Msuper V3 real range?

I got around 33km from full charge to less than 20% on the battery (820wh).

Had to ride below 20kph the last 3 km to prevent the beeping.   

It was windy conditions and 22C ambient and I'm around 95kg. 

I was riding close the 30kph most of the time, with a few breaks in between.  

What ranges are you getting on your V3?

This seems short to me, as I would get close to 50km om my KS16 - 840wh

14202831_10154563745477431_298390722_o.jpg

Your MSuper3 is a 820 Wh ?

It would be fine to know how many Wh you can refill, with a ChargeDoctor, and by deduction, your consumption for one kilometer...

For example, I know (now!) that I globaly need 13.9 Wh for each kilometer with my MSuper2, my use, and my weight (an average on the last thousand of kilometers), so I shall be able to compare, just doing the same easy test on a MSuper3.

1 hour ago, Henrik Olsen said:

I got around 33km from full charge to less than 20% on the battery (820wh).

Had to ride below 20kph the last 3 km to prevent the beeping.   

It was windy conditions and 22C ambient and I'm around 95kg. 

I was riding close the 30kph most of the time, with a few breaks in between.  

What ranges are you getting on your V3?

This seems short to me, as I would get close to 50km om my KS16 - 840wh

Were you riding at the same speed on your KS16? Remember that air resistance (and thus energy required to move your wheel forward) is proportional to the square of velocity of the air moving past your body. For example, going 30kph vs 20kph will have a huge effect on the battery life of your wheel.

So when comparing ranges between different wheels, remember to always ride at the same speed and wind conditions. Otherwise the numbers will be near meaningless.

boy, oh, boy!

did you all espect the V3 to use the same watthour while you are riding with it about 5-10 kmh faster?

surely not!

i get about a 40km of my v3 when riding fast at about 25-35kmh!(100kg)

when riding around 20kmh it are for sure 10-15km more

We repeated the range test yesterday and got more mileage this time. 40.5 km and still around 20% left.

Increased the tire pressure to 41psi and changed the ridin mode to comfort. I think changing the ride mode,  help the to reduce the energy consumption as it does not need regulate as often.  

Temperature was lower this time,  but wind around the same. 

11 minutes ago, Henrik Olsen said:

We repeated the range test yesterday and got more mileage this time. 40.5 km and still around 20% left.

Increased the tire pressure to 41psi and changed the ridin mode to comfort. I think changing the ride mode,  help the to reduce the energy consumption as it does not need regulate as often.  

that goes absolute with my experiences....if you have a very high average temperature it goes down...

From feeling i would say it consumes a bit more as my KS18 1200W....which makes sense....and which i found "power hungry" before :-) now there is a new King in town beside the batterie needed ;-)

5 hours ago, Henrik Olsen said:

I'd still expect a few more Km on full charge. Might be good to run together with KS-16 with someone of similar weight and see ... ;) 

15 minutes ago, HEC said:

I'd still expect a few more Km on full charge. Might be good to run together with KS-16 with someone of similar weight and see ... ;) 

I have driven the Ks16, 18 and v3 ....

ks18 and v3 definitly consume more power than the Ks16, with v3 the most! In the end this makes sense, more nominal power, more watthour needed.

i have no side by side scientific comparsion, but i would say for my 100kg and a 820/840wh it is about that range and relation:

Ks16 50-55km

ks18 40-45km

v3 35-40km

1 minute ago, noisycarlos said:

It also might have to do with the Super having a bigger motor and being a bit heavier than the KS16.

on my weight with 100kg, the 1,5 kg which the v3 is heavier, will be 1,5% more :-) the Ks18 is even 2,5 kg more than v3....

i mean its clear...800watt for the ks16, 1200 watt for the ks18, and 1500watt -nominal- for the v3...

for sure this more power will need more watthours, what else should happen?

1 hour ago, KingSong69 said:

i mean its clear...800watt for the ks16, 1200 watt for the ks18, and 1500watt -nominal- for the v3...

for sure this more power will need more watthours, what else should happen?

That's IMO a wrong assumption as you don't drive on full power all the time. At the same cruising speed the consumption shall be about the same (assuming there are no large differences in the motors efficiency) - roughly 350 - 400W at speeds between 20 and 25 Km/h. So the more likely explanation would be that the high speed motors in KS-18 and V3 are much less efficient at lower speeds. But this was already hinted in earlier discussions here about 84V version and that's why many of us would prefer 84V model with lower speed but higher torque and most of all higher efficiency at "lower" / normal cruising speeds. It's kinda waste of money / such large battery is the 1600 Wh model of V3 can barely reach 80 Km range :( 

12 hours ago, HEC said:

That's IMO a wrong assumption as you don't drive on full power all the time. At the same cruising speed the consumption shall be about the same (assuming there are no large differences in the motors efficiency) - roughly 350 - 400W at speeds between 20 and 25 Km/h. So the more likely explanation would be that the high speed motors in KS-18 and V3 are much less efficient at lower speeds. But this was already hinted in earlier discussions here about 84V version and that's why many of us would prefer 84V model with lower speed but higher torque and most of all higher efficiency at "lower" / normal cruising speeds. It's kinda waste of money / such large battery is the 1600 Wh model of V3 can barely reach 80 Km range :( 

but thats how it is...my Ks14 takes at about 200-250 watt while 20kmh cruising without leaning in the wheel while the Ks18 is more on the 300-350wh side!

i would compare that to cars with 80horsepowers at 100kmh and a 350horsepower car at 100kmh....when they take this more power by more cubikcentimeters the gasoline consumption on the 350ps car will be higher.

so how are the more Watts by our wheels generated? more/bigger windings? no clue...but this more poweruse for me is a fact i observed more than once between ks14 and 18...seeiing it on the batterie information screen with generated watt and amps on the app. On the v3 unfortunatly i can not see this info, as the gw app is completly crap.

Archived