Pebble App and Data Logger for King Song and now Gotway! (Android)

Hi,

I've made an app called WheelLog that can log your ride data and use a Pebble smart watch as a dashboard.  Thank's to @Jug I've added support for Gotway wheels that utilise Bluetooth 4.0.  I believe @Jug has an MCM4 he's been testing with.  The app will only read data from the wheel and I have no plans of been able to change or write setting to the wheel.

I'm not 100% confident that Current (in amps) is been collected correctly as this isn't used in the current Gotway app so I had to take a guess as to which figures represent current.  If the current is incorrect the Power will also be incorrect.

The app is available on the Play and Pebble stores.  To get the latest release that supports Gotway you'll need to join the beta using the below link.

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.cooper.wheellog

Play store
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cooper.wheellog

Pebble Store
https://apps.getpebble.com/en_US/application/5793c91150c75291fa00026e

All feedback is appreciated!
Kev

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, JumpMaster said:

I believe it's only the KS16 (which I own) that has a fan.  I haven't filtered the logging data per wheel manufacturer or model yet so some of the fields you see may not be relevant.

Thanks B)

Hello @Battling do you already have the test version or only the version that is on the store? with the store version you won't have gotway support it seems, as i can read from first post. So register as tester and wait until the test version is pushed on your installed version and then try again.

I am doing that. Waiting for the test version to come.

OK, just tested on Android 5.1 and I got all the data

All features are working.
The application autoconnects when the wheel is restarted and works even in background

rcPGpIw.png    ay8jeyU.png

Nota : wheelLog folder created on the SD Card is not visible Windows 7 even by showing hiden and system folders. I had to copy the CSV file on the phone and place it in another folder, then I got it.

That's great, the number of applications born on this forum is increasing.

Thanks. It took a lot of research to get it working in the background. Does the current field work as expected? It should increase under load. Such as pushing down on the front of the wheel and not allowing it to move. Or accelerating or going up hill.

I confirm on a gotway MCM4 HS 340mw it connects and fetch all the data. I managed to easily find the csv file as well, it seems that it's partial, i mean that it doesn't log all but i need to retest as i did only a quick test. 

@JumpMaster Wonderful work! it's great to have a nice app with measures and nicely finished! 

I will keep testing. 

What would be fantastic is to have an estimation of remaining distance based upon the consumption history, like they do on ninebot.

you have the distance and the power consumed....could that be an option?

Great work!

@Chrisjones

That's a lot more complicated then it sounds! Let's just take the KS16 as an example.  There's two different battery sizes and no way to detect which one the user has.  Different wheels have different motor sizes so it would be a nightmare to code and I doubt it would be accurate.  It would be a bit like the fuel gauge in my Honda. It either has fuel or needs filling up imminently!

22 hours ago, Battling said:

OK, just tested on Android 5.1 and I got all the data

All features are working.
The application autoconnects when the wheel is restarted and works even in background

rcPGpIw.png    ay8jeyU.png

Nota : wheelLog folder created on the SD Card is not visible Windows 7 even by showing hiden and system folders. I had to copy the CSV file on the phone and place it in another folder, then I got it.

That's great, the number of applications born on this forum is increasing.

How did you get the second screen to display?

On my ks18 usually only the first screen displays the second one is usually blank, however it did display once not sure what i did that I got it to display.

22 hours ago, JumpMaster said:

Thanks. It took a lot of research to get it working in the background. Does the current field work as expected? It should increase under load. Such as pushing down on the front of the wheel and not allowing it to move. Or accelerating or going up hill.

Yes, it does. I tested it on a medium uphill and got values about 20A (with peaks at 40A). That seems coherent.
Thanks for your work and time.

18 minutes ago, checho said:

How did you get the second screen to display?

I simply sweep from right to left. At the bottom of both screenshots, you can see an orange horizontal line which represents the active screen (grey one indicates the inactive)

On 04.08.2016 at 9:32 PM, JumpMaster said:

The test version with Gotway support is 1.2.0.  Let me know if the version you have is 1.2.0 and it still doesn't work.

Hello!

Unfortunately, it doesn't work with my GotWay MCM4 HS. It finds my wheel during scan, then i press on result and nothing happens. Tried to reboot my wheel and phone (android v. 4.4.2). However, GotWay app works fine.

Can you give this version of the app a try.  It will output the bluetooth data to Downloads/wheellog/bluetoothOutput.txt

If you haven't given the app permissions to write to file you need to click on the logging icon and authorise it.  I want to see if the output is doing anything different.

3 hours ago, access_granted said:

Unfortunately, it doesn't work with my GotWay MCM4 HS. It finds my wheel during scan, then i press on result and nothing happens. Tried to reboot my wheel and phone (android v. 4.4.2). However, GotWay app works fine.

I have exactly the same issue with KS-16 on one of my phones - can find the wheel during the BT scan but nothing happens when you select it / cick on it in the list of found devices. I suspect it's down to Android version ... Works fine on other phone with newer OS version. Both are HTC one phones. If you need exact verrsions @JumpMaster let me know.

4 minutes ago, JumpMaster said:

Version of Android would be helpful.  I can probably get my Nexus 5 to the same version and test.

OK - not working version: 4.4.2

And - working verrsion is: 6.0

19 minutes ago, HEC said:

I suspect it's down to Android version

I suspect that too.

22 minutes ago, JumpMaster said:

If you haven't given the app permissions to write to file you need to click on the logging icon and authorise it.

I've checked the app permissions - it looks OK (write is allowed).

27 minutes ago, JumpMaster said:

It will output the bluetooth data to Downloads/wheellog/bluetoothOutput.txt

Folder Downloads/wheellog is empty.

--

There is a few more people responding about problems on russian forum - half of them have issues with ACM, MCM4, and the other half - don't (with the same wheels). I think it depends on android version.

Archived