How have you "freaked out" the public while riding your EUC?

Greg Spalding

One of my favorite things to do is to go up and down the bridges over the intracoastal waterway toward the beach and back where I live on the West Coast of Florida. Of course, there is a 2 1/2 feet tall cement wall that separates where I travel from the cars. I love to keep very still while I go up or down the brdige, while putting my arms out in front of me pretending that I am a robot flying and not moving my body whatsoever. I love to watch the faces of people as they drive by as the speed limit is only 30 miles an hour on the bridge wondering how I could possibly be traveling that way. It gives me great pleasure to do that.

What about you??

9 minutes ago, Greg Spalding said:

One of my favorite things to do is to go up and down the bridges over the intracoastal waterway toward the beach and back where I live on the West Coast of Florida. Of course, there is a 2 1/2 feet tall cement wall that separates where I travel from the cars. I love to keep very still while I go up or down the brdige, while putting my arms out in front of me pretending that I am a robot flying and not moving my body whatsoever. I love to watch the faces of people as they drive by as the speed limit is only 30 miles an hour on the bridge wondering how I could possibly be traveling that way. It gives me great pleasure to do that.

What about you??

1. Put hand on waist.

2. wave arm as if doing warm ups before serious sports.

3. Doing marshal art arm movement, TaiChi style.

4. Hold two library books, another hand in pocket. go to libray, stop EUC-ly. Take your EUC into library. I got a few girls asking to take selfies with them, and and bunch of "cool"s behind me.

I just outstretch my arms straight to the side, tilt my head up slightly, and do my "Jesus" roll...

gohistoric_20156_m.jpg

It also helps if you're wearing this get up:

5bd862aacb05001436f6632810948790.jpg

Then there was that one time that I got too rushed to go out for a ride and almost forgot to zip my fly up.  I think people would be looking at me for all the wrong reasons... :P

Pretty sure I did not freak them out or I would have been shot! They freaked me out!

As I was practicing in my complex police have stopped to visit me over the past 2 days. First was a pretty lady officer. She stayed in her patrol car while we chatted asking about my V5F. Her last words to me "don't fall!" Maybe I should have layed  the wheel down.:)

Yesterday was a male officer who first just parked his squad car and watched. As I turned the wheel around at the end of the parking lot he had positioned his car directly in the middle with his car facing me. Oh boy...I approached his car cautiously. At first I had no idea what he wanted.  He then slowly opened the door and got out and  asked "what the heck is that" and "I have never seen one of those before!"  I still freak out about cops.:wacko:

27 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

I still freak out about cops.:wacko:

Ha ha - once you'll get V8 I can design you a nice "Police car" side LED blinking pattern :D I've spent first night playing with those (was then tired like hell at work next day). Those lights definitely turn a lot of heads!

54 minutes ago, HEC said:

Ha ha - once you'll get V8 I can design you a nice "Police car" side LED blinking pattern :D I've spent first night playing with those (was then tired like hell at work next day). Those lights definitely turn a lot of heads!

Nice!!? If you have some unique light sequences you don't mind sharing that would be great!

That was my next question! How is the V8? All you can ask for and more?? I hate learning curves! 1,2,3... Charge it, jump on it and ride! Any strange idiosyncrasies I should be aware of?

It is not arriving until Thurday. Then I still have to hide it... Just ask @HunkaHunkaBurningLove?

16 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

That was my next question! How is the V8? All you can ask for and more?? I hate learning curves! 1,2,3... Charge it, jump on it and ride! Any strange idiosyncrasies I should be aware of?

Well V8 is Beauty & The Beast! The look is gorgeous - no picture can justify it - both with LEDs off and on. It's so far the wheel with hardest riding mode I've tested (and I prefer that) but gets a bit to use to it coming from softer KS-16. It's Silent, firm and slick comparing to any other wheels I've tested or seen until now. Surprisingly the most "hated" feature - the atmosphere light - is most fun! I can play designing new patterns at home, in train and so on and test them right away. I've made dozen already and once you get hang of it it's great feature. Currently though its not possible to share DIY light designs via the app but hopefully IM will add such option. Until then you can only take a screenshots or video of the setup screens. I've tried to poke around the mobile phone app folders if by any chance the design file could be grabbed from there but no luck so far.

