As I work to achieve a "one with body" skill on my mini pro, I am learning that it is better for me to have my feet against the outer part of foot pads, against the wheel fenders.  This stance and positive foot pressure on side of foot helps tremendously in taking turns faster.    The best I can describe riding the mini-pro is like snow skiing.   You have to commit to the turn with your outer foot. 

Also, I have all my settings on the mini-pro to be most reactive and fast.  I find this is best early on as it will challenge your body and mind to master the mini and your body to react quicker. 

I'm finding the most difficult "brain balance" challenge is when riding on slope along the slop then turning up or down the slope.  Body has to shift correctly to not bump control bar wrong

How do you ride? any tips?

I've just started using minimum steering sensitivity,  This make the MiniPro feel heavier and more stable, and I can give the steering bar a good shove without worrying about the result.  Next I shall try some "suspension" variations.  I think every user will probably have a completely different setup!

• 8 months later...
On 7/24/2016 at 1:33 AM, Ozpeter said:

I've just started using minimum steering sensitivity,  This make the MiniPro feel heavier and more stable, and I can give the steering bar a good shove without worrying about the result.  Next I shall try some "suspension" variations.  I think every user will probably have a completely different setup!

Is what you are referring to the same as the balance assist settings? I got my MiniPro today. Took it out for about 3 miles and did OK. Changed the balance assist from 3.2 to 5 and it seemed to make balance a little easier. I just want to take my time and get comfortable without a lot of crashes. Any setting insights you have are welcome and appreciated. :)

On 7/23/2016 at 10:58 PM, Paulandjacquelyn said:

As I work to achieve a "one with body" skill on my mini pro, I am learning that it is better for me to have my feet against the outer part of foot pads, against the wheel fenders.  This stance and positive foot pressure on side of foot helps tremendously in taking turns faster.    The best I can describe riding the mini-pro is like snow skiing.   You have to commit to the turn with your outer foot. 

Also, I have all my settings on the mini-pro to be most reactive and fast.  I find this is best early on as it will challenge your body and mind to master the mini and your body to react quicker. 

I'm finding the most difficult "brain balance" challenge is when riding on slope along the slop then turning up or down the slope.  Body has to shift correctly to not bump control bar wrong

How do you ride? any tips?

I ride with feet against the wheel fenders also, I feel like I have the most control.

going over bumps -> knees slightly bent

going on slanted roads where one tire is higher than the other -> separate knees more so I don't touch the control stick

• 5 months later...
On 4/5/2017 at 4:57 PM, icom said:

I ride with feet against the wheel fenders also, I feel like I have the most control.

going over bumps -> knees slightly bent

going on slanted roads where one tire is higher than the other -> separate knees more so I don't touch the control stick

This is good insight that I had to learn on my own.

Archived