Lubrication for the wheel

master255

Now I have mileage more than 700 km. on a new wheel. I remembered that the previous wheel I also greased.
I tried different grease: lithium grease, solidol type and many different ...
But, as practice has shown is best suited silicone grease!

She has one drawback - it dries. But then, to analyze in detail the construction of the wheel, I realized that she did not lubricates the wheel, but blows away dust and dirt. Because the wheel bearings are well sealed.

Since this lubricant prevents rust, then to all I recommend to grease your wheels.

This improves the ride comfort, increasing cruising range, extends engine life.

Approximately once in two weeks must be lubricated:
axle pedals, the telescopic handle (if available) and wheel axle.
To do this, buy a silicone lubricant with a tube for accurate lubrication.  Like on picture 2.
And spray lubricant to the area shown in the picture 1

1) 20160728_134649.jpg

2) 18658836.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@master255 that looks like a good idea.  It mainly blows away the dirt and prevents rust,  Good to know the bearings are sealed.  I am going to try that, I imagine it will make the trolley handle much smoother as well as the pedals folding up and down.

@OliverH, This silicone grease dries quickly. In this her advantage. She lubricates and does not cause the accumulation of dirt.
I repeat: bearings - sealed and this grease and dirt do not get into them. But, as practice shows, this improves driving comfort and significantly prolongs the life of the engine and the battery.

1 hour ago, master255 said:

You have already done the full disassembly of the engine Ninebot One? You know how there are arranged bearings? You tried to do what I have written above?

@OliverH, and where answers on this questions? Who are you to write it?

2 minutes ago, master255 said:

@OliverH, This silicone grease dries quickly. In this her advantage. She lubricates and does not cause the accumulation of dirt.
I repeat: bearings - sealed and this grease and dirt do not get into them. But, as practice shows, this improves driving comfort and significantly prolongs the life of the engine and the battery.

Do it. Keep us informed.

Bicycle riders use some kind of wax to protect the chain and its lubrication from dust and dirt. You can put the wax away with some piece of cloth, clean the chain, lubricate it again. 

This cheap bearings are not running very smooth. But I can't imagine that you can feel less friction to save battery and that it ride more comfortable. The 9b1 has sometimes problems with bearing going south. And problems interfering with the shell where you need 1-2 more shims.

34 minutes ago, master255 said:

My profession told me that's not good. I've learned a mechanical profession. And I've seen this motors open and did it by self. And I've currently have one of this amazing 9b1 which will the first to opt out of our EUC collection.

Do you grease the wheel bearings of your car (if you drive a modern car with sealed bearings)? Why not?

24 minutes ago, master255 said:

Normally it is said to "Don't feed ...."...but i can not resist:

First answer:

Reputation Quote:

@OliverH: 982 Posts->428 reputations earned= near 50%

@master255: 141 Posts->11 reputations earned= near 8%

Second answer:

This is an Forum where People share their experiences and get into discussions...and where you can NOT expect answers like: "Yes, master, you are right"  or "we all love the 9B1P" the hole day Long...

Third answer:

Quote: "As practice shows, this improves driving comfort and significantly prolongs the life of the engine and the battery."

Ahaa: You have for sure done an comparison to a not "lubricated" Ninebot P with a scientific exploration,which you can Show us,  or?

Nope?-> Than your Thoughts about lubrication is as good as anyone else thoughts about  it

So i would know who to trust :-)

14 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

OliverH: 982 Posts->428 reputations earned= near 50%

@master255: 141 Posts->11 reputations earned= near 8%

exactly what I'm talking about! You can even years to sit and write in this forum, but no once to disassemble the motor wheel. I know every detail of the wheel. And you?

17 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

Ahaa: You have for sure done an comparison to a not "lubricated" Ninebot P with a scientific exploration,which you can Show us,  or?

I do not understand. What is the difficulty! Pick up and try to grease. At least a couple of times. You will understand what I mean. It is so difficult to lubricate the wheel and check! You spend more time for that to troll me!

41 minutes ago, OliverH said:

Do it. Keep us informed.

Bicycle riders use some kind of wax to protect the chain and its lubrication from dust and dirt. You can put the wax away with some piece of cloth, clean the chain, lubricate it again. 

This cheap bearings are not running very smooth. But I can't imagine that you can feel less friction to save battery and that it ride more comfortable. The 9b1 has sometimes problems with bearing going south. And problems interfering with the shell where you need 1-2 more shims.

you not understand how it works. And do not have right for talking about it until you understanding why it works.

42 minutes ago, OliverH said:

My profession told me that's not good. I've learned a mechanical profession. And I've seen this motors open and did it by self. And I've currently one of this amazing 9b1 which will the first to opt out of EUC collection.

Do you grease the wheel bearings of your car (if you drive a modern car with sealed bearings)? Why not?

I spit on your profession mechanic. It does not mean anything .
You just do not know what's inside the bearing Ninebot One. And how it works.
On the contrary! If you are a mechanic and never disassembled wheel engine, then you have chosen the wrong profession!

