making seat for minipro (mini pro).... and making into cargo carrying mule

i am working of hack to make a seat for the minipro.. Here is one idea i have come up with wo far.. still working out better solutions for the turning control.. I have mounted a mild crate to the the minipro upside down and cut out a hole in top of milk crate and stuck a metal tube into the top of part of the removable turning arm.. Looking for addtional idea.. I am going a low tech and low cost as possible without doing any modification of the minibot itself.. this technique does cause triggering of the foot pressure sensors.. because the bottom of the milk crate rests enough on the foot pads to do so.. i am also looking for better way to secure the milk crate to minipro.. it can rest by gravity alone.. but this allows for some slippage. I have also tried bungee cords.. but they too allow for some slippage.. but this can be improved on.I am thinking this technique cud be used to make niinipro into cargo carrying cart as well.. by just flipping the crate upsid down.. or stacking cargo on top.

the metal tube is the bottom of a standard walking cane.. you can see the hand grip is used as turning handle bar.. 

what i like about this seat technique is i builds a platform for mounting saddle bages.. and internal cargo trunk.. and mounts for additional lighting.. a tow bar mount.. back rest and arm rests.. etc.. or even stacking addtional milk crate on top of bottom crate for expanded cargo carrying capacity.

segway minipro milk crate.png

segway minipro 2 milk crate.png

I'm pretty sure milk crates have a "if stolen $$ fine" on them lol. JK.    I think a collapsible frame, maybe canvas bag would be great for the super market trip, especially if it can be in front and behind rider or either and keep balance for trip back from market.  I like the prototypes though as it is how we move forward!

i c u JK.. milk crate is just a concept of a kind of container/crate. there r many sold at stores. The idea is to create a seat for the minipro that has strength to hold body weight and by lite weight as well  http://www.uline.com/BL_313/Milk-Crates?keywords=milk crates

http://www.milkcratesdirect.com/set-of-3-rectangular-milk-crates

http://www.containerstore.com/s/storage/stacking-storage/authentic-dairy-crate/12d?productId=10000531

That' a pretty cool idea and I can't wait to see what you come up with. Please post pictures when you come up with your first version.

I don't want a seat for mine but would like a way to carry some cargo. Maybe hook up one of those trailers that babies ride in behind bicycles. I could make a simple trailer out of some old bicycle tires and mount them to a plastic tub or something similar. 

6 hours ago, TLyleJeep said:

That' a pretty cool idea and I can't wait to see what you come up with. Please post pictures when you come up with your first version.

I don't want a seat for mine but would like a way to carry some cargo. Maybe hook up one of those trailers that babies ride in behind bicycles. I could make a simple trailer out of some old bicycle tires and mount them to a plastic tub or something similar. 

i am coming at the ideas by not having to modify any of the structure .. prefering to strap on.. or bold down to existing bolting mounts etc. the seat frame idea i have cud be used to mount hook for trailer.. and for mounting side mount saddle bags/boxes for cargo carrying. 

• 2 weeks later...

I am thinnking a scisro folding seat like this electric wheelchair would be good for he segway mini pro.. but also figuring out a way to control the turn switch by an alt tothe arm turn would allo a more stable hand control.. I am supposing splicing into the wires of the arm swhitch would suffice for this.. ? and salvaging an aold electric wheel chari hand control wold work? 

i am thinking of using a wireless.. perhaps bloetooth way to connect an accelorometer to body of rider to allo for turnning by body motion instead of the knee brace.. the accelorometer can be attached to moss stable body part of rider. for example the upper torso. as matter of fact. this could also include a wireless control to turn the device on by tapping the on off switch on the pendant.. the torso swicth ould even be attached to a shirt like a pin? it could also have way to turn alarm on and off.. either by a switch.. or by proximity it can automaticaly turn alarm on and off? could salvage the parts off a wi remote?? and splice in a rasberry pie to the turning wires on the segway? 

i was thinking a 3d printer could be used to print light weight arm with handle bars using triagle shaped latice.. and can print in pieces which can be chemically welded together using solvent which wud liquify the ends.. and then attaching them together.. and with this techque so many posiblity are available to make arms seats.. saddle bag carriars.. etc. 

or printing with a service in titanium.. for lighter weight and greater strength. http://mashable.com/2013/10/19/horse-horseshoes-3d-printing/#E4vBNLXbVZqU

• 11 months later...
On 8/17/2016 at 2:37 PM, TLyleJeep said:

I also would like to carry groceries or laundry on my spare MiniPro.

Looking into containers slim enough to place on either side of the knee attachment, I still use plastic bags with handles.

Any one else come up with a good portable solution to add to the MiniPro?

• 2 months later...

Archived