Pebble App and Data Logger for King Song and now Gotway! (Android)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah but i guess what you try to measure is the amount of power you consume in one hour (Watt/hour) so if you consume 150w in 40min i guess 225 in 1 hours is correct...

I believe that W/h is amount of watt consumed in one hour or am i wrong here...

@Chrisjones you did consume 150W but in in 40minutes only, if you have continued your ride at the same average power consumption then you would have drained 150Wh from your batteries, but you did not! you stopped before so in Wh equivalent measure Unit you drained less, that's my reasoning.

7 hours ago, Chrisjones said:

yeah but i guess what you try to measure is the amount of power you consume in one hour (Watt/hour) so if you consume 150w in 40min i guess 225 in 1 hours is correct...

I believe that W/h is amount of watt consumed in one hour or am i wrong here...

You are confusing power (Watt) and energy (Wh).

power is a momentary "thing" like force, current, etc. if the motor drives the wheel with a power of 100W for 1h an energy of 100Wh is consumed.

Really great app, thanks. But I don't see options in app on my Galaxy Note 3 with Android 5.0. Is it possible to disable sound? I use wheel's beeper as a speedometer and do not need additional beeper.

On 8/3/2016 at 7:31 PM, JumpMaster said:

Hi,

I've made an app called WheelLog that can log your ride data and use a Pebble smart watch as a dashboard.  Thank's to @Jug I've added support for Gotway wheels that utilise Bluetooth 4.0.  I believe @Jug has an MCM4 he's been testing with.  The app will only read data from the wheel and I have no plans of been able to change or write setting to the wheel.

I'm not 100% confident that Current (in amps) is been collected correctly as this isn't used in the current Gotway app so I had to take a guess as to which figures represent current.  If the current is incorrect the Power will also be incorrect.

The app is available on the Play and Pebble stores.  To get the latest release that supports Gotway you'll need to join the beta using the below link.

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.cooper.wheellog

Play store
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cooper.wheellog

Pebble Store
https://apps.getpebble.com/en_US/application/5793c91150c75291fa00026e

All feedback is appreciated!
Kev

Hi Kev,

You have a great app - but is it possible you can take a look at this SDK

http://developer.garmin.com/index.php/blog/post/connect-iq-2-the-biker-has-arrived

to integrate with Garmin watches - it would be really cool

I have Fenix 3 and Gotway Msuper V3 and willing to test - since Fenix 3 has built in gps it can mark the route to coordinates and speed and battery display can be really helpful as with peeble

Hi @Vaulter

I'm sorry but I don't have the time to look at other watches. I've had requests to add Android Wear, change the screen size to work with watches running full Android, and now Garmin.  I'm happy to allow anyone to write extra functionality to the app. I imagine at some point there will be a drop-down when you can select Pebble, Android Wear, Garmin, etc.

https://github.com/JumpMaster/WheelLogAndroid

I can't see this covered, but it might have been.....

I presume this only works on the newer version of Gotway wheels (i.e. it won't work on an MSuper V2).

I've got hte app to install, and can see my Fitbit, so it's working with Bluetooth, but can't see the MSuper... :(

Thanks

Oily

6 minutes ago, JumpMaster said:

Yes I believe so.  I need a list of Gotway wheels that have Bluetooth 4.0 LE.  I'll add the list on the Play store along with KS14, KS16, and KS18.

Ah, OK, so I guess that answers my unanswered question here: 

The pre-October 2015 KS-14C, and KS-14B had the same protocol, and hardware etc as the Gotways (which I think might be Bluetooth 2?) Leastwise they will not connect to IOS except to play music.

I was really rather hoping it would be possible to connect via the pebble watch as its long battery life and always on display makes it ideal whilst riding an EUC, as does the ability to actually control music played through the KingSong's speakers.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, JumpMaster said:

Here's the folder in Google Drive where I keep all released for Android and Pebble.  Let me know if that is also blocked for you.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B_qIN0Xd80hCbGh6NWFVOFlKeTg?usp=sharing

Zlymex is from China. He has problems to access the Google stuff because of the big Chinese firewall.

5 hours ago, JumpMaster said:

Makes sense.  What does work from China? Dropbox? OneDrive?  What service would you recommend uploading the files to?

I've just tried DropBox, no luck for me. If OneDrive means  onedrive.live.com, yes It works.

I had change my KS-16 to a MS3 1600 W/H 84 V and I had an issue with WheelLog, the voltage reported when the battery is full is 66V instead 84V.

I don't know if the problem is under WheelLog or the data transmited by the MS3

4 hours ago, DaveThomasPilot said:

Just started using Wheelog for my KS14C.  It looks great!

But, the mileage seems way off (too high).  Does the diameter of the wheel need to be input somewhere?  I can't find a place to do that.

Thanks!

The data send by kingsongs is way off and displayed this way by the wheellog app.

On 14.10.2016 at 8:34 AM, Hansolo said:

I had change my KS-16 to a MS3 1600 W/H 84 V and I had an issue with WheelLog, the voltage reported when the battery is full is 66V instead 84V.

I don't know if the problem is under WheelLog or the data transmited by the MS3

Which Voltage is reported by the Gotway App?

can you measure the charger output voltage?

The voltage I measure agrees with the WheelLog and KS app.  Not sure what the "Gotway App" is. 

Seems like the app needs to know wheel diameter for the odometer.  At any rate, it's (the Wheellog) way off for my KS14C.  Haven't looked at the odometer using the KS app.

30 minutes ago, DaveThomasPilot said:

The voltage I measure agrees with the WheelLog and KS app.  Not sure what the "Gotway App" is. 

The answer regarding the gotway app was for hansolo and his msupper v3 question.

Seems like the app needs to know wheel diameter for the odometer.  At any rate, it's (the Wheellog) way off for my KS14C.  Haven't looked at the odometer using the KS app.

The odometer of kingsong wheels is way off - thats a known firmware fault. Wheellog just shows what the wheel reports to the app. There is no diameter to be set. Imho the ks odometer was reported to be about 20-30% off...

seldomly wheellog doubles the trip milage (or at least did this some time ago) when there were bluetooth connection issues and the app assumed that the wheel was restarted and the trip meter reset.

Archived