Protective Wear Suggestions for EUC Riding

• 1 month later...

Man the search function on this forum sucks big time.  Any ways - just wanted to share a find I got for $11.99 from Canadian Tire:

IMG_2094.jpg

Although there's only one Velcro strap - it works pretty good.  I practiced a quick knee drop, and the thick foam padding cushioned things nicely.  Price was right too.

http://kneepads.com/hd447.html

Edited by HunkaHunkaBurningLove

As a brand new EUC owner with less than an hour's riding time I will say that my tall and heavy motorcycle boots have worked wonders in protecting my ankles and shins and keeping them mostly pain free. I wish I had thought of using them right from the beginning

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/27/2016 at 5:29 PM, Cloud said:

Yes i have been using the bigger shield basically all the time and all the way down, looks real cool. People have been telling me i look like robocop, iron man, tron, etc. it has a fantastic effect on people when i pass them buy. Combined with the lights on the helmet and the wheel and the music, the effect is phenomenal. 

Why do you have to show me all these links?! I have no will power. Now i have to buy this t shirt!!!! Crazyyyyyyyyyy

Hey Cloud, did you end up buying the arc reactor T-shirt?  Do you have any photos or video?  How did it work out?

2 hours ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

Hey Cloud, did you end up buying the arc reactor T-shirt?  Do you have any photos or video?  How did it work out?

No man, i was able to resist your evil influence, fought with the urge for a while and stayed strong! 

Wanted to be tron this helloween but it never happened, never got the costume, as it woukd require a lot of mods, but at the last moment pulled the trigger a simpler costume, i will show it when the time comes :) 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Cloud said:

No man, i was able to resist your evil influence, fought with the urge for a while and stayed strong! 

Wanted to be tron this helloween but it never happened, never got the costume, as it woukd require a lot of mods, but at the last moment pulled the trigger a simpler costume, i will show it when the time comes :) 

evilplan.jpg

62431476.jpg

kUcs7TAgIMVMc3oc-XiEizYB1klxcM6B4XU6ZJh_

if-i-had-that-crazy-dream-fantasy-sequen

You WILL join me, and together we shall rule the EUC forums!!!

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

4 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I wonder if those clips would hold directly on the front / back of an EUC? 

• Upvote 1

That's a good idea!  I was wondering how they stay on shoes for running as the little teeth on the end parts don't look that grippy.  I think they rely on the heel on shoes being a little wider so the light grips on well.  I think they might be too narrow to attach onto a EUC shell itself.  Maybe a little velcro double stick tape would work if you could find a narrow enough spot...

• 4 weeks later...

I wear a 661 upper body pressure suit with additional wrist guards, and kneepads. Fits under a coat so I don't look too much like a shit robocop.

I also wear a full moto helmet on freezing winter days and for stunt / speed riding on bmx tracks etc. Pretty sure I look like a proper pillock with that on, so I don't get it out very often... but the rest of it - never leave home on a wheel without it...

CBR

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

I wear a 661 upper body pressure suit with additional wrist guards, and kneepads. Fits under a coat so I don't look too much like a shit robocop.

Funny you should say that. After my recent accident where a biker crashed into me, hit my chest and knee and cause pd a tear in my miniscus and an acute bursitis ive ordered a new pair of  motorcycle knee pads

http://www.ebay.com/itm/122063299300?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=421097614582&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

and...a chest guard..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111523624973?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

with this chest guard, i was actually going for the robocop look...in any case it doesnt fit under the coat so Robocop it is...

Edited by Cloud
  • Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Cloud said:

with this chest guard, i was actually going for the robocop look...in any case it doesnt fit under the coat so Robocop it is...

