The New Mavic Drone was released today!

Rehab1

This is awesome news!! I believe Mavic will also be able to use this software once released!

DJI And DroneSAR Bring Search And Rescue App To First Responders 

Software Integrates Aerial Imagery Into Rescue Systems To Save Lives 

November 3, 2016 – DJI, the world's leading maker of unmanned aerial vehicles, and DroneSAR, the Irish tech start-up revolutionizing the search and rescue industry, on Thursday announced a new search and rescue app that seamlessly integrates a drone's unique aerial perspective on life-and-death searches into incident management software, ensuring rescue crews can use drones effectively to save lives.

DroneSAR can stream live images and video, from a regular or thermal imaging camera, to an incident command center as well as other rescue teams on the ground. The software can tag the GPS coordinates of a victim and automatically transmit them by email or SMS, enabling ground crews to reach victims more quickly. Completed search patterns are all recorded and logged for easy handover to oncoming rescue crews.

I could not find a youtube video but here is DJI's  link:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByYSx4-T_-3zQS10ZW43eEVPaE0

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2.11.2016 at 6:49 PM, Rehab1 said:

Mavic at 30 feet in follow mode

10 hours ago, Brian Morris said:

My Mavic testing ;)

You also had any chance to test the mavic's obstacle avoidance abilities with active tracking?

is this working out while driving an euc on i.e. a forest trail or is it just a "not to useful" gimmick?

13 hours ago, Chriull said:

You also had any chance to test the mavic's obstacle avoidance abilities with active tracking?

I did test obstacle avoidance going forward at mph and it worked perfectly. I will let someone else perform the test at fast speeds.:P

I am still able to out smart the Mavic where it looses sight of me during sharp turns on the V5F+. Tracking at a higher altitude helps a lot.  I have not tried the sport mode yet. Maybe the Mavic will be able to keep up with me in that mode. Love the testing phases but would hate to crash it trying to prove a point. Money down the drain:pooping:

@Questor @HEC @Chriull @Henrik Olsen

Consider purchasing the Mavic Polar Pro Filters. They will not ship until the end of November so I pre-ordered. Many forums are giving :thumbup:for the high quality, vivid color pictures and video that are captured with the Mavic camera utilizing the filters!

https://www.polarprofilters.com/collections/featured-collection/products/dji-mavic-filter-professional-6-pack

Best_DJI_Mavic_Filters_by_PolarPro_grande.png

@Questor @HEC @Chriull @Henrik Olsen

BTW here is my Mavic case. The soft case it comes with is way to small for all of the spare parts, chargers, manuals, etc. It was like putting 10 pounds of potatoes into a 5 pound sack. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000DYV9N/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Polar Filters does have a hard case as well.  

drone case.gif

the only letdown seems to be the missing HDMI output ... so no fatshark compatibility for FPV Headsets/Googles. DJi will (or already has) bring out its own bulky Headset ...

but other than that a real beauty :)

On ‎05‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 1:19 AM, Rehab1 said:

I am still able to out smart the Mavic where it looses sight of me during sharp turns on the V5F+.

I believe that's down to the fact that Mavic is basically tracking the "2D" image from a specific side so if you'll turn (quickly) more than 90 degrees it might not recognize anymore the pre-selected "speck" in the camera image and loses the tracking. Maybe some future FW update would have an advanced option where you'd be able to instruct Mavic to do first a "3D" / 360 degrees fly-by around the selected object or person to avoid exactly this particular issue as it seems to be fairly common from the early user experiences. Hopefully DJI will come to the same conclusion soon ...

a little tip for finding your drone. Try to get a "Tile Mate" (6.1g), "Tile Slim" (9,3g), "TrackR" (~8.5g), Chipolo (9 g) or Wuvo (3g) Bluetooth finder. they don't have gps but you can find the drone within a limited bluetooth range, and when a friend installs the "crowd finding" app they can help you search the hugh field over which you have last seen it :) 

http://mobilesyrup.com/2016/01/29/chipolo-vs-trackr-vs-tile-vs-wuvo-the-ultimate-tracking-device-showdown/

34 minutes ago, Chris Westland said:

If you ever wondered who you talked to at DJI, here is their flagship store in Shenzhen (during my visit last summer).  All the staff speak English, and international orders appear to be handled there.

Nice store! The outside architectural design looks abit like the Mavic as it goes through it's transformer stage of unfolding the blade arms  before flight! 

6 hours ago, Henrik Olsen said:

@Rehab1 you got yours already?  Got a note from my RC pusher, that I can not expect mine before mid-December. 

