Gotway MSuper V3 Review, transformed to 1160WH!

US69

Ok  E-Unicyclers,

yesterday i received my MSuper V3 820wh! I have only done 8km so far, but i would like to share my first impressions/thoughts of the wheel so far!

Perhaps later i will go into detailed Review, with a full comparison to the KS18 1200W.

Again, this are only first thoughts! You also have to see, that i owned KS14,16,18 before and driven some other Wheel, so that i am a Little bit "spoiled".....

- I ordered the wheel from the aliexpress Seller "Rockwheel"....as always stunning fast delivered. From click to ringing at my doorbell 12 days! Good Price with Discount!

- Packaging:

Ok, the original GW-Box was just wrapped in yellow/Brown tape. Could have been better in a second box....

- Extra's:

Gotway Gloves :-) and a Luxury! Chinese-to-All-Europe wall plug adapter

- Wheel-Quality-First Look:

Gotway's Quality Control seems to be Non existent....Like @OliverH my both Ankle pads have been smaked on a wheel, like someone wants to upset you or make fun ...I really dont understand that...it is a max 30second thing, to put this 3M Stickers on the wheel in a perfect shape?!

- Pedals:

Nice Big Pedals with a very rough grip tape and rubber inserts-the best of two worlds :-) But: The pedal rattles! Other than KS which is working with a metal spring, the peddles on the V3 are relativly loose and have some Play. Beside from the Little rattle and Play: Best pedals i have ever seen on a wheel!

Shell:

The Body is black glossy finish, but the mounted sides are matte Grey! i personally like the red Details! The Charge port is a miss-Construction in my eyes! It is so prominent on the upper side, one Crash with a wheel rollover and you are in Trouble with your bent Charge port. It would be way better it it was recessed...

But so far: I like the Looks and the used plastic seams to be more on the stable side (like KS14,18 plastic), not this ABS from MsuperV2 which was way to brittle and cracked easily

Lights:

The front lights are more that you can be  seen, they are just about 20-25% of brightness of what the KS18 lights are, which are really useful in darkness. So a Little bit to weak on the V3. The rear lights work as Batterie indicator with 5 leds if you stand still. Nice!!!

When you drive, they seam to Show the direction(left-right) your wheel is leaning...have to observe that more :-)

App:

I am using the IOS app. Some have said the IOS app is much better than Android......Really???

Then i am asking myself how a app can be more worse than this IOS app :-) The Speed Display, the temperature, the Batterie...jumping on/off like crazy.....If you choose tiltback Setting or Alarm on/off Setting or drive mode....you can only guess on which mode/Setting you are in the moment! There are no hooks or marks showing you that.....

Drive modes:

You might think i criticize to much, but all the things up/above there are just nitpicky things,which mean nearly nothing to me. Here is a Point that really disappoints me a  bit:

I have driven MCM2s and MCM3 from Gotway. The MCM2s is brick hard in madden mode, the MCM3 not so much, but still hard. The MSuperV3 in madden mode is......soft :-( , ok, not soft, but it is not as hard as the hardest mode on my KS18. It just gives me a Little to much of Play if i lean in, and i first have to get used to this...

Now the most important: Performance over-All:

My KS18 i called "the tank"....a good synonym for the V3 out of my sight -until now- would be "The Ferrari" or "The Kawa(saki)"...

Another comparison would be to see the KS18 as "Honda Goldwing" and the V3 as "Moto Guzzi"

While the KS18 1200 Watt is a Kind of "sluggish" and Needs some time till it's unfolding his complete -massive- power, the V3 has this power there directly!

This machine is a beast, i would say it has more torque than all other wheels i have tried before!

Otherwise: It is different....it is for me as KS18 rider, more Feeling than an 16" wheel, cause it is much more agile and easier to move on a Point/small room.

That also brings the "negativ" of not beeing so stable as the KS18, as the KS18 is more leaning to your knee.

So while i would say, the V3 is more powerfull, and faster acceleration than the KS18, i also feel like overleaning the V3 is easier. It is hard to describe, on the KS18 i feel like i can not overlean, so stable it is, while on the V3 i am a bit afraid to lean in massive....But this can come from the softness of the drive mode and perhaps later go away as i get more used to it!!!

Conclusion:

I am happy that i bought this wheel! It seams to be a beast...i love the power of the wheel, and will certainly get more used to it

If there are some questions left out....feel free to ask!

