KS16 downgrading firmware

Jimi00

Hi all!

I as well did the downgrade meanwhile to 1.18. I had some severe problems. I took the file which was posted in this topic somewhere here. But this file is bricked and with flashing it, I almost ruined my wheel....

I was lucky that the bluetooth connection worked as well after. The wheel didn't switch off any more and I couldn't do anything...

If you have a bricked Firmware on the wheel and you still can connect, the kingsong App allows you to go the firmware upgrade again and download again the newest version. The only thing what i needed to do was "waiting" a little. Then the page listed me all available firmware versions for any wheel. I selected KS-16B and thats it. Download, Upgrade and my wheel was rocking again!

Thanks to Jimi, that he sent me his 1.18 - bin file after. With this file everything worked and my wheel is on 1.18, Kilometer not resetted but I needed to enter the code with the generator to free the speed limits.

See you later - I'm gling for a ride now :)

PS: If @Jimi00 allwos me, I can send his instruction + a readme how I did everything to interested downgraders...

Emanuel

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...

This happened to me. It was a cold morning and battery was lowish. I think about 50,% of course I didn't have wheel logger on ?. I was crossing a busy street and leaned into it pretty good but was not going near 30kph, 20 ish I would guess. Extreme tilt back, which stops acceleration, then the tilt back turns off just a suddenly. Soft pedals, pitching me forward. That's when I couldn't ride it out. Maybe next time now that i know. as it slowed me down I was fine but the safety  feature caused me to go down. Ks14c 680

• 6 months later...

I hate this feature. It destroyed my ks14d that was an amazing wheel.

Makes me do 20km/h at 48%battery so half the time im better off on my wind rider.

Before the update i could do 30km/h uphill even at 25% Battery 

On 2016-6-25 at 0:38 AM, Jimi00 said:

EDIT29/07 : Original post

Hi all,

Does anybody know if there a way to downgrade the firmware on a KS16 ? 

I'm currently on v1.20 and I'd like to revert to v1.18 

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

EDIT29/07 : Update

If you don't want to read all pages in this post, here is a sum-up : i finally managed to downgrade my firmware on my KS16B.

I've finally decided to share directly here my HOWTO i've written for the occasion. Some of you has already successfully downgraded their wheel with this procedure. Here it is : 

FORCING A FIRMWARE DOWNGRADE ON KINGSONG KS16 WHEEL.pdf

IMPORTANT : You'll need a ***rooted*** smartphone

Disclaimer as a reminder : YOU DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK, I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR BRICKED DEVICES OR THINGS THAT HAPPEN TO YOU OR YOUR DEVICES BECAUSE OF THIS DOWNGRADE!

Screenshot_2017-06-13-07-06-09.png

On 2016-6-25 at 0:38 AM, Jimi00 said:

EDIT29/07 : Original post

Hi all,

Does anybody know if there a way to downgrade the firmware on a KS16 ? 

I'm currently on v1.20 and I'd like to revert to v1.18 

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

EDIT29/07 : Update

If you don't want to read all pages in this post, here is a sum-up : i finally managed to downgrade my firmware on my KS16B.

I've finally decided to share directly here my HOWTO i've written for the occasion. Some of you has already successfully downgraded their wheel with this procedure. Here it is : 

FORCING A FIRMWARE DOWNGRADE ON KINGSONG KS16 WHEEL.pdf

IMPORTANT : You'll need a ***rooted*** smartphone

Disclaimer as a reminder : YOU DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK, I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR BRICKED DEVICES OR THINGS THAT HAPPEN TO YOU OR YOUR DEVICES BECAUSE OF THIS DOWNGRADE!

Whats a "rooted smartphone"?

8 hours ago, dalewalker said:

I hate this feature. It destroyed my ks14d that was an amazing wheel.

Makes me do 20km/h at 48%battery so half the time im better off on my wind rider.

Before the update i could do 30km/h uphill even at 25% Battery 

Hy Dale,

one question:

do you have 1.01 or 1.02 Firmware?

hey riders,

do any of you happen to have Firmware KS-16B.bin Version 1.23?  (maybe on your phone or stored somewhere)

I want to go back from 1.25 -> 1.23 as the bluetooth connection was more stable on 1.23.

Thanks in advance for checking!

12 hours ago, Spark said:

hey riders,

do any of you happen to have Firmware KS-16B.bin Version 1.23?  (maybe on your phone or stored somewhere)

I want to go back from 1.25 -> 1.23 as the bluetooth connection was more stable on 1.23.

Thanks in advance for checking!

I just have 1.18 (first one) and with the new kingsong software on the phone everything is working good! 

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zz6trgkr369o257/AACl-tYiJGcwECA1k_Vk1L0ga?dl=0

Inside the Dropbox folder is full description how it's working with the downgrade plus the 1.18bin 

Emanuel 

• 11 months later...

Hello friends,

They must have changed the update server, because today I tried the downgrade from version 1.05 to 1.02, and I could only do it with the old application (the green one), which consults the address' http://apkdomain.duapp.com/kingsong/versions.json '.
Could someone draw what is the new server address that uses the new application (the white one)?

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Augus said:

Here you are the firmware (bin file) for KS-16S, versions 1.00, 1.02, 1.05 and 1.07.

If someone has version 1.03, upload it please.

16S-1.07.bin

16S-V1.00.bin

16S-V1.02.bin

KS16S-1.0.5.bin

oh didn't know there was a 1.07 firmware is that the newest now? if so what's different

On 6/6/2018 at 12:29 AM, Augus said:

Hello friends,

They must have changed the update server, because today I tried the downgrade from version 1.05 to 1.02, and I could only do it with the old application (the green one), which consults the address' http://apkdomain.duapp.com/kingsong/versions.json '.
Could someone draw what is the new server address that uses the new application (the white one)?

Thank you.

While capturing the traffic from the phone I found this, should be what you are looking for :)

http://jc.cnaite.cn/mobile/index.php?act=level_up

Archived