Tips and tricks for using this forum efficiently?

If any regulars here have any favorite tips and tricks for browsing this forum please share them here for the benefit of everyone else.  I'm sure there are a lot of different methods and settings that most of us don't know about with this forum software.

The normal "unread content" -stream seems to only show content that's been posted since your last visit, even if you didn't read everything last time. Steps for creating a custom stream for seeing all unread posts:

• Select the Activity-tab from the top of the page (in desktop, don't know how it looks / where it is on mobile)
  • Select My Activity Streams -> Create New Stream
  • Give the stream a title, I've named it "My unread"
    • Set Show me as you like (everything or comments, ie. posts, only)
    • Clicking Unread Items -> Take me to the first unread comment
    • Set Content types as you want (I use All content)
    • Read status -> Content I haven't read (this is the important bit ;))
    • Following -> Everything and Ownership -> Everything (or whatever you like)
    • Time period -> Any time (optionally, you could use something like a specific number of days or date range or since your last visit, but if it's since your last visit, it basically works like the "normal" unread content

After saving changes, you're taken to your newly created stream. There are three buttons next to the stream name, clicking the rightmost (Set as your default stream), you'll get a handy quick-link to the stream in your top right corner of the forum view (next to Mark site read).

Probably not that useful unless you have a habit of reading everything that ever gets posted (like probably most mods do).

• 4 months later...
6 minutes ago, steve454 said:

What time of day does the reputations reset?

I'm not certain but I would guess midnight in one of the USA time zones since it's hosted on Amazon (on my behalf).  But 40 a day (for "Full Members") should be more than enough to not even think about this issue?

I don't think it is midnight, I gave some reps last night, and this morning after about 3 or 4 reps got the message about only being allowed 40 a day.  I will go to the Invision web site and see what it says.  Maybe I just need to do a hard refresh.

40 a day is plenty, I don't think I ever use that many in a day, I could be wrong about that.

15 minutes ago, steve454 said:

Apparently, it resets around noon, I just now gave a reputation.

You might be right, but I've noticed it seems to trickle feed me reputations, I.e. It might suddenly let me give another two and then say "sorry" again. My purely gut feeling is that it is a rolling 24 hours, I.e. If a gave 5 reps yesterday evening and the rest this morning it will let me give another 5 this evening?

2 minutes ago, Keith said:

You might be right, but I've noticed it seems to trickle feed me reputations, I.e. It might suddenly let me give another two and then say "sorry" again. My purely gut feeling is that it is a rolling 24 hours, I.e. If a gave 5 reps yesterday evening and the rest this morning it will let me give another 5 this evening?

That could be.

I gave some reputations last night, then more this morning, I thought I only gave 3 or 4 but after checking my activity found that I gave 21:blink1:

Archived