Liam Mit

King Song 14C 800W 680Wh - Broken

63 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if replacement motors are available for purchase anywhere? Mine hasn't broken yet, but I'm starting to worry a lot as I near 1000 miles. 

2 hours ago, kasenutty said:

Does anyone know if replacement motors are available for purchase anywhere? Mine hasn't broken yet, but I'm starting to worry a lot as I near 1000 miles. 

It's a throw-away wheel. :)

Bust it up, then trash it.

On mine, the odometer is broken, so does that mean my KS14c is still good for 900 more miles?

Man, I got fucked on mine. Paid 700 and then Kale showed up a couple weeks later dishing them for 500. That extra makes me want to fix it if it breaks. I'd like a 16 or an 18 inch wheel but this is all I have now, and would not mind a backup motor and maybe control board for it. I really love riding my 14c, it's a nice little wheel. 

On 7/14/2017 at 0:34 PM, kasenutty said:

Man, I got fucked on mine. Paid 700 and then Kale showed up a couple weeks later dishing them for 500. That extra makes me want to fix it if it breaks. I'd like a 16 or an 18 inch wheel but this is all I have now, and would not mind a backup motor and maybe control board for it. I really love riding my 14c, it's a nice little wheel. 

Yeah, you can get a brand-new KS14D for a tiny bit more, and it won't have the axle or overcharge problems.

I have noticed some creaking and flexing recently, I'm unsure if it's more or if it was always there.

"Oh, I really like this KS14c suspension!"

"That's not the suspension, lard-ass, that's the whole damned wheel flexing under you!"

I've noticed the same kinda noises, so I'm scared too. I'd really like to have a spare motor sitting around. This is my only wheel and I am terrified of being wheel-less, but just can't afford another wheel right now. 

1 minute ago, kasenutty said:

I've noticed the same kinda noises, so I'm scared too. I'd really like to have a spare motor sitting around. This is my only wheel and I am terrified of being wheel-less, but just can't afford another wheel right now. 

Gimme an offer for a V5F+ with spare shell and spare pedals.

1 hour ago, LanghamP said:

Gimme an offer for a V5F+ with spare shell and spare pedals.

Man, that'd be a great backup. I'm moving into a new place in about a week so I'm pretty broke, but I might PM you in two weeks or so :D

I broke everything down today, and couldn't find a crack in the axle, but had some loose weird pedals. I tightened them up and put everything back together and now when I power up the wheel wants to go full speed forward, then full speed backward. It shut off after that and will not turn on anymore. Did I fry my control board while I was in there maybe? 

13 hours ago, kasenutty said:

I broke everything down today, and couldn't find a crack in the axle, but had some loose weird pedals. I tightened them up and put everything back together and now when I power up the wheel wants to go full speed forward, then full speed backward. It shut off after that and will not turn on anymore. Did I fry my control board while I was in there maybe? 

That's bizarre. By the way, last night I did exactly what you did (many bolts were quite loose so I locktited them up), and I didn't have a cracked axle either, and my weird flexing pedals went away.

Powered up normally. It's solid. Heh I love this little wheel.

I also changed covers and pedals on my V5F+; it also suffered from many loose bolts like 6 out of 20 were loose. Like one was dangling.

I've never seen a metal screw come loose from a plastic receiver, metal to metal often comes loose. Metal into plastic, never. Except here. So something about EUC'S must vibrate perfectly.

When I first got my V5 100% of the handle bolts kept coming loose. Locktited them Suns Um Beeches.

14 hours ago, kasenutty said:

I would disassemble it, look up everything, making sure everything is connected properly, no obvious short circuits and put it back together again and then go from there 

14 hours ago, kasenutty said:

Did you reconnect the motor and sensor cables correctly?

Sounds like wrong connections...Not so easy to fry the Board from simple maintenance!

On 2017-07-21 at 7:01 PM, kasenutty said:

If you can post some photos of the board, maybe that will help.  Double check that the power button connector is seated into the right spot on the control board.  Maybe you have something connected to the calibration jumper.

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love