The New Mavic Drone was released today!

Rehab1

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was one of the early crowd funders for the Lilly Camera...  It's production has been pushed back several times now for almost over almost a year, so when I saw that this Mavic came out I was interested.

So now I'm trying to get one Mavic drone into my shopping cart on both my desktop computer and my phone, and both are jammed up.  I think the DJI servers are being overloaded with requests.  I'll keep trying.

Q~

1 hour ago, Questor said:

WANT!!!

I tried to order one but the DJI site is overloaded...

Q~

This is one kick butt drone. I watched their corporate live stream announcement this morning. Everyone in the audience was applauding at each segment of the presentation. Then I tried ordering one and sure enough the site was overloaded!

1 hour ago, KingSong69 said:

nearly the same as "gopro karma", or?

It is suppose to be better. Time will tell. The people that have been waiting for the Lily Drone should ask for a refund immediately. The company is 15 months behind on their promised delivery date and  Lily does not have any collision avoidance like the Mavic. Lily corporate raised over 30 million on the Go Fund Me site. Not good!

41 minutes ago, Questor said:

I was one of the early crowd funders for the Lilly Camera...  It's production has been pushed back several times now for almost over almost a year, so when I saw that this Mavic came out I was interested.

So now I'm trying to get one Mavic drone into my shopping cart on both my desktop computer and my phone, and both are jammed up.  I think the DJI servers are being overloaded with requests.  I'll keep trying.

Q~

Can you get a refund from Lily? So far I made it to the shopping cart of the site but the loading portion of the cart is going no where. I plan to just let it keep loading with hopes I will move onto the 'payment' step.

22 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Can you get a refund from Lily? So far I made it to the shopping cart of the site but the loading portion of the cart is going no where. I plan to just let it keep loading with hopes I will move onto the 'payment' step.

I can probably get a refund.  I'm actually working with a guy who is good friends with the Lilly guys.

I'm on the same page at DJI.  I was able to add an item to my shopping cart, and got to the checkout, and then it crashed again.

Hey Rehab!  Stop clogging the DJI site!  :D

Q~

44 minutes ago, Questor said:

I can probably get a refund.  I'm actually working with a guy who is good friends with the Lilly guys.

I'm on the same page at DJI.  I was able to add an item to my shopping cart, and got to the checkout, and then it crashed again.

Hey Rehab!  Stop clogging the DJI site!  :D

Q~

Still clogging....I got through..well kind of.....DJI chat response:

Please contact me ASAP so I can place an order for the Mavic.

Liu joined the chat

Liu

We are reloading the system to handle the amount of orders. Sorry
We do not have a time frame for when it will be back up. We can only suggest that you keep trying as we are fixing it.
We have some retrying and they get in every now and then.

Bye for now. If you have any other questions, please feel free to come back and chat with us. Thank you.

Liu left the chat

15 minutes ago, Questor said:

I got though as well and completed my order.  The only problem is I accidentally ordered six...

So what is this thing again?

Q~

Let's see...6x $......OMG....well you can sell them on Ebay or give out as Christmas gifts. People are selling their Lily positions on Ebay for a hefty profit...at least for now

I have also canceled my Lilly pre-order.

The folks at Lilly must be really worried right now due to this DJI product launch.

Additionally,  Shares of GoPro fell 4.6% to $16.15 in afternoon trading Tuesday in New York.

DJI drops a bomb! BOOM!

Anybody want to buy my DJI Phantom with 2-way gimble?  I have extra propellers and battery packs as well.

Q~

On 9/27/2016 at 4:47 PM, Questor said:

I have also canceled my Lilly pre-order.

The folks at Lilly must be really worried right now due to this DJI product launch.

Additionally,  Shares of GoPro fell 4.6% to $16.15 in afternoon trading Tuesday in New York.

DJI drops a bomb! BOOM!

Anybody want to buy my DJI Phantom with 2-way gimble?  I have extra propellers and battery packs as well.

Q~

I had a feeling you would cancel. Wise choice!! Did they issue you a refund immediately? If even 50% of the customers cancel their orders (30,000) their will not be enough cash to continue. This could also have a direct impact on the Go Fund Me site! Who would ever trust another start company up on that site?

13 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

I had a feeling you would cancel. Wise choice!! Did they issue you a refund immediately? If even 50% of the customers cancel their orders (30,000) their will not be enough cash to continue. This could also have a direct impact on the Go Fund Me site! Who would ever trust another start company up on that site?

