2.5" tyre 14" electric unicycle 30 km/h high speed with Bluetooth App

Lz Lee

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a completely pointless post, what does "Oh look we can fit a big fat tyre on our wheel" actually tell us?

No details of the EUC

No name for it or the company, least wise "Microworks production" (if that is the name?) finds too many companies to be meaningful

No link to it

No specifications

Weird ill fitting peddles that won't close properly as they look like they are designed for a KingSong type wheel so get pushed out by that central rib on this one.

What looks like a non-standard charging socket by its large size.

In fact, if Frankenstein built an EUC - this would be it.

Seq. Part Name Brand Name Qty
(pcs)
Note
1 14" Motor 500W  MW 1  
2 Controller 30A MW 1 Option
3 Controller 30B with App bluetooth MW 1
4 Battery 260wh Org panasonic 1  
5 Battery 340wh Org panasonic 1
6 Outer tire 14x 2.5" Kenda/chaoyang 1 China famous brands of the tires
7 Inner tube  Kenda/chaoyang 1
8 Plastic Shell MW 2  
9 Plastic cover MW 2
10 Alum Mounter MW 2
11 Alum Pedal MW 2
12 Silicon Cover MW 2
13 Pedal rods MW 2
14 Leds of Power indicator MW Some  
15 small pcba of Leds MW
16 Switch On/Off and wires MW
17 hexagonal screws and bushings MW
18 Another accessories MW
19 Charger MW 1  
20 Package MW Box+EPE  

If lost details, please let me know without hesitation.  thank you 

6 hours ago, Keith said:

What a completely pointless post, what does "Oh look we can fit a big fat tyre on our wheel" actually tell us?

No details of the EUC

No name for it or the company, least wise "Microworks production" (if that is the name?) finds too many companies to be meaningful

No link to it

No specifications

Weird ill fitting peddles that won't close properly as they look like they are designed for a KingSong type wheel so get pushed out by that central rib on this one.

In fact, if Frankenstein built an EUC - this would be it.

thanks for your reminding.  Our company full name:  Microworks Electronic Mechanical Co., Ltd

Brand name: Geekwheel

We will issue more products later.  

thank you again :)

5 hours ago, Leech said:

Maybe message was sent on occasion, instead of saving as a draft. I encountered this once when pressed Ctrl+Enter instead of Enter to make a new string.

thanks for your understanding, my friend.   Just web page error,  i click many buttons caused this.  

I am interested in this idea of a 14-inch wheel using a 2.5-inch tire. As you know, IPS decided to use a 2.5-inch tire on the IPS191 Lhotz 16-inch wheel. I think the 2.5-inch tire offers advantages in comfort and performance, especially on rough surfaces. I have not yet seen a 14-inch EUC that offers a 2.5-inch tire. Looking on the website linked below, I did not find the EUC shown in the photos at the beginning of this thread. However, this company has a large variety of EUC components. A knowledgeable person could almost build a complete EUC or repair or customize an existing EUC with the parts available here.

http://microworks.en.alibaba.com/

Do you represent the manufacturer of a new brand of monowheels or brand of monowheels` parts? Is it possible to order a wheel directly from you? What are the prices of monowheels? On your account on alibaba i saw gotway wheels, are you selling gotway too?

9 hours ago, Keith said:

Actually the pedals fitting itself is perfectly fine as if you look closely you'll see that unlike shafts on other wheels those here are in L shape with enough offset for the pedal axels to allow them to be folded nicely upright without hitting the shaft protrusion. I have one wheel with pedals exactly like this and I actually prefer this type of mounting pedals for two reasons . First - you can actually use the whole width of the pedal as it's not made partially useless by the protruding shaft as in the model with I shafts. Also having no gap in the middle makes it better for the friction (after applying some antislip surface as those are originally almost unusable due to the high slippage in its original state). While the pedal's fittings are perfectly fine the issue is actually with the pedals itself. First of all they're extremely slippy and almost unusable without applying some additional friction tape /surface. Another issue is that they're almost horizontal even without load and once you hop in they feel like bending downwards under the load making it even hard to stay on. They are also fairly thin and not as much triangual shape in cut like some branded pedals. Basically they're missing the common V shape / slight tillt up we are used to from branded wheels. Solution to this is to apply thick tape at the bottom side end of the L shaped shaft to make pedals bit more tilted up.

