New Inmotion V5F+ Firmware?

theNight

Hey guys, 

I've recently purchased V5F+ and have been riding it for a month. Feels really good, although I'm started to get annoyed by the danger-notification and speed limit. I heard some news that there will be new firmware to increase the speed from 25km/h to 27km/h... So any estimate on when this gonna be available? 

If there's no easy answer, does anyone know how to mute the danger-notification? The app doesn't do that, affects only other sounds unfortunately. You know, I can deal with tilt-backs, just when it screams out ''danger, please slow down" every 5 meters it kinda gets to nerves :)

Anyway, I'd be grateful if someone could let me know if this possible.

Thanks

1 hour ago, theNight said:

I heard some news that there will be new firmware to increase the speed from 25km/h to 27km/h... So any estimate on when this gonna be available? 

@Jason McNeil's last update on V5F+ firmware increase here, originally estimated sometime this month.

1 hour ago, theNight said:

If there's no easy answer, does anyone know how to mute the danger-notification? 

Record silence.

1 hour ago, Paddylaz said:

No clear idea on when/if the speed unlock is coming. Have to say I've come from a Lhotz (30kph), and find the v5f more than fast enough. I really have to push it to get the voice starting. 

How much do you weigh?

My weight is 56kg, I'm quite a slim male. Maybe that's why I reach the limit super fast and want to have it even faster! :)

43 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

@Jason McNeil's last update on V5F+ firmware increase here, originally estimated sometime this month.

Record silence.

43 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Yeah, I've seen that thread, but thought that maybe there's new info regarding that. And about the silence hack, any chance you could guide me through it? How to actually change the warning sound to silence on iOS? I'd be grateful!

• 3 weeks later...
On 04/09/2016 at 6:04 PM, theNight said:

Just an update. Managed to get rid of danger notification with the silence clip. Thanks guys. 

Also, did a test drive on a flat surface and managed to get this. 

image.png

!

Were you in extreme tiltback?? Have you had any firmware updates?

10 minutes ago, Paddylaz said:

!

Were you in extreme tiltback?? Have you had any firmware updates?

It wasn't extreme when I reached 30.4 km/h, I would say it was manageable and quite comfortable. I then tried even more and reached 34.5 km/h on V5F+, but that was extreme. And additionally, I would say it doesn't affect motor well, as after a few days while riding it suddenly switched off and tilted pedals back, I fell. Since then, I don't ride any faster than 27-28 km/h. 

And no news about the firmware, it seems it kind of being forgotten or unannounced yet with the release of V8...

I would like to see up to 25 km/h tiltback free also, as on the V8. The V5F+ is very efficient for shorter commutes and very portable, more convenient for bringing on public transport and trolleying around in supermarkets and malls than V8. The V5 is the type of wheel that is so lightweight and compact that there's hardly ever a reason to leave it at home, even if rain is pouring down outside you take it to the bus so if the weather clears up you can ride it later on your way back home. V8 is still portable but V5F+ is ultra portable then!

The tiltback on the V5F+ is pretty agressive at 23-25 km/h then the alarm shouts. So effectively you want to keep the speed at 22 km/h not being on the edge of triggering it, too stressfull in the long run.. If the tiltback would be smoothed out over say 25-30 km/h or 27-32 km/h it would be much nicer, then you could actually have a relaxed ride all the way up to 25 km/h as advertised. So the main issue with my V5F+ is that the tiltback is too agressive and the warning sounds are triggered too easy and often because it activates too close to cruising speed. It felt pretty embarrasing the first month or so but now I just ignore it when the alarm shouts.

Although it doesn't really happen that often anymore after getting my v3 a couple of weeks ago, I just ride the V5F+ slower than before I guess. If you want to cruise comfortably (no tiltback or alarms) at higher bicycle speeds (25-35 km/h) look at KS18, Msuper v3 or ACM 16" those wheels are made to handle that speed.

Anyway I would appreciate a smoother tiltback curve and with that comes a higher speed delayed alarm because max tiltback comes first. Also maybe even ability to disable tiltback, for those experienced riders who don't like it. But those are extra features, what was promised was a top speed increase to 27 km/h, assumably that means the alarm speed with max tiltback engaged. Also start of tiltback bumped up from 23 to 25 km/h.

It does not seem like a complicated update, just increasing the tiltback and alarm speeds by 2 km/h.. I was expecting this firmware update to be released in august or september, now it's october. I think Inmotion wanted to get the V8 launched before releasing this, as the two wheels are now more clearly differentiated by 25 or 30 km/h top speed (tiltback free cruising speed is 23 for V5F+ and 25 for V8 I think). With this update max cruising speed before tiltback would be the same at 25 km/h for both wheels.. Hopefully we don't have to wait much longer now and the update can be released silently in the shadow of the new V8!

11 hours ago, nomad said:

that was promised was a top speed increase to 27 km/h, assumably that means the alarm speed with max tiltback engaged. Also start of tiltback bumped up from 23 to 25 km/h.

Inmotion are pretty conservative on QC, I think we're making progress on the speed handling bump. 

6 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

Inmotion are pretty conservative on QC, I think we're making progress on the speed handling bump. 

Thanks for the info, nice to know that it's not been abandoned! Waiting is better than a rushed release no doubt in this case. Do you know if this upgrade will be for the V5D/V5F (non plus) too? That could also be a reason for taking more caution/time..

Looking at the ground I think already cruising at 22 km/h is around the max you ever want to fall unexpectedly only wearing wristguards. This speed doesn't feel limited it's myself not wanting to go faster regularly. My average cruising speed will not increase by the update, but instead of strictly keeping it between 21.5-22.5 km/h it can drift between 20-24 km/h so to speak.. I'm looking forward to this update!

On 9/4/2016 at 1:04 PM, theNight said:

Just an update. Managed to get rid of danger notification with the silence clip. Thanks guys. 

image.png

@Paddylaz quick question, I notice in your screen shot, top left corner displays V5F. my app displays the same V5F. What wheel do you have? V5F or V5F+? in some other blogs that I see, some people have V5+, I am just curious

On 9/4/2016 at 1:04 PM, theNight said:

image.png

@theNight on your screen shot, top left corner displays V5F, do you have the V5F+? my app displays the same thing, just want to see how I can verify I have a V5F+

13 hours ago, Fahrtwind said:

There is a new Firmware available for the V5F+. Anyone brave enough to try it? Changelog??

Manu

Oh you got me excited for new FW but I can confirm 1.3.506 is displayed in the app as the latest version. Even after upgrading the app.  

Sorry guys, I didn't want to make you nervous :-) There was a Message coming up yesterday when I connected my wheel to the iPhone App. "Warm Tip, new Firmware X.XXXX available." I pressed cancel and cannot remember the version No. I will have a look when I am back home again, maybe it was an App Error. I´ll check it again (and definitely not update) this evening again!

Manu

@Boxer Rebellion All V5F and V5F variants (ie. V5F+) will dispaly "V5F" in the app; only way to distinguish is by serial number (see this post); but you'll already know, as only eWheels.com / WheelGo.com sells the V5F+ variant.

FYI the V5 / V5+ is a different motor (350W) (pic from eWheels.com):

Inmotion-V5F-vs-Ninebot-One-E-Model-Comp

@Boxer RebellionYeah, what @houseofjob just said.

The '+' as far as I am aware simply refers to the fact that Jason's stock use superior LG battery cells rather than Samsung's. Which provide more capacity/power. The actual specifications in every other sense are identical to a 'standard' vf5. So the Inmotion app doesn't consider it a different model.

Archived