I ran over a nail that left a hole in a tire recently .  I took it off, bought the $8 kit from amazon: Victor Heavy Duty Tubeless Tire Repair Kit, and have had really good success holding it in.

When I first reinstalled the tire and tried to inflate, it wouldn't inflate and I thought I screwed up something.

Then I realized air was leaking off the sides when I inflated. I did the trick where you wrap the tire and squash it while I inflated at the same time. Worked like a charm!! 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, icom said:

I ran over a nail that left a hole in a tire recently .  I took it off, bought the $8 kit from amazon: Victor Heavy Duty Tubeless Tire Repair Kit, and have had really good success holding it in.

When I first reinstalled the tire and tried to inflate, it wouldn't inflate and I thought I screwed up something.

Then I realized air was leaking off the sides when I inflated. I did the trick where you wrap the tire and squash it while I inflated at the same time. Worked like a charm!! 

thanks for the tip

I have been looking for a more permanent solution to punctures for many years.  I've tried Slime and it can work for some kinds of small punctures as a temporary "get you home" solution, but it's messy for tubeless tires.  Then there are wheel liners for tires with tubes - you line the inside of the tire with a Kevlar tape that protects the inner tube from being punctured by whatever breaches the outer tire.  That's no use on tube-less tires though.  Then there are solid rubber tires; super heavy and not very comfortable. 

I'm waiting for air-less tire technology to get up to speed and be a viable option, but so far the attempts don't seem to have worked out very well.  I don't understand why it's so hard to make such a tire with a cellular structure that feels at least 60% as good as air-filled tires.  With so many nails, screws, shards of glass and sharp pieces of wood on the roads, footpaths and trails it's time we had a solution so that we don't have to constantly ride our vehicles with constant fear of getting a puncture and having to carry the unit a 14km walk home.

en2013112101_01.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

MICHELIN_X_TWEEL_TURF.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 2 years later...

Hi guys, i am trying to inflate my minipro tires but of no help. I tried replacing the valve and still not working. As per my understanding, minipro tires are tubeless. Am i doing something wrong?   I tried calling AAA service center and Mr tire and they told me that they cant help. Please advise