From time to time i will update this thread, if i find out new things, for example i will take a look into the wheel, to see the board and the Installation Quality!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for writing this up interesting read! I also got my musper v3 today from the same seller as you but havnt yet had chance to ride it. I agree 100% that the app is terrible im on ios too. I actually came here looking for an unofficial alternative. It doesnt look like the current app even saves data like distanced traveled etc. If you manage to find something better let me know and i will do the same

This wheel is certainly on my radar to buy soon

the lack of perceived quality control scares me living in the US, for obvious reasons

i should just get over that feeling, i suppose

at 85 kg i need a wheel like this

i appreciate KingSong69's review above i hope that vdubers will do the same very soon

congrats to both of you and please report back often. 

Great review. I have this wheel myself, and I agree on most of this. My pedals rattles too, I guess it is just how it is. It does not rattle when riding, only when letting the pedals down. Quality seems good - but not as good as Ninebot One E plus, which is my only other reference wheel. Power is great, and handling is also great - but it took some time for me to get used to the massive feeling of this wheel. 

Speedyfeet has a video review on youtube, I watched this yesterday. A long but very good review where he points out things he finds out as he go. I noticed that terrible IOS app, and he commented it as well. I am using android, and the app I found at keybe.com was not good either. I got hold of a newer one later (from Linnea, Gotway), and that app works a lot better. My speed and battery meter does not jump up and down - but it did not on the first version either. But, same thing with selecting different things - you can not see what you have selected - only get a "send success" message, after selecting. So - far from great - but it works ok. :-)

small update after first commute :-)

wheel after 5 km on gravel...my trousers look the same...definitly need to do a water/dust fender like on my ks18:

GYdaYD1.jpg

here my wheel family:

oCZCuxD.jpg

Updates on the review:

trolley:

this one is def. to short!!! also its more on the low quality size! no button for the half and full out...very flimsy! not to compare with KS16 integrated trolley...but much better than none :-)

Fender:

I have to install one, thats for sure! from behind everything goes onto clothes and wheel....but thats the design!

my first commute: Powerful wheel, like it a lot! Mix of powerful18 with 16 agility...

speed: been on about 34 kmh....the app sucks....today have been here 30degree C....the wheel got up to 48degree, hot? i dont know, lets see when its colder!

to the rattling: no, its does not while wheeling!

but i have some "gnarcs" from the wheel from the plastic and my weight, but after some km they where gone...

5 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

<snip>

App:

I am using the IOS app. Some have said the IOS app is much better than Android......Really???

Then i am asking myself how a app can be more worse than this IOS app :-) The Speed Display, the temperature, the Batterie...jumping on/off like crazy.....If you choose tiltback Setting or Alarm on/off Setting or drive mode....you can only guess on which mode/Setting you are in the moment! There are no hooks or marks showing you that.....

<snip>

My primary app is the Android version (for my phone). But I have an iTouch, so I can use the IOS app too.   The Android version has the same limitations as the IOS app, as you've pointed out, but it looks much worse.

So yeah, it's possible to have a worse app than the IOS version.

Gotway really has to put some more effort into their app and not have various versions floating around there. It's like you need to hunt around for the 'good' version of the app. Lame.

31 minutes ago, DS said:

Where is your KS16?

Good reviews by the way...GotWay69 :D:P

it never made it to Germany :-( because of the restrictions... 

but as the Thai Guys sold it for an reasonable (asian) price for me....i had a nice wheel for my holidays for small money...and a never beaten experience of meeting  a nice wheeler group!

oh...have to change my signature ;-)

another Small riding/performance upgrade day 2:

while this wheel has unbelievable power for accelaration, in braking it is a little bit lacking!

Here we are again with the KS18 comparison: the KS18 seams to have the more hightorque windings and so better braking...but not as much power as the V3...so not so fast accelaration!

While this is all "guessing" i could not describe it better....both wheels feel different torquewise....if i did not know it better, i would say, its a different gear set

hopefully, there will be a HIGH-TORQUE version at some point to address this poor braking (relatively speaking) issue

because traveling > 30 kph is quite dangerous begin able to harness all this new power for torque more than speed would sell many more units i suppose

riding around at 30+ kph with LESS braking doesn't sound very appealing to me, at all

1 hour ago, Greg Spalding said:

hopefully, there will be a HIGH-TORQUE version at some point to address this poor braking (relatively speaking) issue

because traveling > 30 kph is quite dangerous begin able to harness all this new power for torque more than speed would sell many more units i suppose

riding around at 30+ kph with LESS braking doesn't sound very appealing to me, at all

i do not think they will sell a HT version...why? i believe the only wanted versions of v2 have been middle and high speed...

And as far as i know all these motors/windings are  done by hand-manmade...at least the KS are! so there has to be a certain amount of pre-orders or safe sells before gotway will do this....seams in the moment they are going for a 84 volt version, with even more speed...as that is what the most people want...but we will see

btw.: i did not say the braking is bad in any ways...its just less than on the Ks18

Just now, KingSong69 said:

i do not think they will sell a HT version...why? i believe the only wanted versions of v2 have been middle and high speed...

