Hi Guys, just got a MiniPro a few days ago and love it!

Have a question for you, I was checking my tire pressures this morning and both were around 20 psi so I got out the air pump and was getting ready to add air and noticed on the tire sidewall it states 30 psi max. According to my users manual the pressure should be 45 - 50 psi. So which is it? I have always been told to never exceed the max psi as listed on the tire sidewall so I just put in 10 psi to max it out at 30 psi.

Tire.jpg

Edited by TLyleJeep

Yes you are right , i dont understand because manual said 45-50 psi .... 3.1bars i put last time, but in several hits

tirepressure.PNG

Edited by Jojo33A

I've inflated to 45psi and it didn't blow. But when the tire states otherwise I'm very leery. Another mystery so which is it

me too i have 30psi on my xiaomi mini...

Mystery is more how Ninebot engineers is focused on their product? Are they serious? is it really them who create this product? 

30 PSI is FAR too low on these tires. It's really noticeably squashed down when you stand on it at 30 PSI. I think Ninebot got the tire information wrong, in the same way the box for the miniPRO says 185lbs max, when it's really 220lbs on the miniPRO. 

Personally I inflate mine to around 40 PSI. Takes the strain off the motors - and therefore battery -, gives me a longer ride, and the tires will last longer, too. 

Segway says 45-50 PSI, so I believe them. 

Yes it seems 45/50psi is good because i did it (3.1bars) and was ok

but tire mention inscription speak about 30psi maybe if your weight is more than 100 kg, logic

Edited by jojo33

I did a little testing today and found that it does ride much better with higher tire pressure. When I put between 40 - 50 psi it rides and handles much better but I'm a little concerned that it will damage the tire at higher pressure than than the tire manufacturer recommends but will leave it at 45 psi and see how it does.

Mine have arrived with uneven tire pressure in left and right wheels with around 1 bar so I put them all to 2,5 bar and it seems to be fine with that. I could try to get even higher pressure after some time just to feel the difference,

45 PSI - I talked to a 9 Bot technician and he said this is the recommended tire pressure. Also, this is covered in the YouTube "Segway miniPRO Improvement Tips"

That's 3.10264 Bar...or... 310 Kpa  for our non-Imperial measuring folks (#murica)

Edited by Syber7

52 minutes ago, Syber7 said:

45 PSI - I talked to a 9 Bot technician and he said this is the recommended tire pressure. Also, this is covered in the YouTube "Segway miniPRO Improvement Tips"

That's 3.10264 Bar...or... 310 Kpa  for our non-Imperial measuring folks (#murica)

That's what I have on my N91 E+. But the tire is 16"

i have pumped mine to 45 psi i have a clone ninebot mini the tires have the same specs but are made by seyoun i have driven over rocks, broken glass and jumped down some edges i have about 300km on it 

• Upvote 1

Tire pressure markings have caused doubt in other threads also. I have learned that the markings don’t tell as much about the tire’s actual maximum capability but about their recommended pressure for intended use. For example, if a tire is designed (or just a common size) for a kids’ bicycle, it will print the recommended pressure for that use, and the load capability for that pressure. None of this means that the tire itself should be incapable of handling even triple the weight with a proper higher pressure.

I don’t think a tire exists that fits a self balancing vehicle yet is incapable of handling the weight required using 3 bars. 3.5 for a one-wheeler. I haven’t heard of a single tire failure due to overpressure. In cars or bicycles either for that matter.

The recommendations in the manual are what the manufacturer considers to be a safe balance between comfort and performance. I’d use them as a starting point.

• Like 1