fearedbliss

Inmotion V5F+ review

236 posts in this topic

@fearedbliss Great review! The red inner ring on each side / shell is just decoration, right? As in they don't light up?

And I'm guessing Jason wasn't able to get you the custom trolley handle?

Interesting. Brings up another question: is it full and constant tiltback at 25kph, i.e. can you cruise at a solid 25kph tiltback-free?

i ask cause my S2 starts initiating full tiltback at abou +14.5mph, so practically, top, tiltback-free cruising speed is 14mph, even though the top speed is 15mph.

@houseofjobTilt back probably starts around 14.4, but don't remember exactly. You can still cruise at a pretty high speed. I'm basically almost always at the max since I normally cruise at 15-16, but never really go above that.

The red rings are only for decoration. The only thing that lights up are the front (blue) ambient lights, the back (red) ambient lights, and the head light.

Edited by fearedbliss

@Jason McNeil @Fahrtwind do you guys have any comments on the information coming from people using the inmotion application that the V5F+ doesn't exist? That it's a fake and that the latest version of the model actually is the V5F?

Edited by JonTheMad

@Jason McNeil you are simply the best!  Do you by the way know anything about possible future plans for Inmotion models featuring 16" or 18" wheels?

So we can say that you are selling a V5F with an upgraded battery. But this is not an official model. In the app, it will identify itself as "V5F". The name "V5F+" is your own idea. True?

I also understand that there will never be any speed difference between V5F and V5F+ because there will always be one V5F firmware version. 

3 hours ago, JonTheMad said:

@Jason McNeil @Fahrtwind do you guys have any comments on the information coming from people using the inmotion application that the V5F+ doesn't exist? That it's a fake and that the latest version of the model actually is the V5F?

this rumour was brought up several times by jealous  other sellers....

just read everything you can find here about this model :-)

i would really like to try one...but i have a big "stop" from my wife in the moment.....

@Jason McNeil Ah...I can sleep better tonight! So awesome you are having sits downs with the manufacturers about improving the product line beyond their scope! A BIG HATS OFF TO YOU!

So the new model shall now be officially called the E-V5F+....EWHEEL V5F+:D

JASON BOURNE THE MAN

Edited by Rehab1

50 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

It's Official, exactly the same as when the V5 came out, then the V5+. Firmware is the same, but is the also the case with the V3 C/Pro/S variants too, uses a common firmware different number/type of batteries.

But all these models show with their exact model name in the app, whereas in the screenshots in this thread it is called V5F.

unfortunatly i can only give one good reputation to your last post @houseofjob

Edited by KingSong69

@Jason McNeil Is the foldable handle an extra option or it comes with V5F+ pre installed ( the comparison chart on the site says it is not)? If it's an add on accessory, ( cost?) can it be retro fitted to NineBot handle somehow?

Just checking.

You guys rock, thanks! Handle is custom-moulded for the V5 shell, doubt it will conform to the Ninebot. 

We're including these free with each purchase for the next month.

Edited by Jason McNeil

9 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

It's Official, exactly the same as when the V5 came out, then the V5+. Firmware is the same, but is the also the case with the V3 C/Pro/S variants too, uses a common firmware different number/type of batteries.

Firmware is the same but a V5F and a V5F+ won't have the same max speeds because the firmware is using the serial number to detect if the wheel is in the "V5F+" batch and if so, only allow those specific wheels to have the higher speed? Or is the firmware just going to upgrade every V5F with the higher speed?

@fearedbliss let me try his wheel last weekend and i liked it a lot. Pedals seem a bit higher, which makes it a bit less stable but very easy to get used to and allows for making tighter turns. Looks like a million bucks too. I wasnt crazy about the shape/ size of the pedals for several reasons but they are not bad. If it came with a 680 - 840 battery and a bit more powerful ( to carry around a fat pig like myself)  id be all over it!

Edited by Cloud

12 hours ago, Cloud said:

If it came with a 680 - 840 battery and a bit more powerful ( to carry around a fat pig like myself)  id be all over it!

There is another option to increase the range and you know it...:P