Hi Guys, just got a MiniPro a few days ago and love it!

Have a question for you, I was checking my tire pressures this morning and both were around 20 psi so I got out the air pump and was getting ready to add air and noticed on the tire sidewall it states 30 psi max. According to my users manual the pressure should be 45 - 50 psi. So which is it? I have always been told to never exceed the max psi as listed on the tire sidewall so I just put in 10 psi to max it out at 30 psi.

Tire.jpg

30 PSI is FAR too low on these tires. It's really noticeably squashed down when you stand on it at 30 PSI. I think Ninebot got the tire information wrong, in the same way the box for the miniPRO says 185lbs max, when it's really 220lbs on the miniPRO. 

Personally I inflate mine to around 40 PSI. Takes the strain off the motors - and therefore battery -, gives me a longer ride, and the tires will last longer, too. 

Segway says 45-50 PSI, so I believe them. 

I did a little testing today and found that it does ride much better with higher tire pressure. When I put between 40 - 50 psi it rides and handles much better but I'm a little concerned that it will damage the tire at higher pressure than than the tire manufacturer recommends but will leave it at 45 psi and see how it does.

Mine have arrived with uneven tire pressure in left and right wheels with around 1 bar so I put them all to 2,5 bar and it seems to be fine with that. I could try to get even higher pressure after some time just to feel the difference,

• 1 year later...

i have pumped mine to 45 psi i have a clone ninebot mini the tires have the same specs but are made by seyoun i have driven over rocks, broken glass and jumped down some edges i have about 300km on it 

Tire pressure markings have caused doubt in other threads also. I have learned that the markings don’t tell as much about the tire’s actual maximum capability but about their recommended pressure for intended use. For example, if a tire is designed (or just a common size) for a kids’ bicycle, it will print the recommended pressure for that use, and the load capability for that pressure. None of this means that the tire itself should be incapable of handling even triple the weight with a proper higher pressure.

I don’t think a tire exists that fits a self balancing vehicle yet is incapable of handling the weight required using 3 bars. 3.5 for a one-wheeler. I haven’t heard of a single tire failure due to overpressure. In cars or bicycles either for that matter.

The recommendations in the manual are what the manufacturer considers to be a safe balance between comfort and performance. I’d use them as a starting point.

• 5 months later...

I weigh in at 95Kg.

Judging feom how You inflate car tires i should be very close to max 50psi.

Higher load requires higher pressure to withstand the weight without beimg to "flat". Just meassured mine and they were at 1.2/1.4 bar = 17 / 20 psi.

No wonder it felt squishy.

Also when comparing speed my gps says 16km/h when ninebot app says 19km/h. I am HOPING that the decresed rolling diameter from low pressure causes the difference (would make total sense since it can only measure outgoing shaft rpm and multiply with expected rolling diameter since there is no built in gps. sure you can connect phone via bt but aince it show speed even without gpa enabled it does not utilize "speed of phone"...which in either case would be silly if someone stood still while you rode just to measure your speed lol :-)

Managed to get 46psi into the tires with my manual pump, but after that it was really tough...felt air compressing in the chamber, arm trembling from the force needed but basically that seems like the limit of the pump. I trust manual pump and gauge more than gas stations since they have shown to be very off (i have seen as much as 0.5bar vs my gauge).

Well time to take a spin and see if speed differs :)

IMG_20180402_211722.jpg

tire pressure is not anything to worry about

i would say about 30-60psi

more psi the more you weigh

and then you just set the psi where you prefer

if youre afraid of blow out. Dont worry it will only happen if you pump it about over 200psi

lower psi givies it more shock absoption but more resistance on the road. And less range on a charge

higher psi makes the ride feel more hard and not tje same shock absoption as on lower psi

but ideally the tire should compress about 15% when standing on it. But you can put more or less depending on preference

17 hours ago, Shad0z said:

but ideally the tire should compress about 15% when standing on it. But you can put more or less depending on preference

Do you mean 15%of total wheel height? That sounds a lot.

Or do you mean 15% of lower rubber height? Sounds more right

3 minutes ago, Boogieman said:

Do you mean 15%of total wheel height? That sounds a lot.

Or do you mean 15% of lower rubber height? Sounds more right

15% of the tire with air and rubber. not wheel height just look at the bottom part of the tire that is touching the ground until it ends in the rim. 15% of that

it is not important to measure or anything but just try to hit about 15% and then more or less depening on preference

personally i like when tires are a little softer to make shock absorption better.

but on the minipro wich i dont have anymore. i really found it better to put it at 50psi because at lower battery levels it feels faster. and generally less resistance

and that makes it feel faster imo. because of the weaker 400w motors compared to  my euc wich has one 2000w

When going from 20 to 45 it felt more agile, but also a lot less forgiving.

Ie whem running over sloping kerbs/speed bumps before it just went smooth, now its allmost as it over compensates making me wiggle a bit. I guess ill get used to it though

• 4 weeks later...

After 13 months and 45 psi maintained by a digital power inflator, 886 miles, 1st flat. Segment of center of tire thinned, bulging consistent with high pressure damage, with associated tiny fissure. Close inspection of the other tire showed it was heading down the same path (pun intended). Had purchased 2 replacement tires in anticipation and had them professionally mounted (attempted install of the 1st by me was abject failure). Will try 40 psi and see how it feels and if it will increase longevity.  

37 minutes ago, davecor said:

After 13 months and 45 psi maintained by a digital power inflator, 886 miles, 1st flat. Segment of center of tire thinned, bulging consistent with high pressure damage, with associated tiny fissure. Close inspection of the other tire showed it was heading down the same path (pun intended). Had purchased 2 replacement tires in anticipation and had them professionally mounted (attempted install of the 1st by me was abject failure). Will try 40 psi and see how it feels and if it will increase longevity.  

Depends on how much you weigh. But i thibk these tires should run fine anywhere from 35-60 pdi depending on weight and preference. The more you weigh the more psi you need

• 2 weeks later...

Just got a backup MiniPro on sale. It's the "2018" model.

Checked the tire pressure out of the box and both wheels had 72.5 PSI.  

Tried to take them down to 40PSI and they felt way to soft in my hand.  
My other MiniPro is at 40PSI, and sometimes ends up as low as 20+PSI, and never feels so soft.

Tire is marked on outside, Maximum pressure 30PSI.

Go figure!

1 hour ago, FLORIDIAN said:

Just got a backup MiniPro on sale. It's the "2018" model.

Checked the tire pressure out of the box and both wheels had 72.5 PSI.  

Tried to take them down to 40PSI and they felt way to soft in my hand.  
My other MiniPro is at 40PSI, and sometimes ends up as low as 20+PSI, and never feels so soft.

Tire is marked on outside, Maximum pressure 30PSI.

Go figure!

just put it to what you like. and dont go over aout 200 psi then youre fine.  :D or under 15

Archived