Hello guys!

I believe that ALOT of you guys pissed off by Mini's loud beeping. I decided not to wait for ninebot to  add "disable beeping"  feature in firmware (i believe they just never do this for "safety reasons" and moreover as i stick on 1.1.7 i will not update my app in any near future anyways) 

Soooo...

I think if i could find where is this loud-beeper located on a mini's mainboard, i could develop some 3d-printed "silencer" for it (i do not intend to destroy it, just to make it sound more QUIETLY) and not to ruin a warranty or do any structure change of electronics .

Can anyone of you guys point me to this beeper location? (i just don't want to disassembly my mini to the ground without a direction)

thanks in advance!

Edited by Alex Markin

OK for dismount all I think , like last week I need to restore my pads | I follow Speedy feet tutorial Video . This vidéo showing how to dismount and in the Mini all is assembled stretch , means I have to dismount front and rear light too before dismount pads , it's in the video , I think this video can help for dismount AILERON / Fine , 

@Alex Markin

Yes ! I'm Right first disassembly pads & light

I verified this video is Good at 7-mn 16 s You will see how to disassembly the Aileron / Fine

http://youtu.be/Bj3DFNyuIKo 

Edited by Jojo33A
  • Upvote 2

Hello friend, look all Mini inside is a compacted assembly of différents parts if you want remove one You must remove other before , you will see into videos / Speedy feet Video Is good for a step by step | Ninebot. Run Video Is more quickly but Very good because complete dersassembly

@Alex Markin

Please make a video tutorial or take photo ?

I guess my age means that I wouldn't want the beeper to sound any quieter at all - and I rely on it to regulate my speed to just under the leanback point.  I suspect (but I could be wrong, it has happened once or twice in my life) that not having a clear beeper would mean that, overall, you'd be a little bit slower on a journey.

• 6 months later...
On ‎02‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 4:54 AM, Alex Markin said:

Thanks, dudes!

i will try and report results to you

Did you ever manage to do this?  I would love to get access to my beeper too and add some foam to muffle the sound.  Getting access to the beeper seems like quite an elaborate process though.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, RooMiniPro said:

Remove 4 screws that hold in the blue connector (that looks a bit like a VGA monitor Connector)

IMG_7207.jpg

That's serial port connector (or CRT DE-9), the VGA D-sub 15 is 15-pin connector ;)

Nice guide! Thanks!

• Upvote 3

@RooMiniPro very good tutorial, well i worried to see something.... about your pad ,,, how did you replace your pads? 

because one time i remove my pads for clean and replace them by pressing on but it wasn't good, my riding was affected because the pad wasn't correctly placed (there's 3 level inside ...let's see video tutorial ;

3 hours ago, Vik's said:

That's serial port connector (or CRT DE-9), the VGA D-sub 15 is 15-pin connector ;)

Nice guide! Thanks!

I know, but most people won't know that, but everyone here should recognise vga connectors :)

1 hour ago, jojo33 said:

@RooMiniPro very good tutorial, well i worried to see something.... about your pad ,,, how did you replace your pads? 

because one time i remove my pads for clean and replace them by pressing on but it wasn't good, my riding was affected because the pad wasn't correctly placed (there's 3 level inside ...let's see video tutorial ;

I didn't remove the pads, just the plastic plates with the pads still attached. I hope that makes sense.

I just followed this tutorial. It worked great. I couldn't remove the battery tape without ruining it but everything else went smooth.  I won't lie, I was a little stressed out but I got it done.  I can't want to get out on a silent ride. WOOT. Thanks RooMiniPro!!

• Upvote 1

Oh the sweet sound of silence!! wow. This is easily a fantastic mod that makes a world of difference.  of course, now i fully expect a firmware update that allows the speak to be disabled or even the option to change the sounds lol

• Upvote 1

Silence is golden. I totally love every ride now.

Disclaimer: Anyone who decides to do this mod please understand that there may be risks such as not hearing low battery alerts and other alerts. Do this at your own risk.

• Upvote 1

On 4/13/2017 at 3:53 PM, RooMiniPro said:

Instead of trying to quieten my speaker by muffling it I just unplugged it entirely and I am loving my MiniPro so much more now.  Tiltback is perfectly sufficient to let me know I have reached the speed limiter.  I do not need an embarrassing/annoying BEEP BEEP BEEP all the time.

I would prefer beeps to tiltback.  It seems it would be fun to ride with it beeping and ignore them, whilst knowing you are close to the limit, than all of a sudden have a tiltback hit you in the face.  I like those videos where there is a lot of beeping like "slow down" , but they keep riding.  I would rather ride against the beeps than the tiltback.  I love the beeps and wish my Ninebot would beep more.  It makes me feel inadequate when I can't overpower the wheel enough to make it beep.  Maybe i need to downgrade to a lesser wheel, or start riding at insane speeds.

5 minutes ago, RooMiniPro said:

You love the beeps? Well to each their own!

I think @steve454 talking about Ninebot One. The beeps there are almost nonexistent and inaudible, - and certainly not that much pronounced as beeping on miniPro. In fact, they are just fine there.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Vik's said:

I think @steve454 talking about Ninebot One. The beeps there are almost nonexistent and inaudible, - and certainly not that much pronounced as beeping on miniPro. In fact, they are just fine there.

Oh I see.  I wish the MiniPro's beeps were about 30% of their current volume.  I may one day open mine up and reconnect the beeper and do a muffle mod instead, but for now I don't see a need for any beeping.  The MiniPro only goes a realistic sustainable top speed of 17kph and I never discharge my battery dangerously low.

• Upvote 3