So as long as you prefer hard ride modes you should be ok - the wheel is extremely responsive and powerful enough to whizz me up the long steep hill without sweat. I see no difference in the power from KS-16 but indeed it has lower range due to the smaller battery so I need to adjust my leisure rides accordingly. Also the battery level indicator is not that easy to see in the sunlight (while standing on the wheel) but that's just a minor niggle ... ;) 

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

It is not arriving until Thurday

@Rehab1 can't wait to get your impressions of the differences between the Ninebot, V5F+ and the V8 and please list likes and dislikes of all three.  Am still thinking of getting a V5F+ but would like more comparisons to Ninebot.  For instance, you said the V5F+ tilts forward when overload protection kicks in, does it slow you down first or all of a sudden tilt forward or slowly tilt forward?

1 hour ago, HEC said:

Surprisingly the most "hated" feature - the atmosphere light - is most fun! I can play designing new patterns at home, in train and so on and test them right away. I've made dozen already and once you get hang of it it's great feature. Currently though its not possible to share DIY light designs via the app but hopefully IM will add such option. 

I am actually looking forward to that feature! Not sure why people hate it. I have outdoor computerized flood lights at my home and it is fun playing around with all of the different light scenes and colors especially around Halloween and Christmas. On the light design sharing, maybe Jason can place a suggestion in Inmotion's ear.

1 hour ago, HEC said:

So as long as you prefer hard ride modes you should be ok - the wheel is extremely responsive and powerful enough to whizz me up the long steep hill without sweat

Sounds like my V5F+. Going from the NB1 to the V5 was a transition. Thanks!

1 hour ago, HEC said:

Well V8 is Beauty & The Beast! The look is gorgeous - no picture can justify it - both with LEDs off and on. It's so far the wheel with hardest riding mode I've tested (and I prefer that) but gets a bit to use to it coming from softer KS-16. It's Silent, firm and slick comparing to any other wheel I've tested or seen until now. Surprisingly the most "hated" feature - the atmosphere light - is most fun! I can play designing new patterns at home, in train and so on and test them right away. I've made dozen already and once you get hang of it it's great feature. Currently though its not possible to share DIY light designs via the app but hopefully IM will add such option. Until then you can only take a screenshots or video of the setup screens. I've tried to poke around the mobile phone app folders if by any chance the design file could be grabbed from there but no luck so far.

So as long as you prefer hard ride modes you should be ok - the wheel is extremely responsive and powerful enough to whizz me up the long steep hill without sweat. I see no difference in the power from KS-16 but indeed it has lower range due to the smaller battery so I need to adjust my leisure rides accordingly. Also the battery level indicator is not that easy to see in the sunlight (while standing on the wheel) but that's just a minor niggle ... ;) 

I cannot tell you how much I appreciate this post because as you may remember I am deciding now between the KS-16 and the V8...

Your thoughts on the matter would be the most important to me

As always, thank you in advance and I do hope they find a way for you to share those fantastic atmospheric patterns for the V8

1 hour ago, steve454 said:

@Rehab1 can't wait to get your impressions of the differences between the Ninebot, V5F+ and the V8 and please list likes and dislikes of all three.  Am still thinking of getting a V5F+ but would like more comparisons to Ninebot.  For instance, you said the V5F+ tilts forward when overload protection kicks in, does it slow you down first or all of a sudden tilt forward or slowly tilt forward?

You would never be disappointed with the V5F+! The slow tilt safety feature Inmotion incorporated into the wheel worked perfectly! I was doing some hard forward/reverses for 15-20 minutes. She was just tired and hot. The woman's voice politely told me of an overload and then she slowly tilted the wheel forward to about 45 degrees. No issues at all. I wish my wife was as gentle?

I gave my 11 yr old grandson his first lesson today on the NB1. I demonstrated a sharp turn on the NB and embarrassingly scraped the pedal. You can turn the V5F+ on a dime as the pedals are over 2.5 cm higher.

When the V8 arrives next week as it is secretly delivered to a FedEx office I plan to give it a whirl. You will likely obtain comparisons  from others first as another wheel at my house is going to be a sore subject and any riding I do initially will need to be done in stealth mode ?

Rehab rehab rehab.... :rolleyes:. Keeping these EUC mistresses secret can lead to no good.  Women always find out.  Look what happened to Heisenberg in "Breaking Bad."   One day it's a secret EUC delivery the next you'll be selling EUCs out of an old class A motorhome down by the river...

Is there rehab for EUC addiction?

59 minutes ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

Rehab rehab rehab.... :rolleyes:. Keeping these EUC mistresses secret can lead to no good.  Women always find out.  Look what happened to Heisenberg in "Breaking Bad."   One day it's a secret EUC delivery the next you'll be selling EUCs out of an old class A motorhome down by the river...

You have a way with words and keeping a smile on my face?  EUC Addiction....nah... Keeping one's sanity sounds better. My thief secretary gets out of prison next week so the timing of the V8 arrival could not be better?