Yes, I received it 2 weeks ago! The wait is worth every penny:thumbup:

This just dropped to may email box from DJI - kinda pissed off with their delay of shipping Mavics so might give them a bit of "feedback":

Dear DJI Customer,

Thank you for supporting DJI. As part of our continued dedication to refining our products, we would like to invite you to take part in a short customer survey.

As a token of our appreciation, after completing this survey you will be enrolled in a lucky draw for a chance to win DJI Credits that can be used when purchasing from the DJI Online Store.

Your responses will remain confidential and will be reported in aggregate only.

Please click the link below, or copy the URL and paste it into your browser:

********************* (*changed the link in case it's personalized.) 

Your opinion is important to us and will help us continue creating the future of possible. If you have any questions regarding the survey, please email us at: survey@dji.com.

Thank you for your participation,
DJI

15 hours ago, Blunzn said:

a little tip for finding your drone. Try to get a "Tile Mate" (6.1g), "Tile Slim" (9,3g), "TrackR" (~8.5g), Chipolo (9 g) or Wuvo (3g) Bluetooth finder. they don't have gps but you can find the drone within a limited bluetooth range, and when a friend installs the "crowd finding" app they can help you search the hugh field over which you have last seen it :) 

http://mobilesyrup.com/2016/01/29/chipolo-vs-trackr-vs-tile-vs-wuvo-the-ultimate-tracking-device-showdown/

There is a good article on Bluetooth trackers on this trusted site.

http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-bluetooth-tracker/

6 hours ago, HEC said:

This just dropped to may email box from DJI - kinda pissed off with their delay of shipping Mavics so might give them a bit of "feedback":

....As a token of our appreciation, after completing this survey you will be enrolled in a lucky draw for a chance to win DJI Credits that can be used when purchasing from the DJI Online Store....

I miss the "lucky draws" ... I haven't seen one since I left Hong Kong

So I'm happy to report that I've been using my Mavic for the past week and it works perfectly.

Landing and take offs are stress free and the drone handles great.  Excellent video transmission and quality.  It's almost effortless.

I feel very confident flying it and am happy with the purchase.

Now if I can just get my Phantom 2+ Vision to behave this well...

Q~

2 hours ago, Questor said:

So I'm happy to report that I've been using my Mavic for the past week and it works perfectly.

Landing and take offs are stress free and the drone handles great.  Excellent video transmission and quality.  It's almost effortless.

I feel very confident flying it and am happy with the purchase.

Now if I can just get my Phantom 2+ Vision to behave this well...

Q~

Awesome! So you decided to keep it a secret! :ph34r: I am not to please with the waypoint setup. Litchi has developed a user friendly waypoint app. I hope to try it out tomorrow.  Safe flying! 

14 minutes ago, Henrik Olsen said:

Thanks! Excellent info! Not to expensive! Hopefully the app applies to the Mavic! There are a number of open source apps out there. Just need to find right one that is optimal for the Mavic.

talking about small drones ... just found this Dobby thing :) ... not as sophisticated but cheaper, the tester also reviewed the inmotion v5f+ and other rideables

edit: Oh and for practicing there is a Simulater called Liftoff on Steam for appx 20 €. you can use some highend Remote or an PS3/4 XBox controller. Safes up a lot of propellers :)   and there is another one too, which i haven't tried out yet. "FPV Freerider" should be around 5$ and has a free demo.

Well, I took the drone with me to the desert this weekend.  

I used the Activetrac feature to follow my truck as I drove through some narrow washes and canyons, and the drone did an amazing job of keeping the truck in it's sights.

The problem was... I never turned on the video camera!

Lesson learned.  Time to try again in the future.

Q~

On ‎03‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 0:14 PM, HEC said:

Just received the email from DJI titled "Mavic Pro Shipping Update" with bellow text:

So IF I'm lucky I might receive it by Christmas or at least before the New Year!

:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: 

Good news!

Your Order Is On Its Way

On 11/18/2016 at 7:48 AM, Snurre said:

Mind the eagles! Territorial critters they are :angry: and so far they outperform your drone, be it Mavic, Phantom or Karma:

Oh Wow...a Captain Sully moment although I didn't see the Hudson River in the background?

Did the poor the bird live? The drone evidently did not!:crying: Is everyone flying writing the registration number on their drones in case of an incident or accident?

46 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Is everyone flying writing the registration number on their drones in case of an incident or accident?

Or at least the sticker with "If found please return to" ...

Archived