Problems upgrading to 1.21

HermanTheGerman

Hi All,

when I try to upgrade from 1.20 to 1.21 on my KS16, the following happens:

.) I enter the firmware upgrade page in the app, there I see the 1.21 upgrade is available,

.) then I press the download button, and absolutely nothing happens.

I tried it several times in the last 8 hours, both with app versions 1.2 and 1.4, always the same. It looks like as the firmware can't just be downloaded.

Is the Kingsong server overloaded, or is that another problem ?

Thanks for any help!

The Ks18 max speed behaviour ...KS thinks it was low batterie speed protection! Adler83 will check....

Just a few minutes Ago Tina asked me to update....so i do not think it is taken down...

1 hour ago, HermanTheGerman said:

Hi All,

.) I enter the firmware upgrade page in the app, there I see the 1.21 upgrade is available,

I tried it several times in the last 8 hours, both with app versions 1.2 and 1.4, always the same. It looks like as the firmware can't just be downloaded.

Thanks for any help!

Same problem with my Android phone.

OK with an Ipod Touch

20 minutes ago, Ecko said:

This guy updated the android app to 1.4 at first, then updated the firmware to 1.21...next the wheel could not be turned off and the wheel stucks

https://www.facebook.com/groups/kingsong/1052261741516532/

I did exactly the same.

But as it did not work, I downgraded the app to 1.2, but also there it did not work (Android 6 on a Samsung S5).

It looks like as if the FW-download to the phone just does not start (this is for a KS16).

Is there a way to contact and ask Kingsong support directly ?

32 minutes ago, Ecko said:

This guy updated the android app to 1.4 at first, then updated the firmware to 1.21...next the wheel could not be turned off and the wheel stucks

https://www.facebook.com/groups/kingsong/1052261741516532/

this sounds like a "not completed" update or choosed the 16a software instead of 16b....no really clue...

2 hours ago, HermanTheGerman said:

Hi All,

Thanks for any help!

sorry, stupid question now, but you never know:

but you have your wheel turned on and connected to bluetooth an NOT laying on the side?

edit: really stupid as you only see that upgrade page when wheel is on :)

53 minutes ago, Ecko said:

I did exactly the same : I updated the Android app to 1.4 at first (on my Android 5.1 phone), then I downloaded and updated the firmware to 1.21 (current firmware was 1.20). All worked fine. Then I powered off the wheel and restarted it without any problem.

I had the same issue with the KS16 and the app v1.4 on an Android 6 phone. The solution was to find "App permissions" and to grant the Storage permission for the kingsong application. After that the upgrading succeeded.

5 hours ago, lepovirta said:

I had the same issue with the KS16 and the app v1.4 on an Android 6 phone. The solution was to find "App permissions" and to grant the Storage permission for the kingsong application. After that the upgrading succeeded.

Thanks, lepovirta.

That was exactly the solution.  I didn't know that it is necessary to enable Kingsong App for that under Android 6 (although one needs to also enable it for GPS, otherwise not even the bluetooth connection comes up. Sounds weird, but is real).

Happy to be of help, @HermanTheGerman!

There's actually a reason for an application being required a permission for location before it is allowed to use Bluetooth. It has little to do with GPS. If someone had a large database of coordinates of Bluetooth devices, you could be pinpointed on a map by letting the phone scan for nearby devices and comparing them with the database. By allowing the app to use Bluetooth, you'll potentially let it know your location as well.

As a side note, there is a method in Android for asking for all these permissions from the user runtime instead of forcing her to explicitly guess and enable them through the settings menu. Perhaps KingSong developers will add it to their next releases.

On 11 agosto 2016 at 1:03 PM, lepovirta said:

Thanks it worked for me too

On 8/11/2016 at 2:03 PM, lepovirta said:

Thank you!

Worked as a charm.

I wondered why I was not able to connect the app with my new Android 6 phone.

Archived