In regards of charging port it's standard GX16 socket with just a bit larger silicone cap ;)

4 hours ago, MaxLinux said:

Looking on the website linked below, I did not find the EUC shown in the photos at the beginning of this thread. However, this company has a large variety of EUC components. A knowledgeable person could almost build a complete EUC or repair or customize an existing EUC with the parts available here.

http://microworks.en.alibaba.com/

Yeah looks like EUC tinkerer's paradise! You can build a whole fleet of the wheels from their parts. Got really tempted by their 22" motor and also by this nice 12V car EUC charger which I'm after for a while now but the minimum order is 5 pcs on those ... Would be nice to get hold of samples on both as I've had already a few enquiries for 22" sized wheels and car / solar chargers too.

I kinda like it although maybe a little more fender coverage would be nice.  Since it's using Microworks controllers you can get replacement parts easily.  Ever try searching for Gotway or Kingsong replacement controllers?  Yikes...  

The heavy duty tire looks pretty versatile.  The case is pretty generic looking though in terms of style.  Um, Geekwheel?  Yeah I wouldn't necessarily go with that particular name.   It's not very appealing in Western culture.  Cross Nerdwheel, Idiotwheel, or Loserwheel off the list too if you want sales.  :P  Sprint Wheel?  Veilopro?  Arcowheel?  Pick something cooler and Google it to make sure it's not taken.

Angle pedals up slightly to prevent lateral slippage, add small grip spikes while leaving space for grip tape if needed and trim the outer corners to allow sharp turns without scrapes.  Human feet aren't shaped like a rectangle.  Form should follow function.

Can you reprogram the control board to be mounted on top of the wheel in a horizontal position so the two side boxes can hold batteries?  It is a pretty trivial change in the firmware, but it opens up much more EUC design options.  Also sell the horizontal control boards on AliExpress, and I think a few people here @electric_vehicle_lover @MattJ @RolluS would buy some!

Welcome to the forums by the way!  We like that you also sell control boards and other parts to the homebrew community.  Nice to see you producing a whole EUC product.   Don't forget to get some sexy models and make a nice logo for your wheel/company.  B)

image.jpg

9 hours ago, Jurgen said:

The IPS Llhotz was developed for offroad use, but 16" is a bit small for that. 

If you want a more comfy ride, just try lowering the tire pressure.

You are correct.  Lower tube pressure is helpful for riding.   and other side,  it can't save power.  Get a balance point.

Modified 14" x2.5" version ,  the whole scooter higher than before.  Increased about 25-30 mm.

That would be comfortable for legs.

6 hours ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

I kinda like it although maybe a little more fender coverage would be nice.  Since it's using Microworks controllers you can get replacement parts easily.  Ever try searching for Gotway or Kingsong replacement controllers?  Yikes...  

The heavy duty tire looks pretty versatile.  The case is pretty generic looking though in terms of style.  Um, Geekwheel?  Yeah I wouldn't necessarily go with that particular name.   It's not very appealing in Western culture.  Cross Nerdwheel, Idiotwheel, or Loserwheel off the list too if you want sales.  :P  Sprint Wheel?  Veilopro?  Arcowheel?  Pick something cooler and Google it to make sure it's not taken.

Angle pedals up slightly to prevent lateral slippage, add small grip spikes while leaving space for grip tape if needed and trim the outer corners to allow sharp turns without scrapes.  Human feet aren't shaped like a rectangle.  Form should follow function.

Can you reprogram the control board to be mounted on top of the wheel in a horizontal position so the two side boxes can hold batteries?  It is a pretty trivial change in he firmware, but it opens up much more EUC design options.  Also sell the horizontal control boards on AliExpress, and I think a few people here @electric_vehicle_lover @MattJ @RolluS would buy some!

Welcome to the forums by the way!  We like that you also sell control boards and other parts to the homebrew community.  Nice to see you producing a whole EUC product.   Don't forget to get some sexy models and make a nice logo for your wheel/company.  B)

image.jpg

your proposal is appreciated.  Maybe most of Chinese people only know plain western culture.  

Our controller can be put vertical and horizontal.  both ok.  

For 14 " shells,  it can contain 32 cells ( one side vertical controller) or 64 cells ( 2 sides + horizontal controller on the top) 

we have finished new controller with 12MOS.  it will be produced in next month.  ( it intergrated more functions).   we will issue more details in next month

It's difficult to know what's cool or not especially in a different culture so no fault there.  For example, if someone were to ask me to choose a brand name that would be popular in China I would not have a clue.

Some people have purchased the Microworks 30B4 controller.  Could you tell us how to configure it in a horizontal orientation?  Is there a firmware flash required so the gyro orientation will work in horizontal mode?  It would be much appreciated if you could provide that to the users here so they can adjust their boards.

