Jonathan Lee Dunn

So I've gone through 2 handles already just from letting other people try out my 9bot. Then while installing my new handle it cracked. So instead of buying another and having the same issue I decided to make a new handle myself. I used paracord from Home Depot and a piece from a door latch. Less that 10$ and an hour later I made it. Love it so far and I know this isn't breaking anytime soon that's for sure. Any other ideas post so we can all help out with common issues. 

8 hours ago, Jonathan Lee Dunn said:

So I've gone through 2 handles already just from letting other people try out my 9bot. Then while installing my new handle it cracked. So instead of buying another and having the same issue I decided to make a new handle myself. I used paracord from Home Depot and a piece from a door latch. Less that 10$ and an hour later I made it. Love it so far and I know this isn't breaking anytime soon that's for sure. Any other ideas post so we can all help out with common issues. 

I am on my first stock one and didn't get any "play" on mine... I have ordered a spare one based on all of stories about the handle being fragile.

But I like the handle on the 9b1 a lot. And would miss it and try to either change to a new one (warranty claim) or fix the broken one by drilling&install a new, stronger "loop"-part...

Yesterday as I was riding a long bike trail I thought what if I got a flat tire and it's 3 miles back to the car?  I don't ride with the trolley handle attached but since I don't fall off lately maybe i will now.  I realized that a piece of tree branch the right size to fit in the holder bracket would work to walk it back.  My other idea was to hide the wheel off the trail, walk back to the car and drive back to pick up the wheel.:ph34r:

3 minutes ago, steve454 said:

Yesterday as I was riding a long bike trail I thought what if I got a flat tire and it's 3 miles back to the car?  I don't ride with the trolley handle attached but since I don't fall off lately maybe i will now.  I realized that a piece of tree branch the right size to fit in the holder bracket would work to walk it back.  My other idea was to hide the wheel off the trail, walk back to the car and drive back to pick up the wheel.:ph34r:

Actually there is another option  - grab the 9b1 under the pedal/plastic rim and carry it under your arm. Sure, not as comfortable as riding it, but better than hiding it...

32 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

Just about 1 year and 700 miles on mine and it's never broken

Is it a practical handle though? The NB1 handle looks like it would be awkward and uncomfortable if one had to carry the NB1 for more than a few feet.

2 hours ago, SuperSport said:

I rarely carry it for more than a few feet. I also have a trolley handle, and that's how I move it around.

^ what he said.

@MaxLinux I think it is practical enough. I have been using it every so often to carry the 9b1 in and out of house/car etc. Using the trolley bar for the most part when move it around but have been carrying it in the shops/stores a few times without any problem. Soft-touch and have a good grip. Weight of the 9b is another thing though...

23 hours ago, MaxLinux said:

Is it a practical handle though? The NB1 handle looks like it would be awkward and uncomfortable if one had to carry the NB1 for more than a few feet.

The NB1 is hard to carry more than a few feet, but it's not the handles fault, the NB1 is just too heavy. The handle is not uncomfortable. 

• 1 month later...
On ‎10‎.‎09‎.‎2016 at 1:21 AM, SuperSport said:

...But wheel has NEVER tumbled. Maybe that's part of it. 

I am mighty impressed with the 9b1 build quality. Still amaze me every time I see videos like this one:

23 minutes ago, Vik's said:

I am mighty impressed with the 9b1 build quality. Still amaze me every time I see videos like this one:

Yeah, it's amazing both the wheel and rider are able to function after all that.

• 2 years later...
On 2/15/2019 at 11:22 PM, Ftm2000 said:

Has anyone came up with ideas for a trolley handle for the Ninebot One S1???

I tried to make my own with a selfie stick but it was pretty flimsy and did not work well.

Archived