Flashing Yellow Error Indicator

Zarekai

I have a ninebot one C+ model from speedyfeet.uk which after suffering a terminal crash has since undergone a battery upgrade and control board upgrade from a black c+ board to a green e series board (all parts purchased from ian over at speedyfeet). 

However after the relatively simple swapout of parts which has at least returned power to my wheel while also allowing it to connect to the ninedroid app on my android, the wheel is dysfunctional. The only indicator of the underlying cause is that all of the LEDs on either side of the wheel synchroniously pulse a solid yellow color.

Having updated the app firmware to no result, and having scoured the web in a moderately fastidious manner to no avail, I am at a total loss.

Has anybody else experienced this or have suggestions on resolution? Having just passed the one year mark since the initial debillitating crash I'm growing desperate to get riding again.

Perhaps I did not reinstall the components well enough...(I hear the boards/sensors are quite sensitive)? 

Thanks in advance for any assistance in this matter

~

• 9 months later...

Hello guys,

here my first post cause I got my first problem with my ninebot one E+.
I was riding in a good weather when I arrived at the traffic light and my wheel turned crazy for a second, like sliding on a leaf, then it turned it off after some beeping like for an error (few seconds) and now it's only showing a pulsing yellow light (at the same level like when there's a low level battery).

Autonomy was still 14km, Battery recharged too and now it's full. I've tried to unplugged the battery for like 15min and plug-in again - nothing happen.

I'm quite desperate - thanks fo rany help.

3 hours ago, Decio Bernardo said:

Hello guys,

here my first post cause I got my first problem with my ninebot one E+.
I was riding in a good weather when I arrived at the traffic light and my wheel turned crazy for a second, like sliding on a leaf, then it turned it off after some beeping like for an error (few seconds) and now it's only showing a pulsing yellow light (at the same level like when there's a low level battery).

Autonomy was still 14km, Battery recharged too and now it's full. I've tried to unplugged the battery for like 15min and plug-in again - nothing happen.

I'm quite desperate - thanks fo rany help.

How long have you been riding on your 9b1? Did you see any damages to the battery shrinkwrap when you opened the sidecover up to disconnect the battery?

Open up the other side an look at the controller - any cables/component that looks dodgy? Any signs of water/sand etc.

Did you break hard before EUC turned crazy?

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Vik's said:

How long have you been riding on your 9b1? Did you see any damages to the battery shrinkwrap when you opened the sidecover up to disconnect the battery?

Open up the other side an look at the controller - any cables/component that looks dodgy? Any signs of water/sand etc.

Did you break hard before EUC turned crazy?

495KM since Jan, 9th 2017 till yesterday.

I didn't see any damage on the battery side, I will open it again on the other side and check plus clean in case.

it's still simply blinking yellow, and when I open the app I can see the padlock locked with all details (time, temperature, km, etc) perfectly working, but it's locked.

Temperature when it turned crazy was around 42°

15 minutes ago, Decio Bernardo said:

It means I have simply to contact the vendor on Amazon? 
I'll try to open it and to clean it too maybe after lunch today :(

I suppose it't your best bet. I am afraid that your 9b1's controller maybe fried in some way...

Before you give up on it - try factory reset:

"Try turning the unit on and lifting it up letting the wheel spin until it starts beeping then turn it off. Repeat this 3 times. Ninebot inc told me that this resets the unit to the factory settings. Use caution when doing this."

Edited by Vik's
factory reset
  • Upvote 3

11 hours ago, Vik's said:

"Try turning the unit on and lifting it up letting the wheel spin until it starts beeping then turn it off. Repeat this 3 times. Ninebot inc told me that this resets the unit to the factory settings. Use caution when doing this."

I just did that, can't wait to ride it and see what it feels like with factory reset.  Too bad it is dark now, (not really, but i have had a few beers and am getting ready for sleep in the next hour or two)  but next ride will see if it rides any differently.  The weird thing is, I thought all wheels spun to top speed and shut themselves off, but my ninebot did not shut off.  Maybe because there was no load on it?  I let it run at top speed for about 3 seconds each time.  It didn't beep either.:huh:

That makes me want to turn it on, lift it up, and see if it ever shuts off. But I don't want to do that now, before I ride it again.  After I ride it to see if it is any different, then I will try lifting it up and seeing how long it takes to shut off, or if it even does.