No reply from Lilly yet...

Q~

Update:  

I placed my pre-order for the Lilly camera May 5th, 2015.  I just received notification that they will issue me a credit.

I feel bad for the Lilly guys, but stringing people out for 15 months is just not a good business plan...

Q~

I recently bought Phantom P3 Advanced. Sent back for constant IMU errors and was told they replaced the mother board and sending it back to me.

Too bad Mavic is out now. Almost pre-ordered Lily back then but didn't. Feel bad for the Lily team. All those Lily's "amazing" features ( Follow me, POI, Selfies etc etc) are now common features on Mavic and Karma. 30 Million in funding is no small feat for non existing product. How do they compete with Mavic with no release date? I bet Mavic 2 will be out before Lily even come out of their shell. Would be very interesting to watch...

23 minutes ago, Planetpapi said:

I recently bought Phantom P3 Advanced. Sent back for constant IMU errors and was told they replaced the mother board and sending it back to me.

Too bad Mavic is out now. Almost pre-ordered Lily back then but didn't. Feel bad for the Lily team. All those Lily's "amazing" features ( Follow me, POI, Selfies etc etc) are now common features on Mavic and Karma. 30 Million in funding is no small feat for non existing product. How do they compete with Mavic with no release date? I bet Mavic 2 will be out before Lily even come out of their shell. Would be very interesting to watch...

Hopefully it is fixed to your satisfaction! 

Yes...major ouch for Lily! I have been on Mavic forums and they tell me DJI never meets their release dates but only in terms of a few weeks...month at most. Certainly not the 18 months Lily has taken advantage of. Oh the Lily boardroom must have been steaming when Mavic had their live conference announcement last week. I have not heard if @questor received his actual refund yet.

• 2 weeks later...

@QuestorI knew it was to good to be true! I just received this email from DJI. It appears their is delay shipping the Mavic :( No date has been set for delivery. Hopefully the outcome will be better than the Lily drone debacle:huh:

2 disappointments today!

Dear Customers,

We said at our Mavic Pro launch event that we would begin shipping in
mid-October. We’ve just passed that, and if you’re wondering where your
Mavic Pro is, we’d like to offer an update.

Since unveiling the Mavic Pro, we’ve had amazingly strong global demand. Production is in full swing, and we will be fulfilling orders as fast as we can.
If you have a DJI customer account, we’ll be sending you updates,
or you can check for new information in our online store http://store.dji.com/product/mavic-pro.

We thank you for your enthusiasm and patience and for being a DJI customer.

Best,
Adam Najberg
Global Director of Communication
DJI

Well, even though I have an E-mail from Lilly saying that they will refund my payment within 15 days, It's been 19 days, and nothing yet.  I have written to Lilly two days ago requesting an update, and still no reply.  I may have to contact my credit card company about this.  

Q~

Business 101 - never promise the moon and then don't deliver.  It just makes you look bad in front of clients and damages reputation.

Then again there are tactics that increase hype like what Nintendo does with some of their products.  Remember when the Wii first came out?  And their balance board?  They produced them in limited batches but not enough to meet demand so people went crazy tryng to get them since they created this exclusitivity and shortage of product.  The console interface was pretty novel for the time, but after a while it all gets old and others catch up.

Lily had a great PR commercial and promised great features, but it ended up more like vaporware in the end.  They might still release something at some point, but they've left a bad impression with all the delays.

59 minutes ago, Questor said:

Well, even though I have an E-mail from Lilly saying that they will refund my payment within 15 days, It's been 19 days, and nothing yet.  I have written to Lilly two days ago requesting an update, and still no reply.  I may have to contact my credit card company about this.  

Q~

Oh that sucks! I would contact your CC Card immediately! Did you get the same notification on the Mavic? 

27 minutes ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

Lily had a great PR commercial and promised great features, but it ended up more like vaporware in the end.  They might still release something at some point, but they've left a bad impression with all the delays.

I do not believe Lily will ever recover after being 18 months behind on delivery promises. The Mavic offers the same tracking feature as the Lily but without the bulky forearm transmitter and it also has obstacle avoidance technology where the Lily does not.  

I would rather buy from a proven company like DJI that has been around for years than a start up. Would love to be a fly on their boardroom wall.:ph34r:

15 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

2 disappointments today!

Same here - Mavic plus another pre-order product for me :( But this is fairly known with DJI - hopefully it will be shipped and arrive at least by end of the next month ... :unsure:

Archived