mini PRO doesn't go straight. :( :(

I've become more and more aware than my mini PRO doesn't track straight. I can push it forward while not on it, and it continually heads off to the left. I notice this when riding, too, that I have to make adjustments to the right to keep tracking straight. :(

I checked my tired pressures and both are at 37 PSI. I also ran the app calibration even though it says it's just for acceleration/braking... No change. :(

My wife also has a mini PRO and hers works perfectly - going very straight. I have no issues on hers.

Is there any other setting or is my mini PRO just broken? :(

5 hours ago, WilliamG said:

....Is there any other setting or is my mini PRO just broken? :(

Hello ;)

i had this issue before, i tried wwith adjust with calibration and a tool "spirit level/bublle level) but no, really doesnt worked, Well, when i restore factory setting will be better fine but choice a plane floor 

5 hours ago, jojo33 said:

Hello ;)

i had this issue before, i tried wwith adjust with calibration and a tool "spirit level/bublle level) but no, really doesnt worked, Well, when i restore factory setting will be better fine but choice a plane floor 

Factory Settings reset in the Ninebot app made no difference. I took my wife's mini PRO and tested again, and hers does the same but nowhere near as bad as mine. I don't know if they all do it...?

1 hour ago, WilliamG said:

Factory Settings reset in the Ninebot app made no difference. I took my wife's mini PRO and tasted again, and hers does the same but nowhere near as bad as mine. I don't know if they all do it...?

Did you desmantle steering bar and remount ? 

41 minutes ago, jojo33 said:

Did you desmantle steering bar and remount ? 

Yes I did. Even without the steering bar attached mine goes left. I can easily tell since I put it on my hard wood floor and push it forward. 

Can it be the wheels are mounted not quite straight?

56 minutes ago, WilliamG said:

Can it be the wheels are mounted not quite straight?

maybe

or wheel one axle could be twisted, slightly

or any axle broken

or last idea is wheel rim is twisted

or dismantle hupcaps and the disc inside (see picture...

Mine was once (just like you so to the left)  but that was different tyre pressure (i got one flat tire on a  glass shard) i fix the hole with car tyre repair kit and pump it up  (both to 45 psi) so now i am fine

Uneven tire pressure, unlevel ground, one wheel running faster then other (electronically), or one wheel not straight, I don't know how exact fitness the axis is in base, do know only a flat on axis is holding it locked in position... pick and choose....

Try to switch the left wheel to the right side and vice versa. After the switch you will be able to tell the reason.

Please note that this might void your warranty since you have to remove the battery to do this.

Alternatively, you just loosen and refit / retighten the bolts holding each wheel. If this does not solve your problem then do the switch and analyze the outcome:

1. Goes straight - one wheel was not mounted properly

2. Draws to the same side - probably a software / controller problem

3. Draws to the other side - most likely something wrong with one of the wheels/motors.

7 hours ago, ATH said:

Try to switch the left wheel to the right side and vice versa. After the switch you will be able to tell the reason.

Please note that this might void your warranty since you have to remove the battery to do this.

Alternatively, you just loosen and refit / retighten the bolts holding each wheel. If this does not solve your problem then do the switch and analyze the outcome:

1. Goes straight - one wheel was not mounted properly

2. Draws to the same side - probably a software / controller problem

3. Draws to the other side - most likely something wrong with one of the wheels/motors.

Which bolts are the specific ones to loosen and tighten to see if it fixes the issue? Pictures would be helpful, thank you!

And thank you all for any assistance you've offered. :)

If you turn your Mini over you will see

• a set of small bolts fixating the wheel covers (no need to touch these)

• a set of bigger bolts in the center, used to fixate the wheel axle. Loosen these bolts and try to nudge/move the wheel axle. Note that there is a flat side on the axle that should fit perfectly with the "plate" that the bolts are holding in place.

Try to correct

1) rotation of axle

2) sideways position of wheel and axle (towards center of the device)

See the pictures get going and you will figure it out ;-)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

If still under warranty why not just return for exchange?  If older I can understand.   If I bought a new car and it was not driving properly, I would take back, not try and fix it.

On the flip side, most of us are probably drawn to this tech and like the opportunity to see how things work lol!  Hope you can resolve either way.

• 2 weeks later...

So to update...

I don't find it super annoying when riding, but when walking the miniPRO around a grocery store it's REALLY annoying to keep having to make it turn right more often to counteract the left turning. GRRRR. :(:(

Not so easy to tell when the power is off, but when you wheel it in that condition, does it seem ok?  Might help to isolate whether it is an electrical problem or mechanical.  Note also that there is a good video of wheel removal and replacement on  Youtube by Speedy Feet.

• 1 year later...

I had the same problem that the steering stick not returned to the centre position and make slow turning movement. also llooks like having some free play on the stick.

solution :remove tthe 2 screws from the steering and lubricate the rotating joint. i used some WD40.

Install steering again and without power moving several times when laying horizontal. so tthe wd40 can enter the joint makes it more easy to recenter. goodluck and give me some feedback if working for you too Marcel 

You can calibrate the offset without mechanical intervention

1. Turn the Ninebot on the back
2. Press the on / off switch - wait until both wheels turn alternately left and right - switch off
3. Turn around and smile - Ninebot no longer turns left or right - calibration completed.

See Video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qB5FvoQIhAQ

Greeting Donald

Archived