Can't turn off speed limit

diegoborgh

I just got my Ninebot one E+, and after I installed the app I upgraded the firmware to 1.4.

Everything was fine until I decided to try speed limit on, I noticed right away when I was getting faster there was some beeping followed by the pedals starting to tilt upwards.

After that I turned off the speed limit option, but it still get the same thing. It can't go faster than 10 mph without pedals starting to tilt. 

How can I solve this? Is there a way top reset to factory settings?

I'm not sure how to reset factory settings, other than resetting BlueTooth Code, but MAYBE that will help?  Did you turn off Speed Limit, then turn off the wheel and turn back on?  Sorry to ask, just making sure.

You can also try this, but again, not sure if it will help:

14 hours ago, diegoborgh said:

It can't go faster than 10 mph without pedals starting to tilt. 

@diegoborgh that's weird, the speed limiter on my Ninebot one E+ only goes up to >6.2 mph and it won't let me go over 7mph for more than a few seconds before slowing me down.  I wish mine could be set to 10 mph sometimes, although the fastest I have gone while looking at the speedometer was 14.7mph and that felt too fast for safety.

You could try uninstalling and reinstalling the app, it may have gone buggy.  Problem with that is, you have to set up a new account or user name.  I did that once, think it was the same problem with the speed limiter not long after I got the Bot, it was kind of a hassle to reinstall the app.  It might resolve itself by riding until you reach a certain mileage, that might turn off the speed limiter.  

Try to get over 10 or 20 miles total and see if that unlocks higher speed, I know on the minipro the speed limiter is not unlocked until you achieve a certain number of kilometers, it's a safety feature.

Let us know how it goes:)

it automatically UNlocks extra speed... sound like your wheel BELIEVES it has LESS BATTERY POWER than it does and that is why it is limiting your speed

however, like the miniPRO... you can TURN "ON" a speed limited in the app to ANY speed you want, essentially.... are you SURE that isn't checked?

Hey guys,

that you so much for your help. I lifted up three times and that seems to have removed the speed limit. It was off in the app.

I was doing a test with the app in hand and the speedometer turns red at about 12 mph and I get the beeping at 14.5 mph and it seems to cap at that speed in the speedometer. (testing on an empty parking lot at night)

Also, @steve454 I made a mistake on my description, it wasn't 10 mph, it was 10  kmh, or 6.2 mph. My bad.

Do you know if it can go faster or that's it?

Thanks again!

5 hours ago, diegoborgh said:

Also, @steve454 I made a mistake on my description, it wasn't 10 mph, it was 10  kmh, or 6.2 mph. My bad.

Do you know if it can go faster or that's it?

@diegoborgh I wish the speed limiter could be set faster than 6.2 mph but if it can I don't know how.  But you have given me the idea to submit that on the app feedback.

7 hours ago, FORWARD california said:

Try turning the unit on and lifting it up letting the wheel spin until it starts beeping then turn it off. Repeat this 3 times. Ninebot inc told me that this resets the unit to the factory settings. Use caution when doing this.

That's a new one I never knew.  Thank you!

13 hours ago, FORWARD california said:

Try turning the unit on and lifting it up letting the wheel spin until it starts beeping then turn it off. Repeat this 3 times. Ninebot inc told me that this resets the unit to the factory settings. Use caution when doing this.

Good one! Thanks.

16 hours ago, diegoborgh said:

I lifted up three times and that seems to have removed the speed limit. It was off in the app.

@diegoborgh that's good news!  Glad to see you have your full speed back.  Did resetting the wheel erase the total mileage and hours?  Or change anything else that you noticed?  Did it change the firmware version or app version?:ph34r::o

3 hours ago, steve454 said:

@diegoborgh that's good news!  Glad to see you have your full speed back.  Did resetting the wheel erase the total mileage and hours?  Or change anything else that you noticed?  Did it change the firmware version or app version?:ph34r::o

Everything seems to be the same except I can go faster now :)

• 2 years later...
25 minutes ago, Vik's said:

@Dai Morgan, just take it outside already and turn the limiter off of course! :) It won't kill you! The tiltback feels much worse with speed limiter on.

Haha! Just did and survived! First time I have ever ridden 5k without stopping. 

All the way from the house along the seafront and back! 

Just discovered that my biggest issue riding it was the limiter! Happy times ahead! 

Screenshot_20190203-172754_Maps.jpg

Archived