And as far as i know all these motors/windings are  done by hand-manmade...at least the KS are! so there has to be a certain amount of pre-orders or safe sells before gotway will do this....seams in the moment they are going for a 84 volt version, with even more speed...as that is what the most people want...but we will see

btw.: i did not say the braking is bad in any ways...its just less than on the Ks18

i appreciate your thoughts and that clarification on the braking

for me..... it's the KS-16 or the Inmotion V8

down to those 2

need to decide ASAP

can't go wrong with either, i suppose but that bigger battery on the KS makes me happy

of course, the V8 is the "latest and greatest" to many, i suppose

down to those 2

need to decide ASAP

can't go wrong with either, i suppose but that bigger battery on the KS makes me happy

i would go for the Ks16...great wheel!

v8 has -for me- not enough batterie! 

As i'm currently in Paris I said hello at Eroue. They had a MSuperV3 in display. Looked very beautiful and the ankle rubber pads were glued in perfectly. Also the demo unit for test rides. I managed not to make a test ride to prevent instantly to buy it ;) I saw some guys riding it with a big big smile in their faces.

This french EUC boutiques are amazing.

down to those 2

need to decide ASAP

Gotway ACM? Much more power, better way how it brings the performance to the street (the kind of sensitivty). If you've the chance ride a KS16 against an ACM. The good thing on the KS16 is the handle bar. I can give you a more KS16 vs. ACM report if I'm at home again.

55 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

i would go for the Ks16...great wheel!

v8 has -for me- not enough batterie! 

that's exactly what I thought

thank you

44 minutes ago, OliverH said:

This french EUC boutiques are amazing.

how i wish we had such places in the US

that would be amazing and would help so much getting more more americans to join the EUC Community

41 minutes ago, OliverH said:

Gotway ACM? Much more power, better way how it brings the performance to the street (the kind of sensitivty). If you've the chance ride a KS16 against an ACM. The good thing on the KS16 is the handle bar. I can give you a more KS16 vs. ACM report if I'm at home again.

i would love to hear your report on that comparison

so many feel the ACM is still a "work in progress" to make it a viable alternative to the KS16

i know i would be happy with any that would have enough power to carry my 85kg frame

it's just that where i live (as in most places) there is no repair center, etc

reliability is of my utmost concern so that my wheel will be in my possession and not have to travel back somewhere to be fixed

15 hours ago, Greg Spalding said:

i would love to hear your report on that comparison

so many feel the ACM is still a "work in progress" to make it a viable alternative to the KS16

i know i would be happy with any that would have enough power to carry my 85kg frame

it's just that where i live (as in most places) there is no repair center, etc

reliability is of my utmost concern so that my wheel will be in my possession and not have to travel back somewhere to be fixed

i can not report for the ACM...but as i know the V3 has the same motor aand same board as the ACM...

i also owned a KS16 for about 4 weeks!

i am 100kg and the Ks16, 18 and v3 are ALL good for heavier riders!

the main and only! thing the KS16 is lacking...is max speed in comparison to the V3/ACM...which by the way is 30kmh and i would never recommend to go higher at all!

ALL other things, like ridequality, buildquality, accesoires on the wheel like trolleys, lights, apps.etc etc -> Gotway is definitly the looser! Also i can not confirm Oliver, that the KS16 has the bader/unsmoother ride..especially not since fw 1.22 on the KS....i for myself see it more otherwise....my V3 has one problem, that is also confirmed by speedyfeet and also mentioned by a lot ACM riders:  A play in the wheeL/motor that lets u feel like the ride mode is soft...it is not so soft at all, but the motor has a play of 1-2 cm when balancing on the point...you feel that when pushing it by hand and  unfortunatly you feel that also when riding....

a experienced rider gets used to that, but that has to be mentioned!

18 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

i can not report for the ACM...but as i know the V3 has the same motor aand same board as the ACM...

i also owned a KS16 for about 4 weeks!

i am 100kg and the Ks16, 18 and v3 are ALL good for heavier riders!

the main and only! thing the KS16 is lacking...is max speed in comparison to the V3/ACM...which by the way is 30kmh and i would never recommend to go higher at all!

ALL other things, like ridequality, buildquality, accesoires on the wheel like trolleys, lights, apps.etc etc -> Gotway is definitly the looser! Also i can not confirm Oliver, that the KS16 has the bader/unsmoother ride..especially not since fw 1.22 on the KS....i for myself see it more otherwise....my V3 has one problem, that is also confirmed by speedyfeet and also mentioned by a lot ACM riders:  A play in the wheeL/motor that lets u feel like the ride mode is soft...it is not so soft at all, but the motor has a play of 1-2 cm when balancing on the point...you feel that when pushing it by hand and  unfortunatly you feel that also when riding....

a experienced rider gets used to that, but that has to be mentioned!

