New Segway Ninebot Mini Pro - Squeaky turn arm

OK, I am changing from NB P EUC to the MIni Pro.  I received the mini pro and it's really fun, but need to get fluent with riding it.  

The turn arm on it squeaks when I push it right.  It's as if too tight from factory. Anyone else have this?  I just got two days ago. I do not want

to lube or loosen anything until I see if this is normal with anyone else?

ok good to go then. I'll spray a bit of silicone dry spray at the squeak point. I just did not want to check and make sure others same way.  
This thing is a blast to ride...can't wait until I get so comfortable it's second nature.    I'm swapping back n forth from this to my NB P and my brain
 is having fun adjusting to each one again

I got this solved

1) unlock your handlebar 

bez_temy_-_alexnzgmail.com_-_Gmail_2016-

2) under lock you will find two hex nuts which are regulate lock grip pressure – just tighten them a bit (1 turn or so is usually enough, just to make lock MUCH harder to lock and make this joining more solid

3) take handlebar off and spray some WD-40 inside the tube

4) put it back and lock grip lock

No more squeaking

OK so I had not yet addressed the squeaks yet, but yesterday the arm was noticeably loose so I removed it and with my finger, turned the two hex screws a few times to tighten for both.  These are loose if latch is not locked so easy to do.   ONCE I did this BOTH issues resolved.  NO squeak or loos handle bar.    So the squeak is just a symptom of a loose control bar.  Tighten the two hexs a couple turns and try, if still squeak, tighten a bit more. 

I did not yet lube anything because it just does not make sense that NB would not do so if required.   I think you may want to remove lube as this may actually encourage movement of the arm and the arm receiver and wear out from friction (though minimal from lube) over time.  Also any movement could stress metal over time so best to fix properly.  No lube needed.  Just tighted these two screws by finger a few turns.  It tightens latch mechanism.

Archived