14 minutes ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

that's awesome

LOVE the idea of "EUC Rehab"

LOVE this song.... no matter how SAD the HORRIBLE meaning turned out to be

i miss amy... she was a great talent

27 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

You would never be disappointed with the V5F+! The slow tilt safety feature Inmotion incorporated into the wheel worked perfectly! I was doing some hard forward/reverses for 15-20 minutes. She was just tired and hot. The woman's voice politely told me of an overload and then she slowly tilted the wheel forward to about 45 degrees. No issues at all. I wish my wife was as gentle?

I gave my 11 yr old grandson his first lesson today on the NB1. I demonstrated a sharp turn on the NB and embarrassingly scraped the pedal. You can turn the V5F+ on a dime as the pedals are over 2.5 cm higher.

When the V8 arrives next week as it is secretly delivered to a FedEx office I plan to give it a whirl. You will likely obtain comparisons  from others first as another wheel at my house is going to be a sore subject and any riding I do initially will need to be done in stealth mode ?

a great post

happy you added it here

thank you

3 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

as another wheel at my house is going to be a sore subject and any riding I do initially will need to be done in stealth mode ?

I know what that feels like, only with RC planes ... it's hard as heck to smuggle those five-to-seven-feet long cartons in secret.

1 hour ago, mhpr262 said:

I know what that feels like, only with RC planes ... it's hard as heck to smuggle those five-to-seven-feet long cartons in secret.

I speak from experience here: she'll only notice if it is a very different colour!

7 hours ago, steve454 said:

In my experience it tilts forward if you are tilting backward when the protection kicks in. If you are practicing a lot of agressive movements you will slowly heat it up over maybe 10 minutes depending on weight, ambient temperature etc. If you then brake one time too much and too hard or you are going backwards when it overheats it will slowly tilt forward. Otherwise if it overheats when going forward it should tilt back to slow you down. I had it happen both ways after some hard agressive practicing and it tilted in the opposite direction as it should. Anyway it's done in the safest manner possible, I was not expecting it at all when it first happened but it safely slowed me down and stopped me.

8 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

idiosyncrasies

haven't seen anyone use this Greek word in a sentence for like, never! :o what pushed you to write it?

On 9/24/2016 at 6:41 AM, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

I just outstretch my arms straight to the side, tilt my head up slightly, and do my "Jesus" roll...

gohistoric_20156_m.jpg

It also helps if you're wearing this get up:

5bd862aacb05001436f6632810948790.jpg

Then there was that one time that I got too rushed to go out for a ride and almost forgot to zip my fly up.  I think people would be looking at me for all the wrong reasons... :P

I laughed so hard i woke up my kid :P 

10 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Pretty sure I did not freak them out or I would have been shot! They freaked me out!

As I was practicing in my complex police have stopped to visit me over the past 2 days. First was a pretty lady officer. She stayed in her patrol car while we chatted asking about my V5F. Her last words to me "don't fall!" Maybe I should have layed  the wheel down.:)

Yesterday was a male officer who first just parked his squad car and watched. As I turned the wheel around at the end of the parking lot he had positioned his car directly in the middle with his car facing me. Oh boy...I approached his car cautiously. At first I had no idea what he wanted.  He then slowly opened the door and got out and  asked "what the heck is that" and "I have never seen one of those before!"  I still freak out about cops.:wacko:

Lot's of police at your place, why is that?

I'm curious why do so many people seem to prefer really stiff riding modes?  When i switched to the KS16 it was way stiffer than the solowheel i used before it and after a while of riding both i definitely think the solowheel is too loose but still like some softness in the ride.

3 hours ago, nomad said:

I had it happen both ways after some hard agressive practicing and it tilted in the opposite direction as it should. Anyway it's done in the safest manner possible, I was not expecting it at all when it first happened but it safely slowed me down and stopped me.

Thank you, that's good to know.

5 hours ago, Keith said:

I speak from experience here: she'll only notice if it is a very different colour!

Suppose I could cancel the light mode at first....No, no, no....what fun would that be? ? She knows I like to experiment with lighting effects so maybe draping Christmas lights over the V5F+ shell and riding over 100 yards away might pass. She is a smart lady!

5 hours ago, Lefteros (SomniusX) said:

Lot's of police at your place, why is that?

No special reason. Complex is on a busy road so any passing traffic can see anything going on in the lot.

13 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Sounds like my V5F+. Going from the NB1 to the V5 was a transition. Thanks!

I've tested V5F+ only briefly but I'd say for you V8 will feel exactly the same just with a bit more "oomph" so there should be minimum adjustment required for any current / past V5F riders.

Archived