The 12 MOSFETs controller sounds very promising as several 6 MOSFET boards seem to burn out more easily often due to overheating.  Is it possible to separate the MOSFETs from the main controller board and have them placed on a separate smaller board with a connecting cable to allow more creative placement of the heatsink?  I think we will look forward to the 12 MOSFET offering being available.  Again, welcome to the forums and thank you for sharing these interesting products from Microworks!

Welcome to the forums ;)

2 hours ago, Lz Lee said:

we have finished new controller with 12MOS.  it will be produced in next month.  ( it intergrated more functions).   we will issue more details in next month

I can't wait for this, please let us informed. If tester needed, I would be glad to help.
I use an horizontal 30B actually, on a DIY single wheel skateboard.

32 minutes ago, RolluS said:

Welcome to the forums ;)

I can't wait for this, please let us informed. If tester needed, I would be glad to help.
I use an horizontal 30B actually, on a DIY single wheel skateboard.

yes  the 30B also use on single wheel skateboards.  but it is different programmings with electric unicycle.

we supply controller to single wheel skateboard factories since last year.

but we have to know how about your motor.

I think @electric_vehicle_lover is using the 500 w Microworks electric motor:

https://github.com/EGG-electric-unicycle/documentation/wiki/Motor-MicroWorks-500W-30km-h

for his project:

But he couldn't figure out how to mount the Microworks controller horizontally.  Maybe he can give you the details if he replies to this thread.

30B4 controller board just works on horizontal if MicroWorks programs it to you before you buy it. Standard programming is for vertical. They can't provide a tool to program the board to horizontal or that way they would be giving you the programming firmware that obviously they don't want.

I will make OpenSource firmware for the boards so we don't depend on this.

9 hours ago, Lz Lee said:

For 14 " shells,  it can contain 32 cells ( one side vertical controller) or 64 cells ( 2 sides + horizontal controller on the top) 

we have finished new controller with 12MOS.  it will be produced in next month.  ( it intergrated more functions).

Prepare the wheel with 64 cells, 2.5" tire, horizontal controller with 12 CMOSes and improve the pedals as already mentioned above in this thread and you'll have guaranteed sales right here in the forums. You can also sell it as DYI kit - I for sure would get a couple.

13 hours ago, Lz Lee said:

You are correct.  Lower tube pressure is helpful for riding.   and other side,  it can't save power.  Get a balance point.

Modified 14" x2.5" version ,  the whole scooter higher than before.  Increased about 25-30 mm.

That would be comfortable for legs.

Good point; compared to the 16" IPS T series, the Lhotz's wheel is almost 1" taller because of the taller side walls of the tire (at 4,2 bar) .

Thinking about it a bit more I wonder if the pedal shape might be fine if they have been raised 3 cm?  Some people like the extra large pedal size for larger feet.  If there's no scraping on tight turns they could be fine?

I wish the new MicroWorks wheel (tentatively renamed MW Falcon14 in my mind instead of Geekwheel :lol:)  had a less generic shell casing.  That would set it apart from all the other gazillion wheels that use that box with handle shape.  They need something that says yeah that's different and have some impressive specifications from the start.

There some design talk in this thread:

I wonder if Solowheel would be interested in selling that one design they didn't use to recoup some design money.

17 hours ago, HEC said:

Prepare the wheel with 64 cells, 2.5" tire, horizontal controller with 12 CMOSes and improve the pedals as already mentioned above in this thread and you'll have guaranteed sales right here in the forums. You can also sell it as DYI kit - I for sure would get a couple.

thanks for your suggestion.   I will .

when we issue new controller, i will post here or free sample for testing and comments.

10 hours ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

Thinking about it a bit more I wonder if the pedal shape might be fine if they have been raised 3 cm?  Some people like the extra large pedal size for larger feet.  If there's no scraping on tight turns they could be fine?

I wish the new MicroWorks wheel (tentatively renamed MW Falcon14 in my mind instead of Geekwheel :lol:)  had a less generic shell casing.  That would set it apart from all the other gazillion wheels that use that box with handle shape.  They need something that says yeah that's different and have some impressive specifications from the start.

There some design talk in this thread:

I wonder if Solowheel would be interested in selling that one design they didn't use to recoup some design money.

Your suggest is appreciated.  Falcon sounds good.  I will re-discuss brand name with my colleages later.  

we also had a short term project cooperation with SOLOWHEEL before.  

Archived