It is foolish to compare the wheel of the car and electro monowheel.

3 minutes ago, master255 said:

exactly what I'm talking about! You can even years to sit and write in this forum, but no once to disassemble the motor wheel. I know every detail of the wheel. And you?

I do not understand. What is the difficulty! Pick up and try to grease. At least a couple of times. You will understand what I mean. It is so difficult to lubricate the wheel and check! You spend more time for that to troll me!

The reputation count is just a number. They could be from nice tour descriptions or what ever. I fully agree. 

I'm person having some mind on things but I'm able to change my mind if someone gives arguments/ evidence. So @master255 could show off what he means in detail. He has two 9b1 but with different firmwares. It could be possible to compare this two wheels, if they have 100% the same components from the same batch series.

Battery last/ distance is a lot based on drive resistance and inclines as well as temperature. Tire pressure changes by 0,5 bar is a lot in distance. Also the bearings I've seen are not the ones I would put in such a product. You can save resistance with bearings. This can be shown on a bench. But @master255 descriptions looks like that it's not something to be only shown on a bench it looks like you can feel the difference.

@master255 The lubrication used is a creep capable grease like used on older motorcycle chains? I can't read this Cyrillic letters so it was a horror for me to visit Moscow years ago.

It wasn't my intention to have bad words about an other if this was understood in this way. My intention was to say there's also a risk to damage something (riding a way with a lot dust/dirt or on wet roads). 

20 minutes ago, master255 said:

I spit on your profession mechanic. It does not mean anything .
You just do not know what's inside the bearing Ninebot One. And how it works.
On the contrary! If you are a mechanic and never disassembled wheel engine, then you have chosen the wrong profession!

It is foolish to compare the wheel of the car and electro monowheel.

We don't come on the same base of discussion. I'm opting out here.

@OliverH, Ok. Maybe you are not so stupid person, it seemed to me at first. 
Really! Did you understand! I am able to feel the difference when driving!
I think this is due to the fact that I travel a lot.
Grease looks like in these pictures. It is a universal, household lubricant.
But be sure to buy it with a tube for accurate lubrication. In order to lubricate the axle only, and not the protective plastic.

And disassemble the engine of wheel! If you're a real mechanic!

silicone.jpg

silicone spray.jpg

I know this ones. I thought you use some other spray. You really need to explain where this has an advantage. You really having not the case interfering the motor cover problem?

As we've a bank holiday in Switzerland I'm now out for a nice barbecue. 

@OliverH, I am not a scientific expert that would explain why the lubrication of rubbing parts - it's good. In general, it is strange that you can doubt this. I know in practice that it was good. And believe me! I checked in practice, a very large number of lubricants! This grease has shown the best results.

This forum could benefit from a thoughtful discussion on what to lubricate and what not to lube on our wheels. And with what lubricant. 

But "spitting on" the profession of a respected member of this forum just because they disagree with you is unacceptably rude and shouldn't be tolerated. I'd urge everyone to be respectful of people's opinions, especially if they disagree. I for one don't want to see this forum brought down to the level of bullyish insults and name-calling. Those kind of places are easy to find on the internet. Places like this — a community of people with like interests, solid information and tenor of respect — are valuable, difficult to find, and worth defending.

Very sorry Master255 I am with Oliver H on this one.

Why would you spray loads of sticky lube on a sealed bearing ?

This will just attract loads of dirt.

If and when the bearing goes it needs replacing.  Unless of course they have grease nipples

I would be interested to know if anyone has replaced bearings on their 9bot ...

Jer

Very sorry Master255 I am with Oliver H on this one.

Why would you spray loads of sticky lube on a sealed bearing ?

This will just attract loads of dirt.

If and when the bearing goes it needs replacing.  Unless of course they have grease nipples

I would be interested to know if anyone has replaced bearings on their 9bot ...

Jer

@jer, It is not sticky grease. This grease dries quickly. And it does not lubricate bearings, but lubricates the place where the wheel touches the bearing. It is hard to explain. Is necessary to show in the photographs.

Just now, master255 said:

@jer, It is not sticky grease. This grease dries quickly. And it does not lubricate bearings, but lubricates the place where the wheel touches the bearing. It is hard to explain. Is necessary to show in the photographs.

you do not read the answers correctly:

the key point is:

the bearing is SEALED...closed...your grease does not reach the bearing!!!

thats the point why you can also put as much grease as you want....it helps nothing...just attracts dirt!

Just now, master255 said:

you do not read the answers correctly:

the key point is:

the bearing is SEALED...closed...your grease does not reach the bearing!!!

thats the point why you can also put as much grease as you want....it helps nothing...just attracts dirt!

:D @KingSong69, you do not read the answers correctly:

5 minutes ago, master255 said:

It is not sticky grease. This grease dries quickly. And it does not lubricate bearings, but lubricates the place where the wheel touches the bearing. It is hard to explain. Is necessary to show in the photographs.

Archived