NEW! MiniPRO handlebar released!

10 hours ago, Synap said:

That's awesome.. can u post a pic of ur mini with handle bar attached.

I think there are many people who feel the same about that. And i think have handle bar option gives person option to use which ever they want on any given ride. I am looking forward to someone creating a seat attachement.. that wud be really awesome. I am experimenting with using a milk crate at the moment. 

2016-New-Xiaomi-Ninebot-Mini-Control-Han

This is basically how it looks like. The milk crate is a joke, right?

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2016 at 6:45 PM, jrambonnet said:

I have purchased this handle bar kit and it is awesome. Quality materials and very easy to install or uninstall and go back to knee control. I have gone through the re-calibration and have been unable to get it to balance on its own, but it does have the kick stand and I am happy with that. As far as I'm concerned, the stability of having the handle bars makes this ride so much more enjoyable for me. My 24 year old mind really wants to use the mini pro with just the knee controls, but my 55 year old body appreciates the handle bar. As for additional stress on the attachment bar, I don't think it will be an issue. I don't really use the handle bar to go forward or backward. I still use my body and lean to accomplish this. I only use the handle bar for turning. Otherwise, my hands are just resting on the bar. I have had no issues with the interface using this and I can tell you, I've never come close to falling off or feeling like I was out of control, unlike when I was using the knee controls. I've ordered a boogie board tether to wear just in case something bad happens so I can keep my mini from zooming off on me.  All in all, I love it and am very happy with the purchase. Like others have mentioned, this will be a personal preference for each person and that is where I feel the debate should end.

Happy cruising!:D

• Upvote 3

Of course it's up to owner to decide how and which way he/she wants to use the miniPro.

But for me it sounds like buying a keyboard for an ipad because it's useless to type any sorts of long texts with the on-screen keyboard... instead of just buying a notebook/mabook.

Another thing is that like with all unofficial mods, there will not be warranty service if something happens to the miniPro...

Edited by Vik's

• 2 months later...

I just ordered one from 9bot-store.com.

Itemized cost was (in US Dollars):

• Quick release lock for Segway MiniPro × 1 Black    $45.00
  • More4Mini Handlebar Kit for Ninebot by Segway MiniPro US Edition × 1 black    $180.00
  • Subtotal $225.00
  • Shipping: $33.02
  • Total: $258.02

I like my Segway MiniPRO, but I have been feeling slightly scared of going over the uneven surface with the knee control, so I realized that I don't ride as much as I ride my Ninebot One E+, which I love.

I have ridden a Segway I2 that I rented during a tour in SF, and I really liked the handle bar, so I'm hoping that I would feel like riding my MiniPRO more with this accessory.

• 2 weeks later...

I see that in the last day or two, a reviewer on the Amazon site has reported injuries caused by one of these handles.  I've pointed out to her that if they are being sold without customers being warned of the dangers, then the seller may be liable for the consequences.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R16SK2RFN33XOQ/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B019Z6HS86

Edited by Ozpeter

On ‎09‎.‎12‎.‎2016 at 3:25 PM, Ozpeter said:

I see that in the last day or two, a reviewer on the Amazon site has reported injuries caused by one of these handles.  I've pointed out to her that if they are being sold without customers being warned of the dangers, then the seller may be liable for the consequences.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R16SK2RFN33XOQ/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B019Z6HS86

This one is quite scary...

What's worse is that she mounted the bicycle front rack and basket on top of it all...

• 3 weeks later...

uh, uggly! I personally do not like this handle, would not buy and go and use the Elite. But yes, makes really sense.

Edit:

NO, I understand I was wrong with my statement about this handle. After testing again this type of handle I admit they are very useful giving much more security while driving on bumpy sidewalks and sofort. 

Edited by Urs brasil
finally got it...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

New to the forum and thankful it is here.  I have ridden PTs on city tours in the past so when I got my MiniPro, I just assumed I'd want/need the handlebars.  I'm 50+ and a fall seemed more likely with the knee stick.  But after trying both, here are my thoughts.

Knee stick:  Funner, more like you're 'surfing on air', more compact, self balancing.

Handebars: More stable, easier to ride, don't let go or it will get away (video posted above), need the kickstand (which I have).

But the big thing I did not anticipate is this... with the handlebars, because the ride is so much more stable I tend to want to go faster and was constantly coming up against the 10MPH limit.  When I did city tours with the PT, they also had a speed limit but it seemed faster than the 10MPH.  with the Knee controller, 10MPH seems fast... even risky  :)

I'm still glad I got the handlebars as I think it's best for ppl who are BRAND NEW to segway and want to try.  But I think I'll use the knee controller more.

• 2 years later...

Just got a mini pro.  I'm used to riding the big regular segway.  Holy cow I feel like I'm gonna bust my butt on this thing... def need handlebars. 50 years old, don't wanna fall, and I'm very used to and comfortable w/ the handlebars of the full size segway.  (With those, you never just leave the segway standing alone, so that will never be a problem for me.)  My question... I'd like to find ones that curve in, like the one in the video above where the kid lost it and it went into the bushes.  The only ones I can find are pretty much STRAIGHT and seem to put the handles waaay out in front.  Anyone know where I can find the curved ones like in the video?  Searches online have resulted in nothing.  :(. Thank you in advance for any guidance you can provide.