Ninebot mini keeps flashing red led and beeping. Won't pair.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Dannyar said:

Did you update to latest firmware. Are you having issues?

Yes, but with the device itself, because firmwares 1.2.7 and 1.2.8 are crap, but the upgrade process itself worked smoothly.

Because Denniss from this forum found a way to downgrade to 1.1.7 again, and based on Denniss' findings Alexander, also in this forum, put the fw1.1.7 file behind his DNS server, many of us were able to downgrade their Minis to 1.1.7 again, which works quite well.

So I am very interested in 2 things: when a new firmware will arrive, which repairs the 1.2.8 problems; and how these new hassle you and others describe, will develop in the next days.

I don't see a way to fix our problem because it seems to be with the hardware now. Even if a fix is pushed out there would be no way for us to process the update because our minis won't stay powered on for more than 20 seconds. 

My unit is not fake. It's legit and came sealed. It communicates fine with the mini. The problem is with the firmware update ninebot released. After that it bricked my device and now the ninebot will not stay on for longer than 20 a seconds. 

Sounds like it may have been hacked to sell it.  One option would be to buy a new board.  Then you could change the serial number and have a working device:unsure:  For a couple days been trying to watch a DVD I bought and keep getting the no signal message on the television.  Thought maybe the DVD player went bad.  Tried again this morning and found out I had pressed the wrong button on the remote control.  So there is still hope that someone can give you good advice and get it working again.

39 minutes ago, steve454 said:

Sounds like it may have been hacked to sell it.  One option would be to buy a new board.  Then you could change the serial number and have a working device:unsure:  For a couple days been trying to watch a DVD I bought and keep getting the no signal message on the television.  Thought maybe the DVD player went bad.  Tried again this morning and found out I had pressed the wrong button on the remote control.  So there is still hope that someone can give you good advice and get it working again.

Appreciate it but this really isn't an option for me. Not gonna spend more money to fix it when I can just send it back for a full refund. 

I think you're confused. The last picture I posted clearly shows CPU control board error 29. Also I don't really understand what your saying in your last post. Your talking about CPU and bms but what do you want me to do to it? Take it  apart? I'm not looking to take this thing all apart when I can just return it. 

I don't think so. Ninebot makes a mini and Segway makes the mini pro. The Ninebot mini is the one sold in China that this seller imported and I purchased. There's no such thing as a Xiaomi mini. There's a Ninebot mini and the Segway mini pro which is sold in the US. 

Well ive heard back from ninebot service support and have told me that error code 29 is a CPU hardware failure and the CPU must be replaced. They have asked for the serial number of my ninebot to send replacement parts but since I am returning the device back to the ebay seller then I don't need them. Hope this helps you guys with the same issues.

19 hours ago, Dannyar said:

Well ive heard back from ninebot service support and have told me that error code 29 is a CPU hardware failure and the CPU must be replaced. They have asked for the serial number of my ninebot to send replacement parts but since I am returning the device back to the ebay seller then I don't need them. Hope this helps you guys with the same issues.

Thanks for the info, Danny.

1 hour ago, leoncoolmoon said:

I updated my ninebot mini and got the same issue. just wondering how to contact nine bot?

Write an email to service@ninebot.com, including your Mini serialnumber and a problem description.

To me it sounds very strange that this could be a "CPU hardware failure", because that would mean, a whole charge of produced Minis must have this problem. 

I tend to believe, that's not the case, and it is some problem with the firmware upgrade procedure.

Please tell us:

How old is your Mini, is it a new one ?

Which App version did you use (3.6 or an older one) ?

And which firmware was on the Mini before ?

If we get these infos, also from others with this problem, we could possibly draw a picture out of the puzzle.

Thanks, HtG

I took a video but unfortunately cannot direct upload as it allow only 3.13MB. See if can see ?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ewlhu6wo2ni2w2b/video-1467117068.mp4?dl=0

I had separately dropped Ninebot an email but it seems they support Ninebot Mini PRO only. What I did was to follow the on screen prompt when it prompted me to update my firmware. It was pretty straight forward. After the upgrade, now the device cannot work anymore.

My device was bought in March this year. I do not know about my previous App version but after upgrade to latest version v3.6 and also unit firmware to V1.2.8, the whole unit basically became unworkable. I do not know about my previous unit firmware version as I had never upgrade until now.

Thank you. We shared your recommendations on the Russian forum to whom it may concen but it seems that it doesn't solve the issue.

BTW, App. V3.6.1 has been issued today.

3.6.1 Release Notes (Google Translate from Chinese):
1 unicycle optimization (dashboard speed display problems).
2 modify the firmware upgrade (after booting issue alarms).
3 modify other bug.

Please try this app, maybe it can help to solve the issue.

2 hours ago, Dannyar said:

If anyone else who has this issue is able to try booting with the new 3.6.1 update and see if it fixes it let us know. The app update claims to fix the alarm and flashing problem we have been having.

This update does not solve the problem

Archived