If this happens, the user can no longer upgrade specifically to 1.01, they would need to update to 1.02, which at that point isn't considered stable by the user.

EDIT:

Also ask them if they can remove the ISN unlocker thing for the speed. Everyone is already using my unlocker, there is no point for them to have this in there. If anything, just tell them to add a button called "Advanced Mode" or something that has a switch to let it go faster. It's stupid to have people that paid thousands of dollars for a hardware product, to be "forced" to contact the company simply so that they can use their device at their desired speed.

34 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

5.1) Why are the new KS18 cooling vents right above the control-board, sucking in air & probably water directly onto it? 
5.2) Why does the KS mobile App not include the 'location' permission during installation?
5.3) When are we going to see a decent quality mobile App? 
5.4) When will the light setting save bug be fixed on the KS16? 
5.5) When can finally see an end of the 'Hello King Song' Aux prompt?

In my opinion, it may be prudent if you can make yourself available during the conference call for any followup questions.

My name is Henrik, I own a Kingsong and has not had any other wheel but Kingsong. I also like pasta with meat sauce etc, here is my question:

Will Kingsong in the future put any effort in trying to improve the communication to their customers, for example a professional fully functional web site (with for example firmware upgrade announcements and so on), useful instruction manuals in correct English, support portal and more. 

If yes - when?

It may sound like everyone here just hate Kingsong. I can only speak for myself that I chose that brand since after a lot of research I found it to be the best choice. It's just that there is sooooooooooooooooooo plenty of room for improvements yet :). 

1. Loren

2 & 3. Brand new to this - just got my KS16C last week, haven't been on it yet.

I agree 100% with the above questions.  Adding:

1) Differences between KS16B & C?

2) Re: proper customer support - making available a decent English manual. (I'm essentially copying my questions from earlier this week.)

@Jason McNeil, @EcoDrift I am not a Kingsong owner, but was investigating to get a ks16 after trying and liking it.

Biggest detherent was the lack of waterproof certification, French  distributor explicitly do not cover water damage, such as heavy rain. 

I am using my current wheel for commuting, so cannot really decide whether it will be under  rain or not. 

4 minutes ago, em1barns said:

Biggest detherent was the lack of waterproof certification, French  distributor explicitly do not cover water damage, such as heavy rain. 

Can you ask them if they've actually had a case of the KS16" that has been affected by rain? I'm occasionally in touch with the German Distributor, Chris, of @1RadWerkstatt, it hasn't been an issue for my Customers & don't think this has been a cause of concern. Chris do you have anything to add to the answerlist?

KS really need to hire someone technical who can speak English, a lot of the repeated questions don't get properly translated/comprehended. 

13 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

Can you ask them if they've actually had a case of the KS16" that has been affected by rain? I'm occasionally in touch with the German Distributor, Chris, of @1RadWerkstatt, it hasn't been an issue for my Customers & don't think this has been a cause of concern. Chris do you have anything to add to the answerlist?

KS really need to hire someone technical who can speak English, a lot of the repeated questions don't get properly translated/comprehended. 

Will ask, Jason.

Translation of current disclaimer on Kingsong France website (source: http://kingsong-france.com/faq/):

"Kingsong wheels are water resistant (weak showers, wet roads), but not waterproof. You should not ride or expose your wheel to strong showers, ride into puddles, or put your wheel inside water, or you will lose your warranty in case of damages related to water exposure."

Inmotion and Ninebot go to the length of certifying their wheels, I would love the same thing from other leading vendors like Kingsong to have peace of mind over short and long term consequences of riding in rain showers.

4 minutes ago, em1barns said:

Will ask, Jason.

Translation of current disclaimer on Kingsong France website (source: http://kingsong-france.com/faq/):

"Kingsong wheels are water resistant (weak showers, wet roads), but not waterproof. You should not ride or expose your wheel to strong showers, ride into puddles, or put your wheel inside water, or you will lose your warranty in case of damages related to water exposure."

Inmotion and Ninebot go to the length of certifying their wheels, I would love the same thing from other leading vendors like Kingsong to have peace of mind over short and long term consequences of riding in rain showers.

All of this, of course, makes sense, but the truth is, there's no way to avoid riding through the occasional puddle... Because someone could have been watering their lawn and there could have been water in the street. As you are traveling at nearly 30 km an hour there's no way to avoid that. No one wants to be in a position where his/her $1500 investment is ruined while riding on a sunny day through a small puddle brought about by an irrigation system

Herman,

KS16 680, my first wheel.

4 hours ago, Chriull said:

5. Do they work in removing the PWM noise (the ~8kHz sound)?

Phew, I like this sound. But if all you others hate it, I'm fine with majority decision. :-)

Question:

When will the App display a correct distance (with a mismatch below 10%, or better 5%) ?

Not really sure why the audio quality is that bad, except for perhaps for Internet connection for them, which would usually be translated into having a poor video signal but the video signal is fine

I hope that we will have an entire translation written here at the end. Happy that this is occurring, however. How nice it would be for that gentleman to be sitting right now at Jason's home in South Florida. I forget if this is the same person Jason met while at their factory in China

1 hour ago, Greg Spalding said:

Not really sure why the audio quality is that bad, except for perhaps for Internet connection for them, which would usually be translated into having a poor video signal but the video signal is fine

I hope that we will have an entire translation written here at the end. Happy that this is occurring, however. How nice it would be for that gentleman to be sitting right now at Jason's home in South Florida. I forget if this is the same person Jason met while at their factory in China

Yes, at the end we switch off out 4 web camera and all was fine((

Sorry friends)

But we will make good video with all text words))

19 minutes ago, EcoDrift said:

Yes, at the end we switch off out 4 web camera and all was fine((

Sorry friends)

But we will make good video with all text words))

Nothing to be sorry about

Looking forward to reading about all that happened there at the meeting

Hope you found it productive and enjoyable

Archived