Maybe, I should have waited until it started beeping to turn it off.:huh:  Maybe, I didn't do the factory reset properly?  But still, I will ride it first before trying again.

Edited by steve454
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, steve454 said:

I just did that, can't wait to ride it and see what it feels like with factory reset.  Too bad it is dark now, (not really, but i have had a few beers and am getting ready for sleep in the next hour or two)  but next ride will see if it rides any differently.  The weird thing is, I thought all wheels spun to top speed and shut themselves off, but my ninebot did not shut off.  Maybe because there was no load on it?  I let it run at top speed for about 3 seconds each time.  It didn't beep either.:huh:

That makes me want to turn it on, lift it up, and see if it ever shuts off. But I don't want to do that now, before I ride it again.  After I ride it to see if it is any different, then I will try lifting it up and seeing how long it takes to shut off, or if it even does.

Maybe, I should have waited until it started beeping to turn it off.:huh:  Maybe, I didn't do the factory reset properly?  But still, I will ride it first before trying again.

As @Hunka Hunka Burning Love said, you're probably holding it stable so it never had a chance to reach the max speed. Some steady hands you've got! And that after a few beers! 

If you have no problems with your 9b1 then there shouldn't be any differences after a factory reset other than maybe bluetooth name/passworf being reset. But it wouldn't do any harm either.

Edited by Vik's
  • Upvote 2

20 hours ago, Vik's said:

I suppose it't your best bet. I am afraid that your 9b1's controller maybe fried in some way...

Before you give up on it - try factory reset:

The thing is: "Try turning the unit on and lifting it up"  --> it doesn't start to spin. it stays like off, yellow beep and that's it :(

2 hours ago, Decio Bernardo said:

The thing is: "Try turning the unit on and lifting it up"  --> it doesn't start to spin. it stays like off, yellow beep and that's it :(

Right... That's a bummer.

I don't know if i.e 9Bmetrics can show some more information about your wheel, maybe even some error code. Worth a try if you have an iphone?

Other than that, I can't for the life of me find any info about pulsing yellow lights. It could be a controller or the motor or both...

4 hours ago, Vik's said:

I don't know if i.e 9Bmetrics can show some more information about your wheel, maybe even some error code. Worth a try if you have an iphone?

Other than that, I can't for the life of me find any info about pulsing yellow lights. It could be a controller or the motor or both...

I can't find the app on my iStore ? is still a valid and available app?

15 hours ago, Vik's said:

If you have no problems with your 9b1 then there shouldn't be any differences after a factory reset

Yes, I have no problems and took it for a quick ride after work, it feels the same.

11 minutes ago, Decio Bernardo said:

Any way..there's no solution. Even with Gyrometrics I can't do anything. Nobody here around knows or had the same problem? I've also the black box file, that i've sent to ninebot but no answers yet (10days already).

#frustrated 

Sorry to hear that... I am not sure if blackbox feature works on ninebot one. It's have been introduced after A1/S2 and miniPro models and supposedly work with those newer models.

Did you hear anything from Amazon-seller?

BTW, If you roll your 9b1 by hand does it roll smoothly or stutter like something is stuck in the motor?

Just now, Vik's said:

Sorry to hear that... I am not sure if blackbox feature works on ninebot one. It's have been introduced after A1/S2 and miniPro models and supposedly work with those newer models.

Did you hear anything from Amazon-seller?

BTW, If you roll your 9b1 by hand does it roll smoothly or stutter like something is stuck in the motor?

Thanks Vik, it seems smoothly true is that I see some hair rounded a little bit on the pin of the wheel.. but I think it's normal..and it's not that huge amount of hair (or dust).

I'm writing a message to Amazon, cause the link in their page for returning an article doesn't work if >30days. 

The reason I ask about stuttering is that most of the controller/motherboard failures gets "stuttering motor" symptoms. So in your case, it could be a motor that gave up the ghost.

• 2 years later...
On 5/3/2017 at 1:30 PM, Vik's said:

old topic, but for future reference, a single yellow led flashing on each side means that no motor was detected.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1