The New Mavic Drone was released today!

Rehab1

3 hours ago, HEC said:

Same here - Mavic plus another pre-order product for me :( But this is fairly known with DJI - hopefully it will be shipped and arrive at least by end of the next month ... :unsure:

I was hoping the release was not that far in the distance  but you may have more insight on how DJI operates in terms of shipping delays of their new products. 

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

I was hoping the release was not that far in the distance  but you may have more insight on how DJI operates in terms of shipping delays of their new products. 

On all Mavic accessories it currently says:

Available to ship: 20-25 business days after payment is confirmed

So I'd say it's fairly reasonable estimate ;)

On 10/18/2016 at 1:01 PM, Rehab1 said:

Oh that sucks! I would contact your CC Card immediately! Did you get the same notification on the Mavic? 

After waiting three weeks after Lily said they would refund my money, I wrote to Lilly on Monday to find out what's going on and have still not received a reply. 

So this morning I contacted my credit card company, and disputed the charge.  Lilly will now have to deal with Chase Bank...

UPDATE:  My refund from Lily just appeared in my PayPal account.  Now I have to contact my Credit Card company again...  (sigh)

and yes - I did receive the notification from DJI regarding the Mavic.  So long as they don't take seventeen months to deliver the product, I'll be happy. :)

Q~

Mavic shipping details (when you'd order now) currently shows:

Shipping estimation: Within December on a first come first served basis.

They've also added note about reversed Micro-USB cable:

The RC Cable (Reverse Micro-USB connector) is not included which is sold separately.

which kinda pisses me off as indeed I've noticed that only AFTER placing the order and when contacting DJI customer support they're extremely unhelpful and unable to add the cable to the current order. The advice was to cancel and re-order which would not only (after several days since ordering) put me in the back of the pre-order queue but also require additional funds available on my card to be able to pay for the whole new order. I must say that I was highly dissatisfied with this approach and such negative attitude towards their repeated customer :( :( :( :( 

On 10/19/2016 at 6:17 AM, HEC said:

Same here - Mavic plus another pre-order product for me :( But this is fairly known with DJI - hopefully it will be shipped and arrive at least by end of the next month ... :unsure:

AWESOME!!! :P My Mavic shipment is on the way via Fedex. November 3rd delivery. DJI stayed pretty true to its' delivery obligation and is only 2 weeks past due their promised date. LILY...did you hear this????

37 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

AWESOME!!! :P My Mavic shipment is on the way via Fedex. November 3rd delivery. DJI stayed pretty true to its' delivery obligation and is only 2 weeks past due their promised date. LILY...did you hear this????

Good news! As I've not ordered on the release date but about 3 - 4 days later I guess I'm still in the "queue" ...

8 hours ago, HEC said:

Good news! As I've not ordered on the release date but about 3 - 4 days later I guess I'm still in the "queue" ...

I may receive the Mavic sooner than you but I am sure you will surpass me when it comes to learning about all of its' idiosyncratic features!

Did you order just the Mavic or the upgrade with case and accessories? 

14 minutes ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

I don't plan on buying a Mavic, but I'd thought I'd post something here as it is apparently where all the Plus MembersTM  hang out.  Does anyone know who the fourth member is?

Your detective skills are slipping?

Yeah I gave that detective stuff up hence the new avatar.  I'm just a cute, yellow, pudgey minion now.  Less responsibility and higher chance of attracting cute chicks.  Okay gonna have to keep an eye peeled for that fourth member!

Hey did you know we can change our usernames once every 60 days?  I think @FLASH was Bjorn Borg or Happy DJ Bear or something like that before.

Oh oh I think I may have made a hasty, drunken username change decision... 60 days??? It was only 30 before!  I think...  Oh well reminds me ... gotta go make that appointment at the STD centre... 

EDIT:   People are not gonna understand fully what happened here, but I actually changed my username to HunkaHunkaBurningItch for a few moments there until John Euclist stepped in and used his moderator powahs to fix things.  Sorta anticlimactic if you ask me, but it was fun while it lasted.  :D

10 hours ago, HEC said:

I've opted for the Fly More combo ... ;)

Same here!

I did try to get the extended warranty as an after thought but was told I would need to register and purchase the plan after it arrives. I will then have 48 hours to purchase the plan.

One guy on another forum stated his arrived with a cracked case. He was told to just send it back. You could hear him both laughing and :crying:

4 hours ago, HEC said:

Envy! :thumbup: :dribble:

Ah...but  your skill set with drones is my envy. I use to fly RC helicopters and always crashed them. I turned to flying real helicopters and had 2 non pilot related crashes as well.:crying:

If you did not get the extended warranty and want to order it be sure to register online within 48 hours after receiving the Mavic. Yep, another $99.

Just received the email from DJI titled "Mavic Pro Shipping Update" with bellow text:

So IF I'm lucky I might receive it by Christmas or at least before the New Year!

:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: 

Dear DJI Customer,

We owe you an apology for our delays in delivering the new Mavic Pro. We want to thank you for your patience and also advise that we are looking into improving our order process and systems, based largely on your feedback.

When we announced Mavic Pro and began accepting pre-orders, we expected to deliver the first units in mid-October. However, ramping up production to full speed at top quality took longer than planned. Prior to our scheduled shipping target, we encountered an issue integrating a part into the Mavic Pro. We resolved that within a week. On top of that, the excitement for the Mavic Pro beat our expectations. As a result, we are working diligently to ramp up production to meet the higher-than-anticipated demand for the Mavic Pro.

We have been shipping for nearly two weeks, but even with round-the-clock production, we unfortunately cannot give specific delivery estimates for many orders moving through various global sales channels because of this demand. For Mavic Pro orders received before November 3, 2016, we will do our best to clear them all within the next seven to eight weeks.

Some of you waiting for your Mavic Pro also expressed concern about our immediate billing of pre-orders. We've heard you and are examining potential alternatives with our payment provider.

DJI exists to put amazing technology and innovation into your hands, and we're sorry it's taking so long with Mavic Pro. Our internal systems haven't kept up with the enormous demand for our products, and your enthusiasm for our newest offering is spurring us to improve. We appreciate your understanding and are doing everything we can to get Mavic Pro to you as quickly as possible.

Sincerely,

DJI

1 hour ago, HEC said:

ust received the email from DJI titled "Mavic Pro Shipping Update" with bellow text:

So IF I'm lucky I might receive it by Christmas or at least before the New Year!

:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: 

That sucks!! Sorry man!  @Questor ordered the Mavic at the same time I did. Wonder what the status of his order is? 

On 11/2/2016 at 0:28 AM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Okay okay you got it working in tracking mode.  More importantly - when are the sexy neighbour in lingerie videos gonna be posted up?  :dribble:

96b4854fe8.jpeg

You just did.:clap3: Congrats!  Now I don't have to go to jail! Thanks!:thumbup:

2 hours ago, Henrik Olsen said:

That is absolutely psychotic!! :w00t2: Almost a 250% profit!! I should have bought 10 of them!  :crying:

They are doing the same thing with the new Ford Raptor! Dealers are tacking on $5000 over cost!

Archived