Yeah, in Summer, when it's too hot for a coat, I'll be in full robo mode too.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Cloud said:

Funny you should say that. After my recent accident where a biker crashed into me, hit my chest and knee and cause pd a tear in my miniscus and an acute bursitis ive ordered a new pair of  motorcycle knee pads

http://www.ebay.com/itm/122063299300?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=421097614582&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Hardcore pro riders use motorcycle and BMX gear when riding.  It's the only way to go if you want to stay in the game for the long run.  I've never had a bad fall yet, knock on wood, but I'm prepared as much as possible for it.  :innocent1:  I think the gear I wear looks pretty cool actually.  When kids 12-15 tell you you're lit and got swag I think I've passed the acid test.  :thumbup:

@Cloud - I hope those knee pads turn out okay.  My pair that I bought had similar looking plastic rivet joints, and they were so cheap some popped out.  I never ended up using them.  I'm very wary now of any with the plastic rivets.  :facepalm:

a5a49ea260.jpeg

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Upvote 1

On 12/8/2016 at 9:49 PM, Chuts said:

I think a lot of people don't wear protective gear because they have an idea that it is not cool to do so.  In terms of coolness factor I think with the kind of safety gear available nowadays actually enhances your look.  EUs are futuristic and if the rider looks futuristic too, in my eyes it enhances the image.  As oppose to a rider wearing a flannel shirt, dirty jeans and ratty pumps.

For my current load-out I  wear elbow / forearm guards, gloves, knee / shin protection guards and a helmet.  I have looked at several body armors and this maybe a little unorthodox but I have gone with some ice hockey shoulder pads.  These will protect my sternum, spine, biceps and of course shoulders.  Went with these pads because I didn't want to sacrifice mobility and you can get a decent set without breaking the bank.  With a setup like this I already don't look like the average Joe and I think it is somewhat cool.

Image1.png

Image2.png

Image3.png

Image4.png

@chuts those are pretty cool looking pads, looks futuristic and well protected.  Did you find them online or at a sporting goods store?

@steve454 Mailed ordered everything and from different outlets.  Would have loved to get everything locally so that I could inspect what the products where like before I bought them.  You also get to use your purchases right away.  I live in the more rural areas in Hong Kong so to get to a decent retailer I would need to travel an hour one way to the central areas of the city where all the good shops are, time which I don't have.  

However buying stuff online means more choice if you don't mind having to wait a week or so to receive them.  For heavier items the shipping can be a bit of a killer too.

Almost all the gear I got from the USA so as you are someone who lives there should be a simple process for you and you probably will get free shipping, if you don't in fact just go out to buy them.

On 20 July 2016 at 8:27 AM, HEC said:

Anyone have any good tip for glasses? I have issues with most (sun-)glasses that they limit my field of vision and even the "frameless" are not as comfortable. I'm basically looking for something to keep bugs, flies and other airborne creatures out of my eyes (preferably also nose & mouth but I don't want to wear scuba gear :D).

Jesus man! How fast are you riding?!?!?!  Bugs in your teeth is usually a motorcycle problem. ?

Btw riding a motorcycle in the rain without face protection is the worst.  Rain drops hitting your lips is like a thousand tiny bee stings. Sounds weird but it's true.

@Chuts I'm on a really slow internet connection right now, so when I saw your "naked" post last night, that's all I saw.  I've never seen this thread before.  However, now I've taken a look at it this morning, I must say your kit looks really cool, and practical.  And I now know why you felt naked without it.  It's funny though, @Hunka Hunka Burning Love And others are cleaning up the Ali express Chinese market so they can put new stuff straight in the bin, and you're in Hong Kong ordering from the US.  You're probably getting the real stuff though.

• Upvote 1

Here's a picture of my pretend Chinese fighter pilot helmet.  As you can see I'm not EUC ing. It's lost in history now, only to be remembered  in this one photo.  I think I paid less than $20 but that was 12 years ago.

e839a645a0.jpeg

Edited by Smoother
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Smoother said:

Jesus man! How fast are you riding?!?!?!  Bugs in your teeth is usually a motorcycle problem. ?

Btw riding a motorcycle in the rain without face protection is the worst.  Rain drops hitting your lips is like a thousand tiny bee stings. Sounds weird but it's true.

Bugs in the eyes happens all the bloody time in Summer here, no matter what speed you ride.

For me, shades are essential for EUC'ing, but I don't find that they restrict my visibility at all...

• Upvote 2