Thank you so much for that thorough information

I wonder if the looseness in the GOTWAY changes as you change the rider modes from soft to hard? I guess I was thinking that perhaps that 1 - 2 cm "PLAY" in the Msuper V3 might have something to do with the right modes, but perhaps that is not true at all.

As you said, I have no interest in traveling faster than 30 km/h because it just isn't worth it for me to become injured. I am a pediatrician and if I become injured I won't be able to work, and if I don't work... I cannot have my toys :huh:.  I have a wonderful friend to is a pediatric dentist in the area and while he was riding his bike, he hit a branch in the dark and went over the handlebars and broke his hand. After several surgeries the bones in his hand had to be fused and he could no longer hold his dental instruments and had to retire at the age of 50. That was a disaster and a very sad fact.  i don't want to increase my risk of such a thing happening to me.

Again, thanks so much for all the wonderful information as I appreciate it.

What we really need is someone that owned a msuper v2 and have them let us know if there is a difference between the 2. my V2 stops very well and I have no issues with needing to stop.  But I'm very curious to know exactly what the differences are. The only person I know that has owned both is Euc extreme and he tells me there is a huge difference in the way the unit rides between the V2 Hs and his V3. I will do a huge review when I get the unit. And I did order the 1600wh 84V so I'm curious how that will work out

14 minutes ago, Greg Spalding said:

Thank you so much for that thorough information

I wonder if the looseness in the GOTWAY changes as you change the rider modes from soft to hard? I guess I was thinking that perhaps that 1 - 2 cm "PLAY" in the Msuper V3 might have something to do with the right modes, but perhaps that is not true at all.

As you said, I have no interest in traveling faster than 30 km/h because it just isn't worth it for me to become injured. I am a pediatrician and if I become injured I won't be able to work, and if I don't work... I cannot have my toys :huh:.  I have a wonderful friend to is a pediatric dentist in the area and while he was riding his bike, he hit a branch in the dark and went over the handlebars and broke his hand. After several surgeries the bones in his hand had to be fused and he could no longer hold his dental instruments and had to retire at the age of 50. That was a disaster and a very sad fact.  i don't want to increase my risk of such a thing happening to me.

Again, thanks so much for all the wonderful information as I appreciate it.

no, i tried all ride modes....has nothing to do with them.

its just a play of 1-2 cm in all of them! a -little- play between shell and motor/wheel younhave on all wheels...but this is a kind of bigger one...i am getting very well used to it...but it is in nothing comparable to the cement hard madden mode on the MCM2s...

you are welcome....i just want to mention that all those feelings of rideability are very subjective and change from person to person :-)

1 minute ago, KingSong69 said:

no, i tried all ride modes....has nothing to do with them.

its just a play of 1-2 cm in all of them! a -little- play between shell and motor/wheel younhave on all wheels...but this is a kind of bigger one...i am getting very well used to it...but it is in nothing comparable to the cement hard madden mode on the MCM2s...

you are welcome....i just want to mention that all those feelings of rideability are very subjective and change from person to person :-)

I appreciate that you tried all the modes and found the same "play" in each.

I'm glad you're also getting used to it.

Subjectivity is an important thing to recognize in these situations, of course. In a perfect world, I'd be able to stand on each one of these units to see which one fit me the best. Obviously, that isn't even possible where i live.

As always, I appreciate the information and the time you always give to answer the questions I ask

3 minutes ago, Donafello said:

What we really need is someone that owned a msuper v2 and have them let us know if there is a difference between the 2. my V2 stops very well and I have no issues with needing to stop.  But I'm very curious to know exactly what the differences are. The only person I know that has owned both is Euc extreme and he tells me there is a huge difference in the way the unit rides between the V2 Hs and his V3. I will do a huge review when I get the unit. And I did order the 1600wh 84V so I'm curious how that will work out

ok...this i can not deliver :-)

v2 is one of the few wheels i never tried 

Again: the braking v3 is NOT bad...just not like my KS18....therefore the V3 is accelerating faster, but as it has 300watt more...this is a bit of comparison of apples and eggs :-)

the only -bit- disapointing is the wheelplay...but therefore the performance at all is top notch!!! you also have to see its my 4th wheel, so that i should have the knowledge of being a bit "nitpicky" and pointing out some minor things

Conclusion after 3 days: A wheel like hell performance wise!!

very interested to see GW's attempt on 84 Volts....rockwheel now offering this also?

Archived